Elton John

DJS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton at Caley Stadium

More about it on that link including,

Alan Savage, the chairman of Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club, which will benefit from the concert, said money raised would go towards helping the club.

He said: "I'm extremely proud that our club has been able to bring north a global icon and host such a superb occasion. The whole area will be buzzing at the news. It should be a real money spinner and all our income from the concert will go to strengthening manager Charlie Christie's football budget for next season."

:005: Good news that Charlie will be allowed to spend some of it.

Assuming an average £50 per seat and a full house thats £400000 less his fee, security, stage advertising, ticket production etc. Notice SECxtra, seetickets and Ticketmaster are the selling outlets so their cut will come of. Of course there's bound to be refreshments and possibly a beer tent that will generate some more cash. So how much does that leave for the club? Personally I would hope at least half the income would be coming back to us but will 200k be enough for Sir E and his entourage.

Maybe we should try to put ICT words to one of Elton's songs ?

'football wizard'

'charlie in the sky with diamonds'

'passengers' (for HMS Sneck)

sure many of you can do better than me , I dont know too many Elton songs  :014:

Darren is travelling tonight for a fee

I can see the red tail lights heading for Dundee

Oh and I can see Darren waving goodbye

God it looks like Darren, must be beer cloudin’ my eyes...

-----------------

Goodbye Darren Dods

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to play for us

While those around you stayed.

-------------------

I'll get me coat......  :015: :016:

I've been trying to figure out the best place for the stage, and the setup.  Probably put the stand at the away end, and have some mainstand seating, Bridge end seating and some on the pitch.  That would be to get more people, however, it doesn't really give good access from the Main Stand to the stage.

stage opposite the main stand, with tall barriers erected behind to stop the bridge/A9 portion of the audience from getting a view. If you put it in front of any of the stands you automatically reduce the potential size of the crowd as no-one wants to sit behind the stage