FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DARGOOOOOOO COMING BACK???

tokelyisvictorious

Guest birdog

Zander is very capable at SPL level.

How do you know that?  He hasn't proved himself at all.  When he has had a chance he has been poor.

To my knowledge he has only had one chance in the first team in a competitive match so far, that was against St Mirren at Love St at the end of last season.  That day he was easily the best player on the park.  Far better than even Dargo who came on late and was kept pretty quiet by their defence.  Meanwhile Zander was running rings around them.

While I may be a bit premature in my predictions for him, I stand by them.  Zander if kept on will be a huge player for us next season.

Yep I would agree with those thoughts, seen him play twice I think and I was impressed with the lad and from the reports I have been hearing coming from Elgin he sounds as if he has matured into a nice little player.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the "experts"are putting down one of our youngsters. Based on what?? I can count on one hand the number of good 20 year old midfielders in the SPL. Kids have to start somwhere. The lad is doing really well at Elgin. Nominated for 3rd Div PotY. Has yet to get a proper chance in the top flight but still he's put down. What chance has he and the others got if the support has such high expectations. We're Inverness not Real Madrid

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

P.S. This thread is about dargo not zander

Why do we seem to excel in wanting/taking players/managers back after they leave us?

Dargo can feck off as far as I am concerned, leaves us amidst talk of St. Midden being in the top six with him there. A stunning scoring rate this season from him :017:

Let him rot in Paisley. :33:

Dargo has been tried and tested.  He fits into the squad seamlessly and I've only seen him play badly a in a couple of games.  He would be the best signing we could realsitically make at this present time.  Or at least better than anyone from Chester.

Next season we need all the goals we can get, so I doubt Brewster will ever give Zander his chance he deserves, maybe Vigurs will play a minor part in a few games.  Apart from that, Brewster has to find another quality player for peanuts, and not find another monkey like Zibi or Mcguire.

• 1 month later...

We could take hm on a trial and get him to sign a waiver of wages if his injuries continue?

:002: "It's not personal it's only business " and if he don't score the goals he aint' gonna get the big money or the big chance.

Forget it.!

And I know Clacher agrees with me .  :004:

I have a number of friends who support county, and they all say he is definetly not SPL quality.

But they also said imrie and rankin were not good enough, so maybe they could be wrong.

In the end, i don't think that we will sign him.  Interest from england will overule the mans senses and soon he will be playing in the blue square premier league with farsley celtic, coming off the bench to grab a consolation goal aginst Burton Albion.

His choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Can only agree with CaleyD and others about Dargo. He's a walking injury.

I've said many times, I think we were lucky to get the best out of Dargo the first season. Every other club has had him injured and with hindsight we could have punted him a year earlier.

If were trying to freshen up the team i hardly think bringing Dargo back is a sensible soloution. Juanjo maybe as he has unfinished buisness. But Dargo never looked happy in his last season here. If he can only manage a goal past the crumbling heap that is, i mean was Gretna then he isnt going to cope with the league next year.....and he's 30, we need younger players.

When he left it wasn't about the money but about location. Have I missed something or has TFC suddenly been transported to the central belt?

I also agree it's too risky anyway with his medical record but as I pointed out above not an issue worth contemplating IMHO.

Everyone on here is always complaining about the lack of proven SPL strikers in our squad, yet whenever one is mentioned, no-one ever wants to sign him!!

I for one would welcome Dargo back.

how is he a proven spl att? how many goals did he score last season? i for 1 wouldnt have him back

Nowt to do with Dargoals, but with all this talk of the need for a 'proven SPL goalscorer', I thought i'd share my concerns.

It is worrying that Stevie Crawford hasn't found a club yet. I also noticed on the online edition of the Daily Record that he was bigging up Brewster and was hoping to emulate his long playing career...

Since all our strikers are young and inexperienced, except from Mariuusshh, I think he'll want to bring someone in who's experienced  :024:  :020:

Rory McAllister technically had a better season than Dargo, he scored 2 goals (one while at Peterhead)....while Dargo only managed 1 all season, now thats just pathetic.

how is he a proven spl att? how many goals did he score last season? i for 1 wouldnt have him back

You saw his goal scoring record while he was with us didn't you?

hardly  proves hes a proven spl scorer,1 good season in spl out of how many 5-6 or even 7??

He scored once, after a horrific injury that kept him out for six months, then struggled to find his form. If St Mirren were to let him go on the cheap, I'd certainly welcome back a player who scored 29 goals over two seasons here.

1 good season in spl out of how many 5-6 or even 7??

He's been prolific in two of his last three seasons, and in the other one he missed half of it through injury. People need to realise a club like ICT can't attract the top SPL goalscorers. IMHO, Dargo would be a very good signing, providing he wasn't still chasing too high wages.