FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

I don't follow/do Twitter, so no idea of the credence of this 'tweet'! Has he got a credible 'track record' of breaking stories?

Pre-contract agreement or leaving now?!

Billy was always leaving in the summer, at latest. But we need to keep him until the end of the season! Our challenge for Europe will be severely weakened if he leaves now!

I don't follow/do Twitter, so no idea of the credence of this 'tweet'! Has he got a credible 'track record' of breaking stories?

Pre-contract agreement or leaving now?!

Billy was always leaving in the summer, at latest. But we need to keep him until the end of the season! Our challenge for Europe will be severely weakened if he leaves now!

The guy that posted it usually spot on with stuff regarding us. I think he works/worked with Sky Sports.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

As per the Mckay rumour thread The Scotsman is saying a fee of £150k has been agreed between the clubs.

Would this be the most we've ever received for one of our players ? Sure I read on here that we'd knocked back a far higher fee from Fleetwood for Billy before ?

As per the Mckay rumour thread The Scotsman is saying a fee of £150k has been agreed between the clubs.

Would this be the most we've ever received for one of our players ? Sure I read on here that we'd knocked back a far higher fee from Fleetwood for Billy before ?

Niculae went for 500,000 euros.

(Niculae went for 500,000 euros.)

LESS 450,000 EUROS IN COSTS ,EXPENSES AND LEGAL FEES!!!

All costs were awarded to the club so Marius paid for the costs and legal fees. All the fee went to the club.

Josh Meekings close to agreeing new deal apparently. Outstanding news if true!

Just remembered this post. Meekings has apparently been close to signing a new deal / wanting to sign a new deal for some time now. What is going on?

Edited by RiG

Josh Meekings close to agreeing new deal apparently. Outstanding news if true!

Just remembered this post. Meekings has apparently been close to signing a new deal / wanting to sign a new deal for some time now. What is going on?

Believe Caley offered him a 3 year deal - He is not willing to sign on for such a long term deal.

Am slightly concerned at events over the last few days. Shinnie signing a pre contract and Billy trying to better himself I can live with, but what effect will this have on the other out of contract players? Will they commit, when arguably our 2 best players won't be there next season? Added to that Dave the Rave says he hasn't been offered a contract when comments attributed to him would indicate he wants to stay.

All in all, it must be causing a great deal of unrest in the changing room, and worries me about how our season may play out.

We could do with some positive news coming from the club, and fast.

• Agree 1

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

Signed up until the end of next season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of this season (2014-15):

• Daniel Devine

Graeme Shinnie (going to Aberdeen)

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• David Raven

• Josh Meekings

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Jaime Wilson (Development Squad) 

• Kane Hull (Development Squad) 

• Jason Brown (Development Squad) 

• Struan McArthur (Development Squad) 

• Blair MacLennan (Development Squad) 

• Calum Howarth (Development Squad)

• Chris Brown (Development Squad) 

• Ali Sutherland (Development Squad)

• Stephen Rennie (Development Squad) 

• Cammy Mackay (goalkeeper) (Development Squad)

• Chris Blackett (Development Squad) 

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) (Development Squad) 

• Calum Ferguson (Development Squad)

• Ryan Baptie (Development Squad)

If we don't sign anyone in the window we better be getting our out of contract players on new deals now and stop the faffing about.

Agreed.  And with money from Billy's move and the saving of his wages there should be a little more cash to offer the out of contract players.  It is more important to secure some of these players for next season than to splash money on a second rate striker.  Meanwhile who knows how Fergusson and Sutherland might develop if given a bit of first team experience.

• Agree 1

If we don't sign anyone in the window we better be getting our out of contract players on new deals now and stop the faffing about.

Agreed. And with money from Billy's move and the saving of his wages there should be a little more cash to offer the out of contract players. It is more important to secure some of these players for next season than to splash money on a second rate striker. Meanwhile who knows how Fergusson and Sutherland might develop if given a bit of first team experience.

Do I need to remind you that Billy was a second rate striker when he came here?

Getting our players to sign contracts is something the club should and would have been doing had mckay not left.

We need goals and none of our squad have proven before that they can get 20+ goals for the season and it's a big ask hoping one or two will.

Edited by Ayeseetee

While everyone's going into meltdown about the striker situation, I'm getting increasingly concerned about the defence.  Raven and Meekings are two of our most reliable players and have expressed a desire to stay, yet one claims that contract talks have "stalled", while the other seemingly hasn't been offered a deal at all!  What's the deal with that?

• Agree 4

While everyone's going into meltdown about the striker situation, I'm getting increasingly concerned about the defence. Raven and Meekings are two of our most reliable players and have expressed a desire to stay, yet one claims that contract talks have "stalled", while the other seemingly hasn't been offered a deal at all! What's the deal with that?

This.