Supporters Trust Relegation Statement

Following Saturday's match, the Supporters Trust issued a statement, which has bene picked up by the local media. It was shared with our membership at the weekend.

In case you have not seen it, follow this link:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/post/relegation-statement

We would like to thank everyone who has messaged us to show their support since the match, and we welcome the many new members who have joined us since Saturday.

Members of the Trust Board have been busy since Saturday. The Board met on Sunday, and will meet again once we have feedback from the club's Board Meeting last night.

If you are not a member of the Trust, please consider joining us. Details are here:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/join-us

We are also grateful for the support that has been shown for our Stronger Together initiative, and details of it are here:

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/stronger-together

Thank you again for all the support you have shown to the Supporters Trust. We will continue to work on behalf of our growing membership.

• Like 3
  • Well Said 2
  • Facepalm 1

• Robert pinned and featured this topic

Understandable.  But if there are not any significant changes at the top of the club, do you think you will get any co-operation in the future?

(Yes, I know - you don't get any now.)

I'd have said "the club now needs change" instead of "we now demand change".  Less personal.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

Tail trying to wag the dog ?

I personally, could not demand anything from people keeping the club afloat when I am not contributing to that challenge myself.

Supporters Trust is a significant shareholder though.

• Well Said 1

6 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Supporters Trust is a significant shareholder though.

Other significant shareholders whilst not on board have been quite compliant with status quo over last few years.

5 minutes ago, Satan said:

Other significant shareholders whilst not on board have been quite compliant with status quo over last few years.

That might change soon..

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Understandable.  But if there are not any significant changes at the top of the club, do you think you will get any co-operation in the future?

(Yes, I know - you don't get any now.)

I'd have said "the club now needs change" instead of "we now demand change".  Less personal.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but we would all come up with different forms of wording.

The Trust deserves credit for getting a statement out in the immediate aftermath of Saturday’s disaster and for keeping its members updated.

Credit also to the Wyness Shuffle guys for their post about the situation and also showing their support for the work of the Trust.

All at a time when those running the club are conspicuous by their silence. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I thought about putting out a "statement" on behalf of CTO on Saturday but personally, I think that's counterproductive as the Trust statement kind of said it all. Personally, as a member of the Trust that's all I need. We have been around for 30 years here on CTO, and I think providing a platform for the users on here to express themselves independently, as well as the contents of many of our personal social media posts say it all without any press release.  Check my twitter feed @highlanderict if you are at all uncertain of my feelings.

In case anyone wants a statement on where we stand ... The CTO version is short and simple.  

1. We support the Trust statement and get behind it fully. 
  2. We ask that the club "Get Gardiner Gone"
  3. We ask that the club "Get Ferguson Gone"
  4. Lets get talking about how to rebuild from whatever shambles is left behind and with who at the helm, both on the field and off the field. We need good leadership in both areas.
  5. We also need immediate improvement in communication, fan representation as well as community and fan engagement.  Bring back #TogetherNESS

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

Tail trying to wag the dog ?

I personally, could not demand anything from people keeping the club afloat when I am not contributing to that challenge myself.

They would get more people contributing if they weren't so high and mighty. I'll not give the club a single penny more until Gardiner is gone. I didn't buy a season ticket for that very reason. Others have done the same. There are plenty who have been contributing but have seen one cluster f&%k after another and all going back to Gardiner. Every single supporter who has bought season tickets, match tickets, shirts etc has contributed and quite rightly should have their say! Without support the club doesn't exist - worth remembering that the fans make the club not the other way around.

Edited by ClickbaitProponent
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

They would get more people contributing if they weren't so high and mighty. I'll not give the club a single penny more until Gardiner is gone. I didn't buy a season ticket for that very reason. Others have done the same. There are plenty who have been contributing but have seen one cluster f&%k after another and all going back to Gardiner. Every single supporter who has bought season tickets, match tickets, shirts etc has contributed and quite rightly should have their say! Without support the club doesn't exist - worth remembering that the fans make the club not the other way around.

