FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

festivals/concerts this year...

maimie

Do gigs at my work count? ;)

I've got Jools Holland in December (3rd year running), Maiden as well, T in the Park both days and Clapton. Gonna see if I can get into Hayseed Dixie on Saturday at my work and then see what else comes up.

Was offered tickets for Foo's and Motherhead at Hyde Park in June, but can't go!

Next month will see Belle and Sebastian twice, and Elvis Costello (25 years too late) over the same weekend.

Will be first time to see B&S after many tragic near misses, including having an ex-girlfriend give my ticket to her new man. MY ticket! Anyone else with tales of gig-related woe?

Monsters of Rock has moved to Milton Keynes and headliners are oldies Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and Thunder supported by Queensryche, Journey and Nugent.

But the Monster of Jock is heading with his tent, his kilt, his carry out and head banging mates to the beloved Donnington fer the weekend after to savour the delights of Guns and Roses, Mettalica, Prodigy, Killing Joke, Alice in Chains and the excellent Tool.

I got six stitches in ma chin last time when I fell aff the top of a human pyramid. I fink it may have been summat to do wiv the home made Mushroom soup, The oldest swinger in town is getting feckin smashed.

New Tool album out this week. They're a fantastic band. Never seen them live though. And I can't watch Deep Purple without Ritchie Blackmore or Jon Lord in the line-up! I'm going to see the incredible Junior Brown in June. He's the best live musician I've ever seen. He doesn't tour in Europe though unfortunately.

Guest B_K

Fatboy slim Dores Beach :D :) :D :twisted:

Alredy planned how to smuggle my alcohol in

1. bury it a week before or

2.hot water bottle strapped to my waist full of vod and speed

I plan on using my stomach to carry the alcohol :mrgreen:

Guest Caley83

B_K will walk in wasted at 12 pm :D :D with a stomach full o drink!???

:P :oops: :roll: :cry::oops::oops: :shock: :roll: :roll:

Run out?

**** paying £3.50 fo a half pint of pale ale!!!

Unfortunately I have a super tolerence tae the drink!!!!!!!

Guest Von

Already seen Skin twice this year at King Tuts in Glasgow..... top gig !!!!

Little Britain 2 months ago, not music but a great show.

I've got Whitesnake in Glasgow in June and to top it all off E.L.O. in Edinburgh......omg, I think it's this month. Better check tickets !

you missed one out the edinburgh ghostfest festival

will be going to it

will be doing

real mary kings close

edinburgh underground vaults

covenanters prison greyfriars graveyard

most off them start at 12am to 6am

:001: :001: :003: :003: :001: :001:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of those bands who have become a bit mixed up over the years. Formed 1967 with Les Holroyd, Mel Pritchard, John Lees and Stuart (Woolly) Wolstenholme. In 79 Wooly decided he'd had enough so band became a threesome. 98 they decided to split to pursue solo careers. John Lees produced an album called Nexus with the help of Woolly, Craig Fletcher and Kevin Whitehead. They called themselves BJH through the eyes of John Lees.

In the meantime Les Holroyd and Mel Pritchard produced an album entitled Revolution Days. They called themselves Barclay James Harvey featuring Les Holroyd. They done a few gigs in europe before Mel died of a heart attack in 04.

I believe the band you guys seen is ' John Lees BJH'.

Bet your all impressed by that. :003:

Me and Mrs Dmacca are going to the Memorial stadium the home of Bristol Rovers & Bristol rugby club tonight to celebrate our 12 wedding anniversary to see an Elvis impersonator, locally known as the **** from Wick.....and i cant wait!!!!

Her a big E fan sometimes guys you gotta suffer for love.

• 2 weeks later...