New kit 2024

Yngwie

26 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

No. New away kit release next week 

Hoping we get a modernised edition of the 94/95 kit. Only thing that feels like it'd make sense for an anniversary kit, given that we've already done the Thistle kit the other year and we've burned the chance to do a 94/95 throwback home kit

football_shirt_35962_1_409x500x1.jpg

I am never that bothered about the kit but after all that has been going on just want to see a full team playing in it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

You're never going to satisfy everyone's tastes when it comes to football shirts. For me it's kind of ok but why did they have to stand so close to the printer when the toner cartridge exploded? 

I've not bought a shirt in years (seasons) as I prefer the leisure / trainer wear in my old age. Still far too expensive for my pension (£50 -£53 for an adult shirt) so I might buy a biro when I'm next in the shop. :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

I'm not loving it but I think it may look ok on the park (from distance).  Up close it just looks very busy and distracting.  Hopefully it will have the same effect on the opposition...lol.

• Like 1

My son called it the Minecraft kit with all the blocky pixels. I think I would have to see it in person although I also tend to fall into the polo top or other leisurewear categories too. Looks nicer than the new Crystal Palace kit though!  Wow that one is really busy.

Gringo - it’s $190 over here for an official kit  (that’s about £110). Guess that’s the cost of having Adidas do all the strips for the league. Another good reason to buy more reasonably priced polos, t-shirts or unofficial/replica kits

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Gringo - it’s $190 over here for an official kit  (that’s about £110). Guess that’s the cost of having Adidas do all the strips for the league. Another good reason to buy more reasonably priced polos, t-shirts or unofficial/replica kits

You can get an England shirt for that 🤔🤣 but...seriously, £110 is extortionate. I guess most of that money is for import/postage. Ridiculous.

On 6/15/2024 at 5:29 PM, old caley girl said:

No. New away kit release next week 

SG is just finalising the correct shade of orange, one last act of defiance from a man who's on his way out.

Seriously though, I've never understood why teams would release home and away for the same season. Alternate it and keep a strip for two years.

A strips a strip in my eyes, like other middle aged posters on here, I much prefer training tops, polo's etc. 

12 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

SG is just finalising the correct shade of orange, one last act of defiance from a man who's on his way out.

Seriously though, I've never understood why teams would release home and away for the same season. Alternate it and keep a strip for two years.

A strips a strip in my eyes, like other middle aged posters on here, I much prefer training tops, polo's etc. 

We used to do it alternative years but if memory serves since moving to Puma it's been 2 new strips every season. I presume to make more money. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Fraz said:

We used to do it alternative years but if memory serves since moving to Puma it's been 2 new strips every season. I presume to make more money. 

In my head, a strip a season alternating makes more money. Who has enough money to buy two a season these days? Where's a new one every season fans are more accepting.

Reverse economics in a way.

Like you say though, it'll be driven by the manufacturer and likely a term of their contract.

• Agree 3

18 hours ago, Gringo said:

You can get an England shirt for that 🤔🤣 but...seriously, £110 is extortionate. I guess most of that money is for import/postage. Ridiculous.

Not imported. This is the cost off the shelf in the club shop as well as the Adidas store and anywhere else like Sportchek (think JJB or similar). You can pick up ‘replica’ kits (same kit but no official branding for league like a real player shirt) for about $115 which incidentally is the same cost as an official Scotland shirt in that same Sportchek store. Unfortunately didn’t have my size though 😞 

• Sad 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:31 AM, ICTPaisley said:

I’ve just had a nosey and think it’s a belter with the eagle all the way through the design 

IMG_5564.jpeg

I must say as a Palace fan I love the new kit, and what a team we have if we can keep hold of them all [ the end of the season was as fab as it was a bit ***** for Caley], maybe we can emulate Caley and finally qualify for Europe!

I rather like the new ICT home kit and after the disappointment of relegation, and a terribly unsettled close season, I am strangely excited by the new season coming up...who knows what team we will put out! 

I am waiting for that fixture list to come out so I can plot my trip up to Annan Athletic!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

IMG_6509.thumb.jpeg.634390fa0df471837844626d8f9059e2.jpegOn an unrelated note I had bought this car hanger ICT strip in 2008/9. The hangar failed a couple of years ago but my 3 year old daughter has found a good use for the strip! I might have influenced / helped out…

Looks like David Raven wearing lipstick 😀💋

• Funny 3

15 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Our car hanger strip is still going strong hanging in the front window of our caravan 'the Caley Palais', alongside the ICT mini scarf window decoration. Long live ICT.:ictscarf:

They are good things aren’t they? Would love a historical strip hangar again, maybe the first strip or the 2000 one! 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:08 AM, Yngwie said:

Now revealed. A lot more ‘adventurous’ than I was expecting after seeing the teaser above. Presumably it’s a throwback to Caley and Thistle colours for our 30th anniversary.

IMG_0081.jpeg

Wow absolutely horrific blue red and black look just don’t merge well with each other. 

What the club should have done would have let all the primary schools in Inverness let the kids design the new kit but then again that means communicating with the fan base and the wider community. 

That kit just epitomises the shambles that is ICTFC.

Dougal

• Funny 1