FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Neil Lennon

wyness_is_god

Neil Lennon in the media saying that Dida should be embarrassed  :010:

Is this the same Neil Lennon that rolled around across the Pittodrie pitch holding his face after NO contact from Juanjo and managed to get him sent off.  :007: :007: :007:

Lennon - Dida is No Angel

Its no fecking depression he's got its Amnesia  :008: :008: :008:

Guest freddie4

I've never really understood the national hatred for Lennon. Lots of other players have done much worse against the team over the years. It was touch and go wether Juanjo put the head on him. I've always associated the hatred with the Irish catholic playing for Celtic. Can't really see any other reason or am i missing something?

I think he's had enough death threats over the years Mantis.

It was touch and go wether Juanjo put the head on him.

No it wasn't. That's why Juanjo's card got rescinded. As it happens I was about 10 yards away and he never touched him.

And no doubt you missed him challenging some of our fans to a fight outside the stadium as well.

Guest freddie4

It was touch and go wether Juanjo put the head on him.

No it wasn't. That's why Juanjo's card got rescinded. As it happens I was about 10 yards away and he never touched him.

And no doubt you missed him challenging some of our fans to a fight outside the stadium as well.

Would like to have seen that one! All water under the bridge dude. ALL footballers have ***** memorys.

I've always associated the hatred with the Irish catholic playing for Celtic. Can't really see any other reason or am i missing something?

Lets not play the religion card !! I agree that for some people in certain locations that might indeed be the case but Caley Thistle fans dislike him for one main reason and that is because he cheated and got one of our players sent off and when it was shown he had, the SPL took no action against him at all. nothing more and certainly nothing to do with his nationality or religion.

I've always associated the hatred with the Irish catholic playing for Celtic. Can't really see any other reason or am i missing something?

Then you really can't know too much about football. Lennon is exaclty the kind of player that every opposition fan "hates". He's like Robbie Savage, Roy Keane or Ian Black. His religion has nothing to do with it. It's who he is as a player.

Then you really can't know too much about football. Lennon is exaclty the kind of player that every opposition fan "hates". He's like Robbie Savage, Roy Keane or Ian Black. His religion has nothing to do with it. It's who he is as a player.

totally agree with RiG and Scotty here....

not a thing to do with what religion he is, where he came from or who he played for.

reason he was disliked throughout scotland is that he was an arrogant sod who knew exactly what buttons to push to rile other players and supporters.

many of you will recall the aberdeen incident - that hardly endeared him to their support....  :001:

Guest freddie4

Lets not play the religion card !! I agree that for some people in certain locations that might indeed be the case but Caley Thistle fans dislike him for one main reason and that is because he cheated and got one of our players sent off and when it was shown he had, the SPL took no action against him at all. nothing more and certainly nothing to do with his nationality or religion.

The post said NATIONAL hatred of Lennon, are you telling me other fans of other clubs don't take his religion into case with this berating of him when visiting away grounds? I know we can't speak for supporters of other teams but we both know the answer to that one.

I always had soft spot for Lennon due to the hard time he got, i liked him as a player and would loved to have seen him ICT colours, lets face it, he wasn't out there to make best buddies with every player and i don't want to invite round to my house for soup and sandwiches. A good player who fought for the jersey. I'll keep my ears open for the next player who dives in the box for a penalty against ICT and hear if he gets the same abuse.

The post said NATIONAL hatred of Lennon, are you telling me other fans of other clubs don't take his religion into case with this berating of him when visiting away grounds? I know we can't speak for supporters of other teams but we both know the answer to that one.

Yes it did, but the full post also narrowed it down to ICT ....

I've never really understood the national hatred for Lennon. Lots of other players have done much worse against the team over the years. It was touch and go wether Juanjo put the head on him.

and I (and others) answered as an ICT fan !!! I think I can also say I was echoing the opinion of a large number of our supporters with the opinion I expressed as this has been debated here before and that was pretty much the consensus.

I have no doubt that some of the stuff that was shouted at him or that he had to endure in the street from certain sections of people in Glasgow was very probably bilious sectarian hatred of the worst kind but he is not the first, nor will he be the last, Rangers or Celtic player to receive that treatment from the other side. It doesnt make it right, but I have neither the will or the desire to get on my soapbox about his treament by fans of another club. If it was ICT related, perhaps, but it is not. ICT fans dislike him because of things he does on the field, not off it.

I always had soft spot for Lennon due to the hard time he got, i liked him as a player and would loved to have seen him ICT colours, lets face it, he wasn't out there to make best buddies with every player and i don't want to invite round to my house for soup and sandwiches. A good player who fought for the jersey. I'll keep my ears open for the next player who dives in the box for a penalty against ICT and hear if he gets the same abuse.
He didnt dive for a penalty against us, he feigned injury to make it look like Juanjo had hit him resulting in the wee man getting sent off and quite possibly affecting the outcome of the match. When video evidence exonerated Juanjo and the SPL took absolutely no action against him, he didnt even have the balls to apologise for being a cheat. If he was wearing ICT colours at the time I would still be less than impressed with him although I do admit I might have been more forgiving, but the plain and simple fact is that none of it has anything to do with his place of birth or religion !

I had the misfortune of getting Lennon's book "Man and Bhoy" as a present when it came out. but rather than show no respect at all, i did actually read the book and have kept it.

In it he mentions the Juanjo incident, Its quite a fairy tale.

I quote Lennon's take on the incident from the book  -

"The biggest talking point of the early part of the season came when we played Inverness Caledonian Thistle up there. Juanjo came in a bit late on me, so i pushed him and he reacted by poking his head into my face. Referee Dougie McDonald didn't see it, but the fourth official did. Alan Freeland is an experienced referee and he saw what happened and McDonald decided to send off Juanjo.

"The television cameras were at the other end of the ground and had not captured the incident clearly, so i do not know on what basis the pundits decided that i had been feigning injury."

"It was made out that i had tried to get Juanjo sent off, on the basis that the Inverness said that he had not touched me - well he would say that, wouldn't he? In all my career I have never tried to get a fellow professional a card."

:017: :017: :017:

The fact he still believes this nonsense after being proved to be a cheat and puts it in his book shows how much little respect he has for any other club or player.

"The television cameras were at the other end of the ground and had not captured the incident clearly, so i do not know on what basis the pundits decided that i had been feigning injury."

The basis is feckin obvious to me or anybody with a pair of eyes. Unless he was hit by a sniper's bullet he was feigning injury.

I can think of one particular team where his religion might lead to problems at games.

With regards to ICT though, and other SPL teams, his religion has no bearing whatsoever on why he is disliked at grounds.

He has been booed down in England as well. Maybe they all hate him because of his religion?

There could not have been a head-butt since Ian Black would have had as serious an injury as Monsieur Lennon which as we all know was a blood-filled  horrendous injury reminiscent of Bannockburn.

Poor Ian Black hid his discomfort at the horreendous concussion which he suffered very well did he not? A real trooper one might say.

LOL :016: