FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Personal Messages

tm4tj

Have I done something to my PM notification or has this function been removed from the site.  I used to be able to see the status of my PM's on the top left of the site but that has now disappeared for a few weeks now.  Is it me, or is it the site?

yours,

puzzled.

If you look at the top of the forum page (below the banner) you see all the tabs for the different things.  The one that says "My Messages" will have a flashing envelope and a number showing any unread messages you have.

You can also go in to your Profile Settings > Personal Message Options and set it to show you an on-screen notification (pop-up) every time you have a new message.

I did the notification bit, but what happened to the message stat counter thingy bit, was it removed by admin in one of the site speedy uppy events?

Send me a reply to my message and I will see if my notification works.

Did you 'collapse' the info panel ?

normally it looks like this .....

[attach=1]

but if you click the minus sign, it ends up looking like this ......

[attach=2]

click the highlighted plus sign to reset it back ......

If you are talking about trying to see the status of personal messages when in the rest of the site - ie. the main site, articles, fixture list pages etc, then YES, this has been removed.

The old way - login to the site from the forums or the main site. This would log you into both areas and allow you to see the forums as well as parts of the main site only viewable to registered users. The downside - the integrated login was causing a huge number of extra database queries and slowing the site down.

The new way - the main site no longer needs a login as all pages have been set as public. Users just need to login to the forums. no integration means everything is a bit quicker.

The software we use for the site and the forums is constantly evolving so we may add integration back in at some point, but only when we think it will be of benefit. right now, there is no huge benefit and the downside was causing users far more problems .....

post-2-1193405308_thumb.png

DSM00.gif_thumb

post-14-1193405308_thumb.png

DSM01.gif_thumb