FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chris Hogg

old caley girl

Chris Hogg posted on his twitter feed today that he'd decided in the summer to retire from pro football. Apparently couldn't get a club that fitted in with his family arrangements. Personally sorry for him. I still remember him getting that awful cruciate injury and his brave try at regaining fitness.

Chris Hogg posted on his twitter feed today that he'd decided in the summer to retire from pro football. Apparently couldn't get a club that fitted in with his family arrangements. Personally sorry for him. I still remember him getting that awful cruciate injury and his brave try at regaining fitness.

Then fecking off as soon as he regained his fitness

Well, that's interesting .

My understanding was that the club released him and the exact  reason was not publicised. 

After an injury like his the stability of the knee would always be in question anyway.

My skiing  injury to my left knee well over twenty years ago never fully healed because I could not take the time off work to have full surgery done, just arthroscopic which was a palliative only,  and the only exercise I have been able to do since then was on the indoor bike. Two years ago, thinking that my knee was now strong I upped the pressure on the bike and the whole thing collapsed again giving me a very hard time. Now I will again have to have arthroscopic surgery shortly.

Make no mistake, ligament, meniscus etc.,damage is a very serious injury and needs immediate and expert surgery and then lengthy rehabilitation which is a very painful and physically and emotionally tough experience.

The club paid a lot of money for his rehabilitation and , without judging due to lack of facts, they did very well by him. At the same time there will be no doubt that his life was radically changed as a result of the injury and  he needed to move on--who knows?

• 2 weeks later...