Aaron Doran

I am sorry but I find it truly disgusting that Aaron, who has been with the club for 14 years, may have to fund his own operation because the club has cancelled the insurance it had to cover such eventualities. He hasn’t even had his testimonial match. Have the Board no shame? Just when I think the club can’t go any lower in my estimation. The club might be in financial difficulties but surely our successful directors have a conscience and a sense of moral duty towards a long time player who was injured on the playing field.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 6

• Scotty featured and pinned this topic

I said last night that those making decisions at the club should hang their heads in shame.

Today’s news about Aaron simply underlines that. I’m speechless at some of the actions they have taken in recent times.

Well done Shane, and it’s great to see the support being given to Aaron.

Its so sad that Shane felt the need to make this wonderful gesture.

I dread to think what tomorrow’s revelation will be. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Every day you think things can't get worse at ICT and every day your heart gets broken more. Unbelievable way to treat Aaron, one of the teams most loyal, talented and nicest players we have ever had. Just happily donated but it's heart breaking that this has to happen in the first place.

The board all get treated well between themselves but where's the same loyalty and decency when it comes to the the team, the players that have given us the memories, goals, games  and special days in our lives that I will never ever forget since I started supporting them back in 1996.

If we do survive this mess, Who would want to come and play here when they see how how a long term and loyal player like Aaron has been treated.

I can't imagine what a bad taste this will leave in the mouth for Aaron after all these years here but hopefully this will show how much he means to the fans at least.

😥

Edited by TheCaleyOne
Add on
  • Agree 3

It's ok though, we'll continue to pay Gardiner, Ferguson, Dodds and Robbo to the tune of five figures a week combined. 

Genuinely, when you think you've heard it all, I knew more would come out but not to this tune. 

If the club goes under, you wonder how the Supporters Trust would feel about stepping in to help Aaron. After all the fans and Trust members surely would back it given the additional backing, members and funds that have been taken in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Almost £4K of the £5K target raised in just a few hours, initiated by a former player because that’s his mate, and looking at the names of the donators, actioned by fans, colleagues and family.

That is what you call COMMUNITY and that’s the power that can be unleashed if those who should never darken our doors again don’t let it hit them on the way out. If everyone pulls together we can perhaps stop the club from flatlining… anything else, while perhaps looking inevitable or unavoidable must still be regarded as unthinkable. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Almost £4K of the £5K target raised in just a few hours, initiated by a former player because that’s his mate, and looking at the names of the donators, actioned by fans, colleagues and family.

That is what you call COMMUNITY and that’s the power that can be unleashed if those who should never darken our doors again don’t let it hit them on the way out. If everyone pulls together we can perhaps stop the club from flatlining… anything else, while perhaps looking inevitable or unavoidable must still be regarded as unthinkable. 

Almost at target now. Proud of us all and his fellow pros. 

• Well Said 1

Wow, target hit in less than a day!

It shows how the ICT community can rally round.

Hopefully we have a club to rally round in the new season, under leadership we can support. 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Now, we take the money, put it all on a horse at 3:40 from Kempton to come in at 10/1.  Save the club.

It would have a fair old chance, first race isn't away till 17:10 , mind you knowing our luck it would refuse,  even though it's a flat meeting 

22 minutes ago, Starscape said:

All the injuries come from work-related incidents. He was injured playing for his club. It's only correct that they cover his medical bills.

That would require integrity, morality, and human decency, which are traits that this board obviously do not possess. 

Most on the board are retired and I imagine don't give two hoots, while the other two are conspicuous by their silence.  I'm sure the mental gymnastics they have performed on all this has inured them to any feelings of shame or culpability. 

• Agree 1

Went out for a couple of hours this morning when it was about 20%. Now it's been reached, haven't contributed, but is there some use we could put extra funds to if some of us continue to chip in? Or just a wee nest egg for Aaron I suppose?

Edited by The Mantis

Question has to be asked, and again points to mismanagement,  as to why he kept getting contract renewals with a serious knee injury record🤔

Loyalty, or just inability to make a hard decision when it should have been taken?

As his influence (when fit) was in decline , to keep offering contracts for a high-risk individual probably wasn't the best (add it to the list) decision made with regards to playing staff.

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Went out for a couple of hours this morning when it was about 20%. Now it's been reached, haven't contributed, but is there some use we could put extra funds to if some of us continue to chip in? Or just a wee nest egg for Aaron I suppose?

Shane Sutherland on X said that £5,000 covers some of the surgery.  

According to a rudimentary search on Google just now, looks like £7,000 is common.  Shane also had follow up costs after his too, so I think the target was on the low side.

His X said if it exceeded costs it would go to charity. Also said Aaron is stunned by it all.