Sign in to follow this  
bdu98196

Dundee game

Recommended Posts

                   OFW

McKay Meekings Warren Tremarco

            Tansey Vigurs

Doran          Draper          King

                    Doumbaye

Team almost picks itself after the last game, however I feel after the 2 sub appearances from Doran he deserves a start if fit enough, so its between dropping Polly or Vigurs. Up front Fisher came on and scored but in the first half I felt Doumbaye cause Celtic problems - tough call but I think either will be a good option. Being in the position where we have Mulraney, Doran, Boden and Fisher to try fit into a winning team when all can contribute something shows we are starting to build up strength and depth - this means Cole hasn't even had a sniff yet and Raven & Horner are on the sidelines!!!

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy enough with that although I wouldn't be too fussed if we kept the same team as Sunday. 1 - 1 seems a safe bet. Four out of the last six games between the sides have ended this way. Dundee haven't beaten us in over ten years in the league. Their last, and only win, was a 3 - 1 victory back in January 2005.

I asked some Dundee fans on P & B how Williams and Vincent were getting on. One said that Williams should be melted down for glue :laugh: 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be as simple as to play the same X1 as we did against Cellic - I actually hope NOT. Playing Cellic at home is different from playing Dungdee at home. Foran has emphasised how important it is to keep as many players in contention and starting as possible. We now have a bit of choice on who starts and what system to use. The back five, when fit and free from suspension, do simply pick themselves. Tansey appears to have become a Foran "shoe in" although he has improved significantly in recent games - and has been freed of "competition" with Draper and to a lesser degree Vigurs. I would put Polworth in beside Tansey. King also cant be dropped so it is a case of who plays wider. I can see Doran getting a start this time. I don't think that playing Draper in the hole with a typical centre forward works that well. I would be tempted to keep him high up the pitch but to play somebody with pace beside him. I would go for Boden but he appears to have lost brownie points. My second choice would be Fisher. I think that he is more mobile and, so far, looks as good in the air as Doombar. But he is the latest signing, a lesser version of a prodigal son. So I expect him to start but he can be hooked early doors if he doesn't make a mark. If Doombar plays I would like to see more width and the old fashioned attacking the bye line and providing fodder for Doombar and Draper to latch on to. I suspect that despite the P&B comments that Hartley's mentality will be to play both Vincent and Williams against their old team. Is Nicky Ross unfit or struggling to get in the side. At times I think that Nicky Ross is a bit Ryan Christie-esque and think that he could have done a great job at the TCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2016 at 2:00 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It may not be as simple as to play the same X1 as we did against Cellic - I actually hope NOT. Playing Cellic at home is different from playing Dungdee at home. Foran has emphasised how important it is to keep as many players in contention and starting as possible. We now have a bit of choice on who starts and what system to use. The back five, when fit and free from suspension, do simply pick themselves. Tansey appears to have become a Foran "shoe in" although he has improved significantly in recent games - and has been freed of "competition" with Draper and to a lesser degree Vigurs. I would put Polworth in beside Tansey. King also cant be dropped so it is a case of who plays wider. I can see Doran getting a start this time. I don't think that playing Draper in the hole with a typical centre forward works that well. I would be tempted to keep him high up the pitch but to play somebody with pace beside him. I would go for Boden but he appears to have lost brownie points. My second choice would be Fisher. I think that he is more mobile and, so far, looks as good in the air as Doombar. But he is the latest signing, a lesser version of a prodigal son. So I expect him to start but he can be hooked early doors if he doesn't make a mark. If Doombar plays I would like to see more width and the old fashioned attacking the bye line and providing fodder for Doombar and Draper to latch on to. I suspect that despite the P&B comments that Hartley's mentality will be to play both Vincent and Williams against their old team. Is Nicky Ross unfit or struggling to get in the side. At times I think that Nicky Ross is a bit Ryan Christie-esque and think that he could have done a great job at the TCS.

X1? 

I see you're getting it tight on P&B :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this match and the opportunity to nudge further up the table. Hopefully, after three successive good results and entertaining performances, a few more fans will be encouraged to attend and the attendance will nudge above three thousand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Caley Girl has been busy checking out the teams ahead of the game :clapoverhead: Good preview with video and pics of the programme competition winner. Have a deek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this one, hopefully we can get a decent crowd through the gates and continue with our mini revival.

Maybe one change to last week and that is bringing in a natural wide player on the right, Doran or Mulraney. No slur on Liam Polworth who has done ok but is much more influential through the middle.

Difficult call for Richie Foran any 2 from Tansey, Vigurs or Polworth.

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this one as much as the odd away day.

A huge 3 points are at stake, according to a paper, is it true that Dundee have never beaten us at TCS.

If this is true can anyone tell me how many Dundee players have been involved over the years to help maintain that record and what big signing players did thay have to try and break the on going bogie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Looking forward to this one as much as the odd away day.

A huge 3 points are at stake, according to a paper, is it true that Dundee have never beaten us at TCS.

If this is true can anyone tell me how many Dundee players have been involved over the years to help maintain that record and what big signing players did thay have to try and break the on going bogie.

According to one of this morning's papers Dundee have been to Inverness eight times and have never won. Maybe they are the new Hibs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2016 at 2:01 PM, 12th Man said:

Think it may have been the Dundee courier. 

They mentioned this on Sportsound on Saturday. Appears to be the case. They should just forfeit the 3 points in future and save themselves the bus fare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one we lost at Dens was in the early days of Brewster and we really should have won it. Against that, we've had a couple of lucky draws there recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2016 at 1:55 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

According to one of this morning's papers Dundee have been to Inverness eight times and have never won. Maybe they are the new Hibs?

It is true. They have never beat us at TCS. Saturday was 10th meeting at TCS and we have won 6. Overall head to head - 24 played 10 ICT wins 10 Draws in all comps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.