FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Safe

buckett

Amidst all the doom and gloom, perhaps we should be thankful that, following Gretna's humping at the hands of Celtic today, we are now mathematically safe from relegation.

Time for a winning streak, now that the 'pressure' is off!!?

:003:

Brewster was brought when were bottom of the league to keep us up this season, and build for next, when considerable improvement will be expected.

Phase 1 accomplished comfortably, and for that reason I can't see him being sacked.

Phase 2 I am not at all sure about. His transfer dealings in the summer will have to be significantly better than the ones so far for him to keep his job beyond September.

Certainly a sizeable proportion of this site were thinking/expecting top 6 this season. While we have avoided relegation we are now "reduced" to striving to avoid finishing 2nd bottom. Quite a turnaround in peoples hopes and expectations.

The teams around us have been improving, and we won't have Gretna to save us next year. The promoted club next season will not have as bad a time as Gretna and will pick up more points. The time to get it sorted is now, we will not be "safe" next season unless we do.

The teams around us have been improving, and we won't have Gretna to save us next year. The promoted club next season will not have as bad a time as Gretna and will pick up more points. The time to get it sorted is now, we will not be "safe" next season unless we do.

I would agree with that. I was delighted when Gretna were promoted last year. They were certainties to go back down and I would have been much more concerned had Saint Johnstone been promoted instead. The money issues just compounded their problems but there was never any doubt that Gretna were going to be relegation fodder.

This year however both Hamilton and Dundee appear to be a much stronger proposition than Gretna and I can't see either of them faring as badly as Gretna have done this season. Next season the bottom 6 is going to be a lot more competitive and I fully expect us to be down there fighting for our lives. St. Mirren are improving and will have the boost of a new ground next season, Falkirk are steadily progressing so out of the three or four sides you would expect to be in the bottom six we are the ones who have stagnated somewhat.

We will hopefully have enough to pull away in good time but next season could be very hard going indeed.