FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Livingston Away

WYNESS101

Anyone who thinks they are going to "Almondvale" for this tie, get with the times. Over the years it's been the:

- West Lothian Courier Stadium

- City Stadium (but not in a city)

- Braidwood Motor Company Stadium

- Energy Assets Arena

and as of the last few days, this latest name really takes the biscotti.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the TONY MACARONI ARENA!!!

• Agree 1

I'm not sure we are in a position to field a weakened team with much confidence of winning. I would much rather have a confidence boosting victory.

I'm not sure how making changes would make us weaker? Our players on the bench are good enough for the first team against premiership teams, so I'm confident they can do the business vs Livi. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

No changes, our team from Sat, the team that seems to be slowly getting it together. We can already see that the league will be much harder this year and top 6 isnt a garunteed its a maybe so we need to focus on the cups - with players expected to be back later in the season winning against Livi gives us the chance to get a run going. I dont want knocked out by fielding a weak team to concentrate on a league game which we are favourites to loose.

Livingston have been rotten at home in 2015, so hopefully we can heap more misery on them tomorrow.

If there are no injuries, we have to go with the same team as Saturday IMO. After half a dozen games where personnel and positions were swapped each week (out of necessity), we need to keep a familiar lineup.

I'm not sure we are in a position to field a weakened team with much confidence of winning. I would much rather have a confidence boosting victory.

Last time I remember meeting them in any competition was an incredible 10 years ago in the 1/4 final of the same cup. Dargo put us ahead in the first minute and we pummelled them only for them to equalise just on half time. Eventually lost to a Paul Dalglish goal in e.t. Extremely gutting as only Dunfermline, Celtic and Motherwell were left in.

They had names like Snodgrass and an animal called Pinxten and somebody called Brittain. We had The Machine and Russeldinho, Bambi, Bazza and Rossco.

Last time I remember meeting them in any competition was an incredible 10 years ago in the 1/4 final of the same cup. Dargo put us ahead in the first minute and we pummelled them only for them to equalise just on half time. Eventually lost to a Paul Dalglish goal in e.t. Extremely gutting as only Dunfermline, Celtic and Motherwell were left in.

They had names like Snodgrass and an animal called Pinxten and somebody called Brittain. We had The Machine and Russeldinho, Bambi, Bazza and Rossco.

I was at that game, Dalglish scored with only a couple minutes left if I remember correctly.  I felt there was a curse on us and we couldn't make the step up to the league cup semi final. 

Was that the last time we played them?