This is so spot on! Seeing lots saying the same too 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can understand why so many are saying they are not going to be putting any more money into the club at this stage.  It is though, important for people to spend a modest fiver to join the Supporters Trust if they haven't already done so.  Whatever the outcome of the current crisis, it is crystal clear that the fans need a voice in the running of the club.  That voice needs to be loud and representative.  To be loud and representative, we need as many fans as possible to join the Trust to vote for those who put themselves forward for the Trust Board.  The more fans the Trust represents, the harder it will be to ignore us.

The money men on the Board have no right to control what happens at our club.   The purchase of a season ticket, club merchandise, car parking, a half time draw ticket, food and drink all add up.  Long standing fans will themselves also have put in thousands to the club over the years.  Many fans will have spent a similar proportion of their disposable income on the club as the Board's money men have.  In some cases, maybe more!  We have a right to demand change and to have our say in the running of our club.  

• Agree 5
  • Well Said 3

I think it would be good to poll members and fans on what action/s they want to see or are willing to support as a consequence of the club failing to meet demands.

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

• Robert unfeatured and unpinned this topic
On 5/23/2024 at 10:17 AM, STFU said:

I think it would be good to poll members and fans on what action/s they want to see or are willing to support as a consequence of the club failing to meet demands.

Agreed, and at the same time we need some sort of organised campaign along the lines of withdrawing ST renewals, to reverse the Kelty thing. I hope that anybody who was sceptical about the Supporters' Trust will swallow their pride and stump up their fiver.
On P&B we have traditionally got stick from supporters of other clubs previously in trouble, for being too passive and letting it get to this stage. We were well warned about Gardiner as he has been a toxic presence at his other clubs. The concert fiasco, in any other employment situation, would be a sacking offence.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

I did (quietly) join the trust a few weeks back.  Admittedly it was more out of nosiness and £5 to get any comms from them wasn't a big investment.

My hope is that they will now step up to the plate in a more direct manner as they're probably the last hope for fans.

3 hours ago, STFU said:

I did (quietly) join the trust a few weeks back. 

Jeez!  Things must be really bad!

Joking aside, I hope many more will join too.  Quietly or otherwise.  The Supporters Trust has to be the route through which the views of fans are heard.

Scot Gardiner used to tell me that the Supporters Trust would not have any credibility unless it had a membership of at least 20% of the number of Season Ticket holders.  The way things are going, the number of season ticket holders will be struggling to reach 20% of the number of Supporters Trust members.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Scot Gardiner used to tell me that the Supporters Trust would not have any credibility unless it had a membership of at least 20% of the number of Season Ticket holders.  The way things are going, the number of season ticket holders will be struggling to reach 20% of the number of Supporters Trust members.

The man is an @rse to even contemplate making a statement like that. Speaks volumes. So based on the figures mentioned elsewhere, once the ST reaches 300 members, or lets say 350 to be sure, then we are good? The petition is now approaching 400 signatures so may also be regarded as a relevant straw poll eventually. nahh, only joking, its not what they want to hear so they will ignore it. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The man is an @rse to even contemplate making a statement like that. Speaks volumes. So based on the figures mentioned elsewhere, once the ST reaches 300 members, or lets say 350 to be sure, then we are good? The petition is now approaching 400 signatures so may also be regarded as a relevant straw poll eventually. nahh, only joking, its not what they want to hear so they will ignore it. 

I'm sure they/he will. They've ignored the ST at every turn including the well presented match day survey. They stopped the 'fans forum' after 3 closed sessions. They lied through their teeth to Section 94 (do they still exist?). They've had an non existent SLO for years - where is he in all this now? As soon as they were were even mildly challenging of the club they blocked TWS podcast. 

After the call to unity a couple of days ago this is all the more farcical. 

Surely the board can't be this oblivious? Gardiner is a cancer at the club and absolutely nothing will improve until he slithers away. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1