FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Looks like Raven was not ravin'.

As previously remarked, he has also found that the "grass is always greener over the fence. 

But stability is underrated. It can lead to greater forward movement when a player's reputation grows by sticking by what works for him and his club and this is clear evidence that he can be relied upon as a "stayer".

That's not to say that moving on to try to improve your life's position is a negative thing--far from it.

If your career and yourself has become stifled, and seems to have few opportunities open for future progression to a more challenging job or situation, then moving on is a very good move to carefully consider.

It opens up fresh  pastures and opportunities for growth, leads to the possibility of the making of new contacts which can benefit you in may ways  and allows you to put past mistakes behind you, thus encouraging you to make different choices.

IMHO, It's all about growth and self fulfillment and there's no doubt, as seen from my personal standpoint, that moving when it is time to is not just an optional way to go but is imperative to future mental, physical health an spiritual health growth. 

Staying put can lead to negative consequences in your life which may be hard to recover from.

A very wise person once said to me that if I got into a situation where the other party or parties did not think the same way as I did then that was the time to move on -i.e away from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not surprised he is leaving after all the speculation, but I am surprised he is not going south.  I suppose we have to wish him well, except of course when he plays against us.

Wish him well? No chance. Such a lack of ambition shouldn't be rewarded with messages of good luck.

Won't be playing for us so I see no reason to wish him well especially given he's moving to another team in the same league and one who we are currently very much on a level playing field with.

• Agree 1

The 'like' is for the 'scoop' RiG, obviously not my reaction to this breaking news.

I'd resigned myself to the fact he was leaving, but really hoped he'd head down to England. To join a direct rival (both competitively and geographically) is disappointing.

The Dons fans will be 'creaming' themselves at this as they've been courting him for a few seasons now.

He's an Aberdonian guy, so there was always that 'lure', plus there's a fair contingent of ex-Inverness players at Pittodrie.

He could have earned more money going to the English Championship, I'm sure, but i'll respect his decision and wish him well.

What bugs the hell for me though, is that we've progressed the player over many years - including a loan spell in the Highland league and will receive nothing in compensation - while Dundee United get nearly £3 Million for a player they've had for a year and had zero input in his development! Aghh! Gutted.

Terrible decision. They may well be a 'bigger' club, and have considerably more financial clout than us, but they're certainly not a better team than us in footballing terms. Graeme is easily good enough to have signed for a Championship club so I'm really surprised at his lack of ambition.

No worries, Tremarco has been one of my players of the season so far and is a more than adequate replacement. I'd actually have no qualms with Yogi benching Shinnie for the rest of the season and certainly don't think that'd have a detrimental effect on our position.

I'd love it if Aberdeen took a nosedive between now and the end of the season and us and Utd pipped them to the European spots, a very realistic scenario.

You certainly wouldn't field him - or even name him as a sub - v Aberdeen.

Aberdeen have hit the sand and we might well finish above them. McInnes might get a Championship or League 1 mgt offer and shoot the craw.

SIgning for Aberdeen is rarely a good thing these days.

With his imminent change of lifestyle the move to Aberdeen would make sense to him and his family. Closer to his own mum and dad and not a million miles from Inverness. Having said all that I cannot wish him well when joining our rivals and as has been said major lack of ambition and a slap in the face to ICT and the fans announcing this when we are in a battle with Aberdeen for league placings. Anyway I hope he likes '80's music and shoulder pads because he will be going back 30 years to be in the same era as their fans seem to live.

• Agree 3

Won't be playing for us so I see no reason to wish him well especially given he's moving to another team in the same league and one who we are currently very much on a level playing field with.

Wish him well against teams in the same league whilst challenging with us for second? Think again.

End of the day Graeme is still contracted to us until June and should be treated as such. If his individual performance starts to fade then he should of coure be dropped but to drop him straight away just strikes of 'sour grapes'.

Gary Mackay-Stevens signed for Celtic and Jackie MacNamara still puts him in the team.

• Agree 1

Never mind benching him - just tell the Dons he will not play at all if they don't come up with the cash and take him now

Just how does that benefit anyone ?

It will benefit OUR players who are presently sitting on the bench!

That's according to journalist Pete O Rourke at least, who tweeted within the last hour:  "Wigan are closing in on the signing of Inverness striker Billy McKay"

Can't tell from that if he is suggesting PCA or immediate transfer. 

Edited by Yngwie