FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

£600,000

Guest neksor

Guest neksor

How did the Supporters Trust manage to raise £600k to pay off the loan from Highland Council?

Perhaps it really was our benefactor!

Neksor

If you'd been listening to the BBC yesterday morning you would have heard that Tullochs provided the 600K to give to the Council, thus doubling what's owed to them for the upgrading project to £1.2 million.

Also, it was actually the Inverness Caldonian Thistle Trust, the body which owns the Stadium, which was involved here, not the Supporters' Trust which is a different organisation.

:015: :015:

I think the supporter's trust have done well to date, but that would really be an amazing amount of money to raise.  :006: :006:

Easy mistake though as they do talk of the ICT trust which is a bit confusing.  :003:

The Council needed the money to bail out the Eden Court renovation project which was in big time doodoo (still is), and I am sure David Sutherland's "act of generosity" will bode well when it comes to upcoming decisions on certain development projects.

Cynical....me...never  :015:

CaleyD the ICT money goes back into the Common Good Fund. Eden Court's money will come from a different source so £600k = £600k is a bit of an illusion and fair game for conspiracy theories.

Just a coincidence then, that the £600,000 was paid back 19 years early (or whatever the loan period was) at exactly the same time as Eden Court were crying out for £600,000.

If you'd been listening to the BBC yesterday morning you would have heard that Tullochs provided the 600K to give to the Council, thus doubling what's owed to them for the upgrading project to £1.2 million.

Also, it was actually the Inverness Caldonian Thistle Trust, the body which owns the Stadium, which was involved here, not the Supporters' Trust which is a different organisation.

I was listening out for it but fell asleep, must be something with the BBC and people falling asleep, I've even heard some of their Journalists have been known to have 40 winks when they are meant to be reporting at the games.

I read the story online and got the impression that it was paid back early to allow the council to consider giving Eden Court the money. Unfortunately, the money the council would be giving Eden Court wouldnt come from the same place (CGF) so nice gesture though it was, it didnt help the theatre. However, I am sure someone else will now benefit from the early repayment of this loan ......

very cynical CD - dont think the new head of HIAL needs to grease palms in that way as he tends to 'do the right thing' quite naturally and has shown this time and time again (sometimes without publicity). Although I am sure he will not object if people have a better opinion of him and therefore give him less grief in the planning department !!!!

Kipper... touche! I am not going to live that one down in a hurry but for the record I WASN'T reporting on that particular friendly v Blackpool, I was only there for a pre season nose around! However I do freely admit that I fell asleep during half time and only woke at the shout for a goal at about 51 minutes.

To my credit, I did manage to stay awake for the entire duration of one particularly notorious Inverness Cup Final between ICT and Clach at the stadium about 8 years ago so my conscience is clear.

Facts:-

1.  Eden Court need £600,000

2.  Highland Council don't have £600,000

3.  David Sutherland pays back £600,000 (buying the ICT debt)

4.  Common Good Fund offer up £600,000 to Eden Court

5.  Decision is made to use money from Common Good Fund

6.  Highland Council now have £600,000 sitting in the bank

Everyone's happy...

- Eden Court have their money and a lot of egg is diverted from the faces of some pretty powerful people

- Same powerful people have some money in the kitty (saving themselves having to explain an overspend if I am informed correctly).

- ICT no longer have repayments on a £600,000 loan

- David Sutherland has made a "nice" gesture which makes him look good at a time when he is receiving some bad press (and due even more) in connection with a "certain" development which has already been blocked once and stands to net him far far more than the £600,000 in question.

I may hate the "political game" but that doesn't mean I don't know how it's played!!!

Facts:-

1.  Eden Court need £600,000

2.  Highland Council don't have £600,000

3.  David Sutherland pays back £600,000 (buying the ICT debt)

4.  Common Good Fund offer up £600,000 to Eden Court

5.  Decision is made to use money from Common Good Fund

6.  Highland Council now have £600,000 sitting in the bank

Everyone's happy...

- Eden Court have their money and a lot of egg is diverted from the faces of some pretty powerful people

- Same powerful people have some money in the kitty (saving themselves having to explain an overspend if I am informed correctly).

- ICT no longer have repayments on a £600,000 loan

- David Sutherland has made a "nice" gesture which makes him look good at a time when he is receiving some bad press (and due even more) in connection with a "certain" development which has already been blocked once and stands to net him far far more than the £600,000 in question.

I may hate the "political game" but that doesn't mean I don't know how it's played!!!

Don't think you are too far away from the truth CaleyD.  :023: