FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Top 6 Baby!!!!!!

jaggedthistle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be difficult retaining a top 6 spot.  I believe it all hinges on our next 4 games, DU at home and then 3 tough away games on the bounce, Well, Hibs and Celtic.  I think we need to come out of these 4 games with 7 or more points to have a realistic chance of staying in top 6.

Fingers crossed that Hibs beat Gretna on Wed or they'll jump in front o us on goal diff.

You mean Gretna beat Hibs..?

Whatever happens on Saturday 3 points will see us jump above either Hibs or Aberdeen.

We've still got that game in hand against Motherwell.... With what L-G and Maimie and others are doing just now, I think Phil O'Donnel will be smiling down on us for that one....  :022:

Guest Aboynamedsue

I think we'll need to somehow contrive 4 points from the away matches at Motherwell, Hibs and Celtic to remain in with a shout. Suddenly, Hearts are much more of a threat for a top six place than appeared to be the case a fw weeks ago.

Aye its pretty tight & positions can all change within a couple of games , we really must gain 3 points against the Arabs on Saturday

Hibs aren't playing as well as they were at the start of the season. Aberdeen have become dire. Falkirk cant seem to score goals. Killie are at rock bottom and dont look like getting anywhere other than bottom three. I think we can beat Hearts at home so top six is still  a strong possibility. With 9 to go Celtic would be the only ones I dont think we'll overcome.

Alex.................love your optimism. I, however, am starting to despair about our continued impotence up front. what you say may well be true re all our opponents.................but we have to start playing productive football consistently and, moreover..........Brew has to start reacting to situations when things are not going our way (Sat a good case in point........200+ managers in the stands knew what was required!!!)

Top 6 would be a FANTASTIC achievement

Have to say that three away games on the trot may well be our downfall - Brew continues to play the same types of formations and adapts systems around it - Well, Hibs and Cellic all shout out aloud the need for a 4-5-1 or a 4-1-4-1 defensive, quick break system and Bayne is the only stiker that we possess who has the "attributes" to forage, chase and lead the line in such games. Our away record against the "big" teams this season has been absolutely diabolical. Lose those three and we are in catch up.

Guest Aboynamedsue

Would love it to come down to the last couple of games and I have had a premonition  :crazy07: :crazy07:

We beat Aberdire at the TCS to take Top Six spot.  :001:

WE WILL BEAT ABERDEEN IN MARCH  :021: :021: :021:

I'm on holiday then as well  :clapping03:

So it's off to Hampden on Wednesday, maybe hit the west coast on thurs and friday, before heading to Inverness on the Saturday.

Still think it'll get moved to the sunday for Setanananta though...

A Top six place would give higher gate receipts in the run up to the end of the season and that can only be a good thing. I do believe that the team can do it, it would be a fantastic end to the season, but not the end of the world if we don't. We are there at the moment so I hope that we can stay there.

Give the boy a break, he's only played once :029:

Sorry, are you sticking up for:

• [li]Aberdeen
    [/li]
    [li]Stuart Duff[/li]

Call yourself an ICT fan!  :008:

Point well made.

I suppose I just feel sorry for the lad, every where he goes he is a bit of a scapegoat figure.