FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan

davieB

He went through a spell last season of almost never giving the ball away: I thought aliens had lifted the real RD, the change was that dramatic. I don't know whether it's a communication thing or whether he just reads the game badly, but he can pass. He just doesn't do it often.

Why we still have this diddy is a complete mystery to me.  In fact I hope Brewster has a cull of all our diddies including: Duncan, McCaffrey, McBain, McAllister and finally the bottom of the barrell, Fraser. 

Why we still have this diddy is a complete mystery to me.  In fact I hope Brewster has a cull of all our diddies including: Duncan, McCaffrey, McBain, McAllister and finally the bottom of the barrell, Fraser. 

He's a good holding midfielder, and with Brew coming back I wouldn't expect to see him shown the door any time soon for precisely that reason. The only one of your targets I agree on is Rory - apart from one performance against Cellic last season I can't see anything I like there and it baffles me how he's got a Scotland U21 place. Then again, Bayne was absolute pants for a long while and now looks the real article, so maybe there's something in the lad.

Why we still have this diddy is a complete mystery to me. 

This "Diddy" scored a spectacular goal (that some strikers would love to score) out of nothing that knocked Dundee United out of the Scottish Cup last season, He's obviously got the talent when he can produce it, That is why we still have him.

I saw "diddy" shouting at the Main Stand during the 2nd half. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but it looked like he was being critical over the lack of vocal support. If so, he's got a flaming cheek as he was one of the major reasons why the fans were so p1ssed off and quiet.

Missed the game today, and apart from the result it's just as well. My mate Dougie was going up. He only got to Ballinluig by 1.30 and turned back.

Anyway, they should put one of those playercams on Russell. He gets through a feckin unbelievable amount of work. But you're right. He can't pass.

But you're right. He can't pass.

He usually doesn't pass accurately. You cannot say (well, yes, of course you can, but you'll be wrong)  that for a golden spell last season Russell didn't pass at least competently. On occasion he came close to the Liam Keogh that could have been. What dismays me is that he can go through a purple patch in passing terms and then start giving the ball away again. Someone on the coaching staff needs to take the guy in hand - if you've done it once you can do it again

For all those giving Duncan a hard time did you fail to notice Black was pretty ineffective today as well?

Agreed, both were dire. Black's shooting was absolute bollox. Hart must start against Hibs.

For all those giving Duncan a hard time did you fail to notice Black was pretty ineffective today as well?

Agreed, both were dire. Black's shooting was absolute bollox. Hart must start against Hibs.

Will Hart play for ICT again?

Russell did indeed launch a verbal tirade at the main stand, in reply to some numpty giving him some real personal abuse. Do these clowns not realise what the word"supporter" means?

Russell was out of order replying in such a way, but so was the so called supporter sitting in the main stand, not far from the away dugout, shouting abuse at a player who was clearly frustrated at how the game was going.

If Russell could pass he'd be one **** of a player.

Unfortunately....he can't :007:

I was starting to think the same thing about Cowie yesterday.  Looked the part up until playing that telling final ball.  Too high, too long, too wide.....

Russel is one of those players who you dont notice, but trust me you'll miss him when hes gone.

Interestingly enough, Duncan came to the fore as a striker and when playing for the scotland u16 side he scored one of those maradona/owen goal where he left the whole england team before cooly slotting past the keeper.

I would completely refute statements that RD can't pass. He just doesn't know which team to pass to.

And he has helped out at some particularly hideous defending moments so far this season also.