FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

stewarding today....

maimie

alright chaps and chappettes

we wuz there....sorry we weren't lucky mascots :(

however, in relation to the title of this thread let me tell ye a wee story.. it goes like this...

the ither half more commonly known as the lesser spotted GroovyDave (well at ICT he is) dandered ootside the main stand at half time for a wee fag (that's a cigarette for the PC clique) and was challenged because of it. He didn't know (and neither did I) that at the Tulloch Stadium yer no' allowed oot at play time for yer grown up playpiece (except ice cream it would appear) and then attempt to get back in after the end of his puffs. On going outwith the ground the first steward approached GD and said he could not proceed any further unless he was only having some air / ice cream / was interested in the outside of the lovely main stand by looking at the bricks...or something along those lines.

When GD enquired why there was this ban in place, the steward did an impression of a "deer in heedlights" as he was obviously given a task only the most intelligent of folk would incur in his job = he was asked a question. GD then asked if he had his licence card which we found out about before the match. This chap did not have such a thing upon his person and therefore not only manhandled GD to the side but also stopped him physically from getting past the fencing to the left hand side (where he was put no less). A desperate phone call to moi insured we were aware of the situation as we hurried to the ootside.

Once GD realised the situation he stood oot the way but the steward then attempted to curtail his once-started activity and then proceeded to move him to one side, but alas HE said that GD had "assaulted him". huh??? anyhoo, the best was yet to come...

the supervisor was called over and the high heid yin was determined to get to the bottom of this fracca. He told GD that he would not be getting back into the main stand or any part of the TS due to the fact he was wearing and i quote "opposition colours"... yes offisher, he was indeed wearing a football strip (only if ye looked down past the jersey) and a *gasp* scarf coloured black and white. When he and the rest of us (there was a group at this point) attempted to inform the Soop that in actual fact GD was wearing Dunfermline colours and the opposition that day, and indeed in the rest of the league, was Motherwell. This was not a good enough reason so it would seem and he still refused to let him back in. On hindsight, the now-funny continual looks at these twa Pars fans at yer game today, would probably have been a bit of a confusion for the polis never mind the soops and the rest of his team.

Whilst our more knowledgeable leader (L_G_) and myself tried to tell the soop that Dunfermline are no longer in the same league (yes roll on the jokes) and so therefore the "SPL Rules which stated that no opposition colours can be worn in the home end of the TS or any other football stadium" was not applicable in this case we were continually hushed and told to "let him continue". We waited, with bated breath, and he continued "as long as they are covered up there shouldnt be a problem". Cue all 3 of us ... looking skywards, wondering if this chap could possbily acquire such information then we said (again) "theyre Dunfermline fans, they're here as guests, we're playing Motherwell and you can't possibly see his dunfermline top. The black and white scarf wrapped roond his (lovely) neck was the only "football" thing on show....

Alas, the soop gave into L_G_ and quite right too; she was incurring steam oot her ears, and the ground around her was definitely more shaky than it had been earlier and she is completely fearless when it comes to a good challenge.

I myself thought it was funny. Groovy thought it was funny. Laura thought it was mad, and by eck did we know about it.

Will advise ye of the outcome of the "internal investigation"!  Plus GD will probably be on and tell ye more.

Over 'n' oot.

Buffy xx

Dear Buffy,

Upon reading your account of proceedings, I would be very grateful if you could pass on the name of said poliseman/steward to the management of ICT as it seems he could perfectly suit the vacant position of centre half !!! We are lacking in over defensive cover at the moment and your scouting could well be invaluable

Yours in sport

R'n'B CB

I have stepped out to this area many times for a cigarette and have never once been challenged for doing so or challenged when trying to get back in.  It seems that the "Opposition Colours" thing was simply a secondary excuse after being challenged on the first point and regarding his possession of a license.

If the Steward was not in possession of the relevant license he should not have been manning the door on the basis of controlling entry to anyone....that is the law and this is a clear breach of it.

Sad but very true TM4TJ. It was ridiculous and whilst I can see the funny side, I was absolutely raging at the time. 

Buffy and Groovy Dave are well known to many of us and Buffy has been a regular in the Innes during recent Dunfermline games. If fact she enjoyed hospitality in a box (courtesy of Weestie), in her pars colours, the last time we played Dunfermline.

The one part of the discussion Buffy has omitted is that the lady from the car park, who told us it was nothing to do with her, continually insisted that Groovy Dave had 'pushed' the steward.  The pushing she referred to, we confirmed was verbal and not physical, although she continued to tell the supervisor that he had indeed pushed the steward. 

GD had no colours on show, other that a black and white scarf and Buffy was wearing a blue sweatshirt with a Dunfermline badge on it.  It was a very embarassing exchange over nothing.  These guys were celebrating Buffy's birthday as well as their recent engagement and I think that we should be pleased that they chose our game this weekend for their celebrations.  The steward 'on the door' was unlicensed and was unhappy when challenged (Pushed!!!).  The other supervisor (who wasn't in charge of that area) shook her head in disbelief as she handed over to the appropriate supervisor.  I was angry and very embarassed at this ridiculous exchange. 

we weren't at Perth (imo the coldest place on earth and their pies are pffft to say the least) because we were celebrating a weekend in the Sneck and Loch Ness!!  We were getting updates however from the numpties pars fans who made the trip to St J.... we played better (apparently - yet still no goals  :019: ) I was wearing my lucky bikini so it obviously made some impact, however sadly not at YOUR game..... Once more we were in a home end and nae goals scored...

Thanks L_G_ (i forgot aboot the wee wummin in the car park).

:sillywave: ICTMee = Hostess 2007 Winner  :sillywave:

Buffy xx