FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Not sure about Horner - is he cover for Raven, perhaps? Fantastic, if we retain all the others. Poloworth is a very good footballer: I'm not sure he's ever been played in his rightful position for the first team (he's not a central defensive midfielder) - he also has a wicked free kick. He will come good! It would be good to retain Nick Ross, too. Again, he plays football the JH way and he's clearly worked hard on the defensive side of the game. Hopefully Ofere will prove hs worth and Ferguson and Sutherland will also be kept....then I think we're just about there for next season!

Not sure about Horner - is he cover for Raven, perhaps? Fantastic, if we retain all the others. Poloworth is a very good footballer: I'm not sure he's ever been played in his rightful position for the first team (he's not a central defensive midfielder) - he also has a wicked free kick. He will come good! It would be good to retain Nick Ross, too. Again, he plays football the JH way and he's clearly worked hard on the defensive side of the game. Hopefully Ofere will prove hs worth and Ferguson and Sutherland will also be kept....then I think we're just about there for next season!

What is Polworth's natural position? I recall him playing DCM for Scotland Schoolboys years ago and the only time I've ever seen him in a different position was against St Johnstone where he was rotten playing off the striker.

What is Polworth's natural position? I recall him playing DCM for Scotland Schoolboys years ago and the only time I've ever seen him in a different position was against St Johnstone where he was rotten playing off the striker.

speaking to a guy who used to play with Polworth through the youth ranks, his opinion was that Polworth's best position was in centre mid of a 4-4-2. I get the feeling that, like with Nick Ross, there is some confusion as to how to fit these guys into the 4-2-3-1 formation that is serving us so well at the moment. Neither are natural CDMs or wingers - I think Christie is probably better than both in the hole behind the striker. So, we're left with the dilemma of two good (local!) footballers on the fringes of the team. Square pegs in round holes?

Have added Kink, and for the purposes of this list, elevated Calum Ferguson and Ali Sutherland into the first-team squad. Not sure on their contract situation, but am assuming they're up for negotiation at the end of the season?

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed up until the end of next season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of this season (2014-15):

• Daniel Devine

Graeme Shinnie (going to Aberdeen)

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Edward Ofere

• Ali Sutherland

• Calum Ferguson

• Tarmo Kink

• Jaime Wilson (Development Squad) 

• Kane Hull (Development Squad) 

• Jason Brown (Development Squad) 

• Struan McArthur (Development Squad) 

• Blair MacLennan (Development Squad) 

• Calum Howarth (Development Squad)

• Chris Brown (Development Squad) 

• Stephen Rennie (Development Squad) 

• Cammy Mackay (goalkeeper) (Development Squad)

• Chris Blackett (Development Squad) 

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) (Development Squad) 

• Ryan Baptie (Development Squad)

Very pleased that it looks like Raven and Watkins are sticking around and pleased that Devine could be as well.  I'm surprised Polworth and Horner are being retained though.  Presumably Hughes has one eye on Europe and thus the likelihood of needing a bigger squad.

I'm glad you aren't handing out the contracts then.  Not seen much of Horner but Polworth is only 20 FFS .. he's represented Scotland at youth level on several occasions, and has been in and around the first team for 2 seasons.

He might not be a first team regular just yet but give the guy a chance..

People were on here moaning about Armstrong being let go and you're suggesting we cut ties with one of our brightest prospects.

Delighted to see all the contracts being handed out buy Ross & Watkins should definitely be priority

Where have I said I don't want Polworth retained?  I said I was surprised he was being retained, considering he hasn't made a start in months and his appearances off the a bench which he now sometimes fails to make are becoming more and more sporadic.

Will he get a chance now though?  He's had a couple of decent games yes, but by the same token he's had a couple of shockers and with more players brought in now, one would presume he's now further down the pecking order.

A player of that age needs to be playing and should we stay injury free, chances will become more and more limited for him.  Maybe signing him up and sending him out on loan to a Division One side, would be the best option.

I think loyalty and commitment often gets exploited in business.  If you let it be known that you are keen to stay and the family is settled etc, then contract offers will be less attractive than if the business wants to keep you but is worried you will be off with the first decent offer that comes from elsewhere.  Successful businesses pay wages which are the least they need to pay in order to secure the services of the staff they want.   Our club may have decent people at the helm but they are managing a business and will be business-like in their contract negotiations.  It's not fair, but its the way it is.

I believe Dave the Rave is training to be a plumber so he has a career after football so is already sorting himself out. He has got to be one of our most consistent performers and a two year deal is the least he deserves in my opinion.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bit unedifying to see a club run up almost £30,000,000 of debts, go into admin, stiff their creditors, then come straight back to the top league one year later and start using their chequebook to lure other teams players. Hey ho, cheats never win eh?

Not having a go at you I always thought it was a weird phrase that papers use that's all :smile:

Anyway, hope he stays but I suspect he is off. I was sure I had read he was wanting to head back to England?

I believe Dave the Rave is training to be a plumber so he has a career after football so is already sorting himself out. He has got to be one of our most consistent performers and a two year deal is the least he deserves in my opinion.

How could he sink so low ?

• Agree 1