FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

cheerio mark

maimie

There sems to be an assumption that Mark will spend the next three and a half seasons warming the bench at Parkhead.

I don't think that that will necessarily be the case. In fact, I predict that he will be Celtic's first choice 'keeper by this time next season.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mark gets much of a game at Celtic - and that's a pretty big if - it will be interesting to see whether the weak areas in his game improve.  In all his time in Inverness he did not improve at penalties or with the ball at his feet, so if we were to see improvements from Mark in these areas then the coaching he received while with ICT would have to be called into question.

I hear Mark only signed on condition that Les Fridge accompanied him (on the banjo).

Like a lot of folk I can't see much, if any, first team action for him, but I doubt he'll be happy warming the bench so he must believe there's at least a chance there. If it turns out that Boruc stays and doesn't get injured, or he leaves and Marshall takes the top spot, then Mark can always look for something else at the end of his current contract.

For me it'd be - never mind the money (though that's very nice), I don't want to get to the end of my career and be wondering if I could have played in the Champions League, if only I'd taken a fairly insubstantial and lucrative risk (plus a few splinters in the erse).

I'm afraid my opinions on Brown have dropped a bit after reading all the articles in the press about it today.

I didn't realise he could be so arrogant, and apart from one quote where he gave credit to ICT for ressurecting his career he totally talked down his time here as if we were a lower league team who HE had done the favour and that he was now back where he belongs at the top level. (I'm assuming he was meaning Rangers Reserves and not his time at Motherwell!!!)

Warming the bench for one half of the Old Filth and already it's going to his head - he may just fit in better than we all think.

He seems to be where he wants to be, and I hope it turns out to be everything he dreams it will because if it doesn't then he may not get another opportunity like he had with us to get him kick-started again.

I'm afraid my opinions on Brown have dropped a bit after reading all the articles in the press about it today.

I didn't realise he could be so arrogant, and apart from one quote where he gave credit to ICT for ressurecting his career he totally talked down his time here as if we were a lower league team who HE had done the favour and that he was now back where he belongs at the top level. (I'm assuming he was meaning Rangers Reserves and not his time at Motherwell!!!)

Warming the bench for one half of the Old Filth and already it's going to his head - he may just fit in better than we all think.

He seems to be where he wants to be, and I hope it turns out to be everything he dreams it will because if it doesn't then he may not get another opportunity like he had with us to get him kick-started again.

Yeh totally agree..  I read three different news paper articles today just to see if he had said anything positive about the club but not a peep.  No respect... what about the fans that chanted "Scotland's No 1" everytime he made a save?? Quite disappointed tbh :007:

Guest Suspicious Mind

Yeh totally agree..  I read three different news paper articles today just to see if he had said anything positive about the club but not a peep.  No respect... what about the fans that chanted "Scotland's No 1" everytime he made a save?? Quite disappointed tbh :007:

Harry if what's reported is true then I share your views.

Prepared to give Broonie the benefit of the doubt however as we all no that all the press are interested in is the Old Firm and that more often than not, what you say is not always what you see in print.

Broonie always seemed a decent guy who worked hard for the club and appreciated our support. Hope we can leave it at that and put five past him when we meet!

If you'd any doubt, have a wee listen to his radio interview - he came to Inverness to resurrect his career (not we gave him a chance), we were struggling in the 1st division when he arrived and now we're doing well so [it's all down to him]. He had to be prompted to give us any positive mention whatsoever and then it was damning with faint praise. Best of luck old big'ead, hope the curse of Caley Thistle gets ya between the eyes.

My favourite bit was when one reporter asked "you left Rangers because you weren't getting first team football - what's different about this?". Get in  :021:

I was shot down in flames after the Killie game, which MB lost us, for saying he was a crap keeper.....

And so you should have been...

Glad you all agree with me now..... :023:

I doubt anyone agrees with you... Mark has been an excellent keeper for us and there is no doubting his ability, it just would have been nice to get a thank you to the fans for supporting him through his 5 year career with ICT. 

Get back to me when he becomes Celtic's No 1 Keeper, Harry.....

Just because i'm not happy at his decision to move clubs doesn't man he is no longer a good keeper.... and if you are actually trying to say that he hasn't been one of our best players over the last 5 years then you are deluded!  Why do you think the team in poll position in the SPL have bought him :017:

Why do you think the team in poll position in the SPL have bought him :017:

To provide cover for Boruc and/or Marshall, should he return from Norwich....

MB has always been a good shot stopper, which can make a keeper look good in the TV action replays....

I don't think he could ever be described as a great all round keeper.... but.. he might improve with better coaching at Parkhead. 

I honestly believe that Michael Fraser is capable of achieving much more than MB.....

We shall see......

I agree, LG... He was a great shot stopper - given the right kind of shot... :023:

It was a pity about the rest of his game... but - like I say I agree with you.... In fact, I've always agreed with everything you've ever said on here...... You always talk so much sense....

Got any spare tickets for tomorrow, BTW?

He's a Celtic reserve now so whether or not he is a good keeper doesn't really concern us. I'm more interested in how ICT No 1 Michael fraser plays  :003:

:025: :025: :025: :025: :025:

Mark Brown has been a great servant to the club. Was a major contributor to getting us to where we are today.

And, fair enough, i dont see alot of games, but whenever i have seen him go to catch a cross he catches it. Altho he is weak under pressure and doesnt command his area brilliantly and he cant kick a moving ball or kick very well for that matr, but he can catch and he is an immense shot stopper.

Also Marshall cant catch anything and he is far more suseptible to errors.

Good luck Mark!

Interesting interview in Scotland on Sunday with Darren Dods... saying that Michael Fraser would have been moving on at the end of the season but will now obviously re-consider....

Dods rates him very highly....

I hope our fans get behind him today, and that he plays a blinder..... :022: