FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-Season/Testimonial @ Inverurie Locos

RossP

Alas I won't make today's game, but thought i'd start a dedicated thread for those who are at the match to report back.

Hopefully this'll be the chance for Niculae to start, along with Black. Perhaps Marsh along with another trialist??

My team would be....

----------------------------Ridgers------------------------------

Marsh--------------Duff------------Munro---------------A.McDonald

Sutherland---------Black------------Niculae-------------Morgan

--------------------Wyness---------McCallister-----------------

I'll be popping along. Pretty poor weather for it. I like Inveruries ground. In fact I like going to all of these so called "smaller teams" grounds. Makes you miss the days of terracing.

Forgot about Paatelainen, glad he's playing. Not the biggest fan of McBain, perhaps he can prove me wrong with a wonder display  :tic01:

Wood and Wyness up front.... No Rory  :024: Could this be a sign that he's off somewhere on loan for 6 months to a year

Ross P, I have to say that I thought that Roy had an excellent game against Elgin.  His fitness was really good, he seemed to play all over the park as he can do when required.

As for Rory, I suspect he has the talent hidden away there somewhere, but he just needs to mature as a person, he's far too busy worrying about what he looks like and sorting his hair to even notice where the ball is, which is why it seems to come as a surprise to him to find he's standing in front of goal with the ball at his feet.  By the time he's sorted his hair and made sure every one is watching, the goalie has collected the ball and taken the kick out.  :rotflmao:  A season on loan might do the trick.  :015:

I thought Roy was ok against Elgin. Lots of running, but on such a small pitch that wasn't hard. Passing was a bit loose and too often he was playing long balls instead of the simple pass. I keep thinking this will be the season he'll feel confident to use his right foot more, doubt i'll be correct with that guess though :tic01:

Perhaps its because i've never been a big fan of him, and have been annoyed at how he seemed to be first name on the team sheet with performances of 1 good game in 15. I have a similar distain for Duncan. They seemed to be a first choice midfield, despite neither offering an attacking threat (I remember about 4 goals between them in 2 seasons!) Whereas Paatelainen, Hart, Black have all provided goals or assists consistently, but been in and out of the team (Black partly for suspensions obviously).

do do do do----------Dennis Wyness

do do do do----------Dennis Wyness :021:

A tiny shuffle, then a right footed shot rising into the top right hand corner past the despairing keeper :021:

Rory just scored, strong run through the middle from Hart who passed the ball left to Rory, who slotted into the open goal

I thought Roy was ok against Elgin. Lots of running, but on such a small pitch that wasn't hard. Passing was a bit loose and too often he was playing long balls instead of the simple pass. I keep thinking this will be the season he'll feel confident to use his right foot more, doubt i'll be correct with that guess though :tic01:

Perhaps its because i've never been a big fan of him, and have been annoyed at how he seemed to be first name on the team sheet with performances of 1 good game in 15. I have a similar distain for Duncan. They seemed to be a first choice midfield, despite neither offering an attacking threat (I remember about 4 goals between them in 2 seasons!) Whereas Paatelainen, Hart, Black have all provided goals or assists consistently, but been in and out of the team (Black partly for suspensions obviously).

thought roy was one of our best players last season personally. don't think i seen him have 1 bad game let alone 1 good one in 15. shows how difficult the managers job is though when you see such a varied opinion from supporters on all players though.

Starting lineup was:

Ridgers

Tokely Duff Munro Morgan

Sutherland Hart McBain Paataleinen

Wyness McAllister

Subs: Wood on for Wyness, Vigurs on for Hart and A. Youngster on for Duff

Sorry Noddy - typo from me. It was indeed 5 - 2  :cute01:

Inverurie scored quite early on I just took longer to text you about it. Can't mind their goal but between them scoring their 1st and 2nd all they really did was hit the post. Any other threat we easily contained.

Xander was looking lively in the first half and was giving the Inverurie left back a torrid time. On the other side Marcus wasn't quite so effective at getting past his man, often turning back looking for help from a decent looking Morgan who was overlapping frequently and defending well when he needed to at left back.

Hart was looking strong in the midfield also as he chased and harried Inverurie players down. Up front Wyness was poor, rarely looking interested and Rorys famous inability to control the ball was still getting the better of him.

Munro was subject of  a strong challenge which saw him receive lengthy treatment but he was able to continue. A superb save by Paul Jarvie (yes you read that right!) denied Rory. A fantastic cross by Morgan was met by MacAllister and his strong header was clawed away by the keeper. Somehow Wyness headed wide with the goal gaping.

ICT equalised with a strong header from Marcus. He out muscled his marker and rose highest to power past the keeper. With ICT in the ascendancy they looked to build on their lead and a scramble in the Inverurie goal mouth saw Rory pass up another chance with a fresh air swipe. But the 2nd goal soon came. Wyness collected the ball just outside the box, shimmied to his left then dragged back to his right and unleashed a ferocious drive that rose high into the top corner of the net past the despairing Jarvie. Interestingly the goal was given to Roy McBain who had been in the centre circle at the time in case Locos broke  :015:

Inveruries only other shot of note int he 1st half came when a shot from a free kick rattled off the post with ICT players looking on.

Into the 2nd half and it was getting even more one sided if that was possible. A third goal came when Hart collected a loose ball in midfield and drove through the middle of the park, Beating 3 defenders on his route to goal he was incredibly unselfish in passing to Rory who was unmarked and fired into the empty net with Jarvie already committed.

Xander and Tokely were proving to be problems down the right fro Inverurie who were often standing off the two allowing them time to send in some good crosses that Inverurie often had trouble dealing with. Hart was still allowed to get forward at every opportunity and I did at times wonder if he was being played behind the front two.

Wyness showed great finishing as he scored ICTs 4th goal. Released by a clever ball just to the right of goal he drove forward and, while under pressure, sent in a shot back across goal into the bottom of the net. Locos got a goal back with a fine strike by *insert name here someone?*. In a style similar to Wyness but without the Shuffle and from a greater distance he sent a screamer past Ridgers that drew applause from everyone in the ground.

ICT quickly re-established their 3 goal cushion right from kick off. Direct running from Wood saw him burst past some timid Locos players before he accurately dispatched his shot low past the diving keeper.

Another easy win for us and it was more comfortable than the scoreline suggests.

Some photos from the game:

1) Xander warms up (1st Half)

2) Danger in the Locos box.

3) Morgan tries to cut out a through ball to the Locos forward (1st Half)

4) Morgan retains possession (1st Half)

5) Locos free kick heading goalwards...(1st Half)

6)...but it cracks off the post (1st Half)

And some more:

1) Xander clips a ball through to Hart (2nd Half)

2) Wyness waits patiently for the ball to reach him (2nd Half)

3) Rory and ? (2nd Half)

4) Wyness takes the plaudits (2nd Half)

5) Locos clear and Inverness cross ball (1st Half)

6) Marcus (1st Half)