FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hooking of Blackie

Caley Stan

More Charlie Christie Protection Society antics on here Richard.

This game was non controlled by a pathetic Freeland. He let both sets of players off with a spate of late challenges. I will discuss the tactical mistakes later but will concentrate on young Mr Black first. He was persisitently being wound up with late challenges but did not retaliate. He was our ONLY player yesterday who looked like he could get us three points. Tokely should have been given a RED when the **** Freeland decided to book Black. In fact Tokely, Dods, Hastings, and especially Duncan, were dishing out the fouls and giving Freeland dogs abuse. So why werent they taken off?

As fer the Killie fans winding Black up - it looked the opposite to me - he was cradling his hands swinging along to them - with a wide smirk - he was feckin loving it. Killie fans knew he was our best player fer fecks sake. And the "Only One Ian Black" response was the loudest of the day from our support who practically all stoood up to sing it.

CC then goes on to defend Black in the press - so what does he do - takes off the one player who could have really turned the game. It was last gasp saloon fer us - we had to go fer a win - so take Black off in those circumstances - GIVE ME A FECKIN BREAK. It could have been the making of Black or yet another sore lesson. Do we just keep hooking him every time he gets feckin booked.

And did he look pished off or what?

IHE :

I don't recall seeing your thoughts on the Black substitution in the Celtic game.... It was claimed he was asking to come off - as he was "knackered"

I've watched the whole game several times now - he wasn't half as knackered as Bazza was, who lasted 10 mins longer than Black...

That substitution certainly cost us that game - Black was stoically defending the areas where the two late goals came from...

Your thoughts?

CC clearly has a thing fer Black. In the Cellic game Bazza was clearly fecked and should have been hooked before Black. Even if Black walked Caff would have been the tactically sounder sub - not feckin McSwegan.

We had to win yesterday - so that is not a time to mollycoddle yer best player.

Even if Black was one bad tackle away from being sent off (which i don't agree he was), it was still worth leaving him on simply because he was the best player on the park. So many great footballers have hot heads - think Cantona, Maradona, Gazza, Rooney - i don't remember these guys getting hooked every time they got booked. 

Even if Black was one bad tackle away from being sent off (which i don't agree he was), it was still worth leaving him on simply because he was the best player on the park. So many great footballers have hot heads - think Cantona, Maradona, Gazza, Rooney - i don't remember these guys getting hooked every time they got booked. 

I'm long enough in the tooth to recall another great legend he reminds me of....

Wee Billy Bremner.... A pint sized nyaff who was completely fearless - afraid of no one.... You could safely bet your mortgage on him winning any fifty-fifty ball.... an inspiration to Scotland and Leeds United...

My fear now is that CC & Donald aren't too sure how best to handle this prodigious young talent, and could end up loosing him....

CC clearly has a thing fer Black. In the Cellic game Bazza was clearly fecked and should have been hooked before Black.

Wilson was exhausted last week yet he won us the game with that lung bursting run.

Well he's facing 8 meaningless ones now and so are we.

They are far from meaningless. Unless you want to pass the chance of grabbing anything up to (and maybe over) an extra 200k by finishing 7th instead of 10th/11th.

black needs to play and he needs the rest of the team to help him(and themselves), if everybody was making the attack-detroying challenges black does then he wouldnt pick up as many yellows, theyd be more spread out  :015:

he reads the game well and rarely makes stupid challenges, often hard and unfair but he breaks up the oppostiion better than anybody, who in the spl likes playing against ian black?  how many of them even know who russel duncan or roy macbain are?

A diversion as the large majority of people agree with me.  :018: :018:

With all due respect to those agreeing with you go and take a look and see how many were actually at the game.