FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Meeting and Forum

maimie

The Supporter's Trust are holding their half yearly meeting in the Caley Club on Thursday night 24 May 2007 at 7.30pm.

As usual we will be having a forum which should be very interesting this year with one of the participants being a member of the SPL's disciplinary board.  The trust board will bring you up to date with what's been happening this year so far and events in the pipeline.

All members welcome and bring a friend.

That's not the purpose of this meeting, altough I would be very surprised if it wasn't mentioned.  We try to do this half way through the year to keep members up to date with what's happening within the Trust, and what plans are in place for the next few months.  Of course one of the things we have done is co-ordinate the singing section.  We have a forum organised, which should be entertaining as well as very educational.  I'm not sure why we haven't advertised who is on the panel, and whether or not this is deliberate, but it should be a good night.  In the past these meetings were for members only, but on this occasion guests are welcome.

There will be a meeting very soon, specifically to deal with the issues surrounding the events at the Dunfermline game.  There will be another announcement with a date and time very soon, so check www.ictsupporterstrust.co.uk and of course we will post a copy on this forum.

Guest ictdave

ok wos just wondering because my said there was a meeting about the singing section and didnt know when it was.  Thanks

Thank you to everyone who turned up for this meeting tonight. DJS gave a brief outline of the events the Trust has organised over the last 6 months, and also a liitle insight as to what the next few months might hold.  We were then joined by our guests Bobby Wilson and Charles Bannerman for our football forum.  Both of these guys have a great knowlege of football and had plenty to contribute.  A special thank you to them for giving up their time to come along. :clapping03: :clapping03:

Mrs P.... I'm sure you'll agree that "that other member of the panel" (L_G for the benefit of those who weren't there) created the best moment of the evening, right at the end.

Again for the benefit of those who weren't there, I'll recount the tale since it's well worth telling.

Laura somehow got wind of the fact that Bobby, while manager of Ross County and still in the Highland League, had decided to put Barry on the bench for one particular Qualifying Cup final against Pele's Huntly (it was actually the 93/94 final in County's last Highland League season) and asked Bobby if he would give us a first hand account, which Bobby did wonderfully.

Barry was still living at home so Bobby went into his bedroom on the morning of the final to break the news. This is the dialogoue which Bobby recounted.

"Barry, I've got good and bad news for you... the good news is that we're in the final, the bad news is that you're on the bench."

"The bench! What do you mean I'm only on the bench?"

"Well son, Huntly have a couple of very big defenders there and I do feel that the best place for you is on the bench today."

"MUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!......"

As it happened, County picked up a couple of early injuries and Barry found himself on before half time and county went on to beat Huntly 2-1. Jessie's reaction is not recorded!

PS - thoroughly enjoyed the evening.