FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to go Mr Smith

Mee

After being invited to take part in the singing section, and wanting to do anything I can to improve the atmosphere at home games and support my team, I am totally appalled by the treatment of fans who sat in this section. To throw well behaved fans out for nothing more than standing, when there were clutches of fans standing at the back of most sections of the North Stand and about 3 whole sections of Pars fans standing in the South Stand for most of the match with no stewards anywhere near them.

When we spoke to the stewards and the police they both indicated that Mike Smith as Match Commander was issuing the instructions, so Mike Smith, as Match Commander should issue a public apology for getting it so wrong. Your position does not exist so you can arrogantly boss us about Mr Smith, it exists so you can serve the club and take it forward, and this means taking the fans with you, not alienating us! I am really struggling to come up with anything positive you have done in your time at our club and I really think it is in our best interests if you resign and let someone who is up to the job take over.

I suggest that as well as posting here, or on the stewarding thread, everyone who was in the singing section and witnessed todays events writes to the Supporter's Trust info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk stating exactly what they saw and their feelings on the matter. As the singing section is essentially a Trust initiative, it is up to them to liase with the club to get this sorted out. I personally saw about 7 or 8 folk thrown out, NONE of whom were being abusive or threatening, they just wanted to support their team. Alternatively PM LG or DJS, Maimie or Les Kidger or any of the Trust board members who have aliases on this site. Can't let this madman do any more damage!

My lengthy email is already under construction, let's hope Mr Smith is as far on with his resignation letter.

You already know my thoughts on this subject, I would like to know the definitve answer from the club/chief exec.  Who is to blame for this shambles, and surely it is not the fans, we only tried to lighten up an otherwise dull afternoon.

Can the real perpetrator step forward.

Wasn't at the game today and rarely attend home games so can't really comment. This sounds like a disgrace through and the club should be looking to appoint a Chief-Ex who actually has the clubs interests at heart, as it's blatantly obvious Mr Smith hasn't.

Alan Savage

You launched the frozen season ticket prices press release this week with aplomb.  Please now show your true loyalty to our fans by taking appropriate action. The atmosphere today was fantastic and definitely lifted the players. So often we seem to see our own supporters discriminated against. The club need supporters and the singing section was a fantastic breakthrough for the true supporters. Why was it spoiled?

Why does'nt EVERYONE who feels aggrieved by this, ALL bombard the official site with emails with a pre determined (possibly decided on here) message demanding an explanation and appology? You know wat i mean....one literate, well learned individual posts a well put together case, then those who wish can cut and paste it into an email, then send it to the club. Surely they could not ignore that?

Well here's my email, (I used a fair bit of my first post on this thread)

I was part of the singing section at Saturdays game, by invitation from the Supporters Trust, and wanting to do anything I can to improve the atmosphere at home games and support my team, I am totally appalled by the treatment of fans who sat in this section. To throw well behaved fans out for nothing more than standing, when there were clutches of fans standing at the back of most sections of the North Stand and about 3 whole sections of Pars fans standing in the South Stand for most of the match with no stewards anywhere near them.

The first young man was removed for merely asking why he was being removed! The next two seemed to be ejected for pointing out there were about 1000 Pars fans standing up with no one telling them to sit down. There were at least another three ejections I saw involving young male supporters but I wasn't close enough to hear why. The ejection of a kilted gentleman, standing just along from me was a complete mystery, and he didn't even protest as the steward singled him out. None of these fans behaved abusively or obscenely, they were all there to sing and support their team, they weren't blocking anyone's view, there was no danger to public safety. Yet these supporters were removed from a match which they had paid good money to see, and in some cases were manhandled by the stewards removing them. Why were the stewards removing them anyway, I thought only the Police had that power?

When we spoke to the stewards and the Police they both indicated that Mike Smith as Match Commander was issuing the instructions. One female steward even said that they were a bit mystified as to why they were having to remove people who weren't causing any trouble!

I see this as the Trust's responsibility to sort out, you put out the call for more vocal support, the club provided an area so those who wanted to be involved would know where to go and those who didn't would know where to avoid. We sat / stood through torrential rain to sing for our team, and it was obvious from the players and manager's reactions to us that they appreciated our efforts, both during the game and afterwards. And yet one man was given the power to pinpoint the choirmasters and have them thrown out. What was the point of having the singing section in the first place? So some of the club's most dedicated fans could be publicly humiliated? To put off the younger, more enthusiastic supporters from coming to matches? Its a PR disaster for Caley Thistle and I really feel Mr Smith should resign or be sacked as it is obvious he has not got the best interests of the club at heart. I will not be attending home games again until he has left the club, I don't want my entrance money paying the wages of someone so consistently incompetent. Its not an empty threat, as the atmosphere is far better when we're the away support anyway, a point that was not lost on those who went to the trouble of setting up the singing section, and proved by the first 20 minutes or so of today's match.