FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ST MIRREN V ICT

Scotty

I think our performance merited a win but once again there are no excuses for the way we defended.  2 horrible defensive lapses, for the first Tokely completely misjudged the cross and Fraser fell over instead of attempting to save the ball.  2nd, the cross should have been shut out by Hastings but what the **** was Caff doing?

The team were well on top of St Mirren but after they scored against the run of play we took a while to get our composure back.  They're second goal was an absolute gift but was glad to see us get straight back at them, cracking goal, Niculae again showed his class and Cowie bust a gut to get in the box. With the amount of pressure we put on them we deserved at least a point and when CC took off Hastings and replaced him with Wilson I turned to my mate and said it was either extremely stupid or a master stroke and although we didn't manage to get what we deserved from the game we dominated possession in the second half.

DavieB I don't know if he is family or you are infact Stuart McCaffery but defending like that is inexcusable,  he did alright for the majority of the game but he was playing against 2 5ft attackers and even at times still looked uncomfortable in the air, he just gave up in marking for the second goal.

Fraser  :003: :003: :003:

Fell on his *** for the first and seemed a bit hesitant to come off his line but still looks comfortable in the air and kicking

Tokely  :003: :003: :003:

As usual was getting a hard time from the crowd but dealt with it well until his feck up for the 1st goal but coming forward he played some excellent passes to the front pair

Hastings  :003: :003:

2 games now and I've not been impressed, dunno if he is still recovering from Copa America but just doesn't seem to be at the races

Munro  :003: :003: :003:

Decent game and whatever was going on last week seems to be sorted, only criticism is his passing, he was far to eager to smash he ball upfront.

Caff  :003: :003:

Much better than last week but then he lost concentration

Duncan  :003: :003: :003: :003:

he is the jelly in the ICT sandwich

Black  :003: :003:  :003:

He just doesn't know where to put himself on the park, he just chases the ball about and leaves the centre of the park vacant.  When he gets the ball at his feet he's impressive but needs to learn the other aspects of the game

Rankin  :003: :003: :003:

Was quiet in the first half but came into the game as it went on and put in a shift as wingback

Cowie  :003: :003: :003: :003:

comes inside a bit too much but was always positive and looking to go forward.. could be an excellent signing

Niculae  :003: :003: :003:

Brings intelligence to the frontline but trys to be a bit too clever at times, great ball for the goal and held up the play well but needs to start scoring

Bayne  :003: :003: :003:

Worked hard, had a couple of half chances but didn't really click with Niculae

Subs

Wilson  :003: :003: :003:

Excellent, should start next week

Wyness  :003:

That's a sympathy smiley because he really did hee haw when he came on the park apart from lose the ball

If we are going to survive this division we need to either start scoring or defend well and at the moment we're doing neither. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duncan  :003: :003: :003: :003:

he is the jelly in the ICT sandwich

IHE will be along in a minute to tell you to lay off the jellies.

I described Russeldinho as the glue that holds ICT together the other week and he told me that's what I must have been sniffing  :001:

I think you must have subliminally absorbed my description of Duncan but nice to see it's not a prawn sandwich anyway.....

ps I missed the game but had a sighting of the ICT team bus passing Killiekrankie at 7.35 pm as I was heading south from the Ullapool ferry yesterday.

C'mon guys, let's not mention the Relegation word so soon...how many games into the season?!  (talking of earlier posts).  We all know damned fine that there are enough trully abmismal teams who'll be below us on the table soon enough.  We'l be in a perfectly respectable position soon.

Of course it's a ****** start to the season - hands up who's not disappointed so far in our results - but we know (hope??) that CC and the team will turn things round.   :021:

Thought it was Hastings who was watching the ball roll out for a goal kick. Munro thought so as well and was strolling towards the box and Caff was left jogging towards the box, only for Kean to reach the ball and cross for the striker to score. Hastings the big culprit for me. Tokely for the first, mis-judged the long ball over his head.