FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Queens Park v ICTFC

tm4tj

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Waited until we had put away four goals before making the subs.  

A lesson learned from last week, I think - don't disrupt the team if they're playing well.

Maybe it was the instructions took a long time to get from Duncs lofty perch after he was red carded 

Screenshot_20231209_203007_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f9918a447d2890abc7b9a529dfb5287e.jpg

Away days for me are always on the east side of the country as I have family there.

yesterday decided to travel on the supporters bus for the first time for a league game.

great experience.  as a “stranger”, found the people very friendly, the craic was good, and the quiz on the way home was great entertainment.

well done to all who run this smooth operation.

when buying my tickets on queens park website  there was an invite to away fans to use their city ground bar. The first 50 free pies drew me in. Pint + iron bru + pie( I got number 48 as there were 3 pies remaining) £5.60. Great value considering a pie at Hampden was £4.50.

oh and bye the way watching a very good performance from the team, and seeing Wotherspoon goal, build up and execution, was the icing on the cake. In real time it was a thing of beauty.

• Like 9
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, bishbashbosh said:

Away days for me are always on the east side of the country as I have family there.

yesterday decided to travel on the supporters bus for the first time for a league game.

great experience.  as a “stranger”, found the people very friendly, the craic was good, and the quiz on the way home was great entertainment.

well done to all who run this smooth operation.

when buying my tickets on queens park website  there was an invite to away fans to use their city ground bar. The first 50 free pies drew me in. Pint + iron bru + pie( I got number 48 as there were 3 pies remaining) £5.60. Great value considering a pie at Hampden was £4.50.

oh and bye the way watching a very good performance from the team, and seeing Wotherspoon goal, build up and execution, was the icing on the cake. In real time it was a thing of beauty.

Thank you so much for your kind words .Glad you enjoyed travelling with the Travel Club and hope you will soon be able to join us again .Our resident Quiz Master does a sterling job .He brings laughter and light to all our journeys regardless of results . Although yesterday we had a lot to smile about .Great day .MORTON we’re coming to get you .

• Like 4
  • Well Said 2

Imagine if in the summer someone had told you that the recipients of our three red cards before Christmas would be Billy Dodds, Harry Lodovica and Duncan Ferguson(!).....  

I'd second bishbashbosh's comments re the travel club organisers and regulars.  As a comparative newbie I travelled on the bus to Arbroath and Dunfermline this season and was made to feel very welcome and had two brilliant days out.  

Maybe they'll need another bus soon .... 😬

Edited by robbo1985
  • Like 4

Well, that was fun. Haven't seen us score 4 since Gayfield in January. Should have been much more - Billy's offside was extremely tight. Feared the worst when they scored after a comfortable 10 minutes for us. This is a team that absolutely schooled us last season - remember the 81% possession at Ochilview.
The renowned Guinness drinker beside me was berating Devine at the goal but Cammy really shouldn't have allowed the cross to go in, and after that it was a bit like bagatelle. Cammy really adds value going forward but he's weak as a fullback. You could maybe say the opposite about Duffy on the other side, or you could just say punt him. We need Carson back pronto.
I would probably pick Charlie Gilmour as MoM. Great how he's grown into it after a less than glittering career. Never even got booked this week.
Hope Dundee aren't in a hurry to get Anderson back either. A great partnership. I've always been a big Sean Welsh fan but as everybody knows he's made of chocolate so he might struggle for game time (no change then). 
The back three is fairly settled now and Niko is a great signing. Expect Uncle Roy or similar to come sniffing to spoil it for us.
The goals were quality especially the third. Spoony and Billy's legs may have a combined age of about 150 but they partner up well.
Harry came on but looked like a supporter who had won a competition. Longstaff and Brooks could have a future though.

Plus points: was staying a couple of nights at the Crowne Plaza near the SEC for the Hoolie at the Hydro. Got tipped off that ICT were stopping there for lunch so got a selfie with #bigdunc. He's big all right.
Minus points:
1) Glasgow rain. My first trip to Hampden since the Georgia game but not quite as biblical.
2) Driving back to the hotel, got stuck at a red light at the Squinty Bridge for about 10 mins while literally dozens of Rangers buses were passing through from the Govan Road.
3) QPFC catering prices = same as Scotland matches.
4) The 'stone baked' pizzas at the SEC are howling.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic