FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Elton John

DJS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to press reports today the promoters are very unhappy that tickets have already appeared on e-bay. The only tickets sold so far have been to people who knew the season ticket holders password that was sent out to all season ticket holders. It is believed that some people have been passing on the password to others. Promoters are going to do all in their power to stop the illegal resale of the tickets and are seriously considering pulling out of the concert. These are the words in one newspaper.

The papers have got this wrong Alex, i got a letter yesterday from SECCextra as a past purchaser of EJ tickets including password for "pre sale" purchase,can only hazard a guess how many got sent these so not just season ticket holders have "passwords" , clever marketing my sceptical side thinks  :024:

Dont know mate, I just read what was in some papers and they intimated that ICT season ticket holders must have been passing on the password to others.

I think the ST holders got their password at the beginning of the week and were able to purchase from tuesday. The tickets on e-bay at the moment  even advertise the seat number so the promoters will have an idea when they were purchased.

Tickets were only availble for sale after 9am this morning, so it says..  anyone selling on Ebay must be jumping the gun as it were!  bought mine today no prob.... anyone wanna buy an Elton ticket?

Such has been the take-up from those who were given access to advanced purchase tickets (which was not only Season Ticket Holders as mentioned above), their may not be any to go on Public Sale.  Which seemed to be backed up by the limited seats available when I got mine earlier this evening.

Workers of One Touch (Inverness Medical, Lifescan - whatever their bleeming name is at the moment) were given the opportunity for the pre-sale as well.  There are people within that company, and other sponsorships, that have bought 6 specifically to sell onto ebay.

The way around this was limiting to 2 or 3 per person, and when booking you had to quote your Season Ticket number rather then just the password.