FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

cheerio mark

maimie

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mark gets much of a game at Celtic - and that's a pretty big if - it will be interesting to see whether the weak areas in his game improve.  In all his time in Inverness he did not improve at penalties or with the ball at his feet, so if we were to see improvements from Mark in these areas then the coaching he received while with ICT would have to be called into question.

Good luck to Mark at his new club.

He is a far superior keeper to Marshall - who DID get his chance with the club, and Mark has every opportunity of getting a similar chance at some point. This will greatly enhance Mark's chances of fulfilling his ambitions with the National squad.

He has been a fantastic servant to the club representing us positively both on and off the field.

Thanks for all Mark has brought to ICT over the past four years, and best wishes to Mark and Joanne for the future.

I've been sitting here thinking about this for a while, and I just cannot get my head around it.  If I could, I would love to pose a few questions to him;

1. Why do you feel that it would be better to be second choice at a club, essentially become a no-body, rather then being a hero to many, and playing regular football?

2. How do you feel this is going to improve your chances of becoming an International?

3. Does money really mean more to you then playing?

4. Do you now really understand what you are letting yourself in for, do you know that your life will never be your own, and that you have to share it with thousands of people?

5. Why?

I just can't get my head around it all.  This is career suicide for him, and no doubt in 2 years he will be looking for another club trying to rebuild his career.  I won't feel any malice towards him for leaving, but I won't sympathize with him if his career disappears, your good Mark, but are you really THAT good?

'  just can't get my head around it all '

How about £4k a week?

I can't believe we got 100 grand for him. Wow!

Good luck Mike Fraser, looking forward to seeing you improve as you get more games under your belt!

I say good luck to him - he's been a key player for the club, and I can't blame him for wanting to play at the highest level possible and secure his financial future.  I'm sure he's thought of the risk of ending up in the reserves and on the bench, and decided it's a risk worth taking. CC would know exactly how Brown felt knowing that Celtic wanted him, as he was in the same position 20 years ago.

Now, bring on Mikey! The future's Fraser  :003:

It is the potential harm that the move might do for his Scotland career that folk are trying to fathom out.

Playing for ICT did nothing for his chances of getting a full international cap, despite what we might think/hope .... not playing in the first team for one half of the OF usually means you are a shoe-in for a call up (unfortunately).

Playing for ICT did nothing for his chances of getting a full international cap, despite what we might think/hope .... not playing in the first team for one half of the OF usually means you are a shoe-in for a call up (unfortunately).

I had typed out a better post than this but it got lost in one of many brain farts so I'll need to see what I can remember  :007:

Playing for ICT regularly will have done more for his international career than sitting on the bench at Celtic. Playing well on a regular basis as Broonie has done should be rewarded with a call up. Not for signing fro Rangers or Celtic and testing their first choice keeper. He might not even get a regular slot at Celtic. A lot of people are saying that Boruc might be away. What if he doesn't move after all the hype?

I would imagine that the next Scotland squad will be interesting. If Brown does get picked simply for having signed for the one of the Old Filth then it will only confirm what people have suspected - sign on as an OF reserve and you are guaranteed international honours.

My other post was much better structured than this but it's been lost forever  :009:

Very sad to see Mark go and I wish him all the best, except if he plays against us.  He made a huge contribution to the success of ICT over the last 4 years.  He was a major reason for the sound defensive repututation that ICT has been known for.

Mark has been on a modest salary since he left Rangers and I cannot blame him for securing a greatly enhanced contract with Celtic.

All the best Mark, your place in ICT history is secure.

Guest SPL_Jaggie

From what I've heard and read about Mark, he is a true professional footballer. His confidence in his own ability probably played a big part in his decision, along with the money.

All the negative posters ask yourself this question.

If you were offered a job for lots more money and better prospects, would you turn it down?

Thank you for all you have done for our club Mark and good luck. You'll need it.

Mikey Fraser #1 :021:

Onwards and upwards!!!

The one thing that everybody should note in all of this is that Mark Brown was still deciding whether to stay with us or move to Falkirk. He was offered a contract that would have been enough to keep him.

However, Mark did not seek a position with Celtic. Celtic phoned ICT about the possibility and Grassa met their representatives to discuss a deal. They offered a fee that ICT could not ignore. Grassa and Charlie also thought hard about Marks future and decided it would be unfair to stand in the way of an opportunity such as this. Mark has been excellent for us so we're not going to repay him by blocking what is a fantastic opportunity for him. Our management team decided to let him go before Mark was even aware that an offer had been made. Mark Brown will go places in his career and we should all remember what he has achieved at ICT and wish him all the best for the future. And remember guys and girls, when you watch him walk out in the blue of Scotland, Inverness Caledonian Thistle was responsible for getting him there.

Who cares what his reasons are, he's made his decision and he's gone.

The way somepeople are going on you'd think they'd just been dumped by the woman they love and they're struggling to come to terms with it and are searching for the reason why as they think it will in some way ease the pain.

Dude, she's dumped you for the guy with the Ferrari, get back in your Mondeo and move on  :015:

Spin it whatever way you like.

He was the one making all the noises about looking for a move to "Further his chances/opportunities".  If he was so happy to remain at ICT then he would have signed a new deal with us - something I am sure Grassa and CC would have happily rejected the £100k for.

He wanted a shift and he got one...and ICT got a nice fee for him so everyone's happy.

The way somepeople are going on you'd think they'd just been dumped by the woman they love and they're struggling to come to terms with it and are searching for the reason why as they think it will in some way ease the pain.

Dude, she's dumped you for the guy with the Ferrari, get back in your Mondeo and move on  :015:

Thank God we had no bitterness or any kind of fall out when Brewster left for Tannadice  :004:

Absolutely nothing wrong with a MONDEO.  :015: