FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

United fans blinkered??

KingBeastie

dundee united's form since brew took over has been alarming to say the least (although I admit quite amusing for us!) I had a look at the united forum on the BBC's website and all they seem concerned with is laughing at the dee's (very) serious financial plight and saying that things'll be alright next season - it's the players fault.

Paul Ritchie in today's newspaper made a very valid comment saying that if it wasn't for the points that they gained under Gordon Chisolm's tenure livvy would still currently be in the SPL, a point I agree with. However Chisolm did this with the same players brew has. One win in 14 games, the win being against the team who has been relegated is shocking, if this had been at the beginning or middle of a season brew would have been shown the door.

The united fans seem blinkered by brew the player (from his previous tenure at united) and his run as boss at ICT. If I was a united fan (aye f***in right!) I'd be very very worried about next season.

Anyone else's thoughts?

I think we played 11 or 12 games in the league under Brew when he was not playing (due to injury or suspension as he would never have dreamed off dropping himself). Out of those games I think we won 2.

All The Best Dundee Utd fans you are going to need it. :D :D :D

I think the Grocer must be really starting to wonder if he did the right thing. Coincidentally, Brewster must be thinking the same thing.

I also hope that all of this will make any ICT player who hopes Brew might come calling during the summer to think again.

I'm sure someone else mentioned this elsewhere but its worth repeating.

Brew's record is so bad that he won't have to do much to better it next year - therefore he will be seen to be 'improving' results and therefore a a managerial genius :lol:

Guest Sam

I think even Gary Lineker's granny surely couldn't do much worse (he seemed to think that even she could have won the World Cup with Brazil).

I know the league table shows us in 6th place ... but if you look beyond that for a second and tell the league table page to generate the form table, it makes interesting reading ;)

[you can also click many of the headings on the league table pages to generate different tables - most wins, average goals for/against etc .......]

Guest kingkojak

KB perhaps you the title of this thread to any united fans completely blind ! surely they cant still find positives after the last 15 game run...

That was why I posted this, when I read that message board all they were bothered with was slagging off / laughing at the dee and saying everything will be alright next season - its the players fault. I think they're mad - if the two managers that have been sacked can get more out of the current group of (allegedly not good enough) players then surely they should be more than concerned about what brew seems capable of getting out of them.

Yenited fans have always been a wee bit obsessed wi the sucess or failure of their bigger neebors and seem to feel as long as they are doing better than us thats the benchmark for them.Now we have set an all time low benchmark they wallow in equal mediocrity but happy with bragging amd slagging rights over us.Eh reckon ET is their main problem despite his financial input as much as the Marrs are ours :( .Bad times all round for fitba in Dundee but i still cant bring myself to say the "A" word.

I disagree - he can't afford to get rid of brew at this stage.

I think if Ian Black moves to united it will be a massive mistake for him, he is capable of doing well in a good team with players around him who can and do pull together, at united far too much will be expected of him and the fans will turn on him 'cos as we're seeing it's clearly not brew's fault!? :shock:

Guest cantbeatus

dundee united's form since brew took over has been alarming to say the least (although I admit quite amusing for us!) I had a look at the united forum on the BBC's website and all they seem concerned with is laughing at the dee's (very) serious financial plight and saying that things'll be alright next season - it's the players fault.

Paul Ritchie in today's newspaper made a very valid comment saying that if it wasn't for the points that they gained under Gordon Chisolm's tenure livvy would still currently be in the SPL, a point I agree with. However Chisolm did this with the same players brew has. One win in 14 games, the win being against the team who has been relegated is shocking, if this had been at the beginning or middle of a season brew would have been shown the door.

The united fans seem blinkered by brew the player (from his previous tenure at united) and his run as boss at ICT. If I was a united fan (aye f***in right!) I'd be very very worried about next season.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Reading the wrong forum then, if you have read utdmad.com or arabfever.co.uk then you will see we have been anything but blinkered about how big a task brew has at United.

As for HeilanDee :015: bigger neighbours....thats been United for 30 years mate, get wi the times ya trophy virgin!

30 years?but our history goes way back before that hence arabs constant endeavours to catch up wi us.....Trophy virgin ?wrang on that ane as well,although,admittedly eh do have to go a fair way back in my memory bank! :004:

Guest kingkojak

are you boys lost? this is Local site for Local people..

take yer squabble elsewhere :008:

Guest kcj

Brew's got a big job on his hands that's for sure. He'll be looking to turn all this failure round by building up the team himself with new signings over the summer & the winter transfer window. I'd bet he's taking the longer term view in that it'll take him time to get DU the way he wants it - it'll be interesting to see if the rich grocer boy has the patience to wait that long.

Lighten up KingKojak,a wee bit banter on a thread about Yenited,on the NON ICT board disnae seem oot of order to me."Local site for local people" but i see you stay in Dundee and I stay in Inverness so am i the local or are you,jeez ehm gettin all confused now ,anyways how do you spell Parochial :003:

:022: KK,glad you took that in the spirit it was intended,eh was a veteran of Mennies bar doon the Perth road before moving northwards and fair miss that but no a lot else apart fae the folk and meh team

Guest kingkojak

aye, mennies is a great bar :021:

its a bit different these days though since the smoking ban- you can see your pint without fog lights :015: