FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen Clearout

EWS

Ok, I'll accept that Rory couldn't score in a brothel, but Lovell has 4 goals in 29 apperances this season, what's good about that??????  :024:

Not that good this season obviously but look at his record the previous season (if caleyboyz stats are correct) and it makes good reading. it would, if my maths is correct, make 15 goals in 40 which is probably better than any of our current crop of strikers.

He features a lot from the bench and has had a fair few injuries this season (apparently).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too true.  Lovell also had a fall out with JC apparently which meant his appearances have been curtailed.  From what I've read on message boards, the Dons fans seemed to think he should have been a more regular player.

Is Aberdeen like some kind of Celestial City now...?  Last time I was there the place was full of winos, beggars and down & outs.. The city council has got itself in a complete mess regarding basic services the rest of us in civilisation take for granted.

Why shouldn't Nicholson want to come to Inverness & and ICT...? He would be working with a manager he got on well with as a player.

We have already demonstrated we can attract top European Internationalists here...  Why would Nicholson not be interested...?

Naaah.. he just wants to get away from Tangoman and a binge drinking, drug addicted city that's dying on its feet :sad04:

Who can blame him.... :symbol_question:

Yeh good thinking, on that logic we should try and sign Ronaldo from Man Utd, I'm sure he would love to play for us as Inverness is a lovely place to live.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves - players from teams like Aberdeen, who are getting a game and are wanted by the club do NOT want to come to Inverness to play! I know it is not nice but it is true.

That's why the ones that do come from Aberdeen like Duncan, Wyness and McCallister etc were unwanted by the club or did not feature in the 1st team.

It is a pipe dream to imagine that all the other SPL players want to come to us when the likes of Aberdeen pay better, have a bigger support, bigger heritage, play in the top six most seasons etc etc.

Lovell would be a good addition to our team especially if Wyness is to depart.

Although he would be at the higher end of our wage scale, I beliweve that we could afford to meet his financial demands, whether he would want to move to Inverness might well be another matter.

Although he would be at the higher end of our wage scale, I beliweve that we could afford to meet his financial demands, whether he would want to move to Inverness might well be another matter.

Do you regard Aberdeen as a much more desirable place in which to live than Inverness...?

If so... Why.?

Do you regard Aberdeen as a much more desirable place in which to live than Inverness...?

If so... Why.?

I think you are getting confused between Inverness the city and Inverness the football team.

I for one am talking about players not wanting to come to play for Inverness the team if they are playing for more 'desirable' teams

That is also true - geographically speaking a lot of players would prefer to live in the central belt and you can't blame them if that is where they were brought up and where their friends and family live. We have seen this in players such as Dods, Dargo and Mann etc 

I think you are getting confused between Inverness the city and Inverness the football team.

I for one am talking about players not wanting to come to play for Inverness the team if they are playing for more 'desirable' teams

I'm not confused at all. I'm quite sure Kingsmills was suggesting that the city of Inverness was perhaps not as fashionable, or as trendy a place for a successful footballer in which to live as Aberdeen.

I just don't see why that should be the case. What does the city of Aberdeen have to offer that Inverness can't..?

You could argue that Aberdeen F.C are a much bigger club than ICT - bigger support, pay higher wages, etc, etc... That may very well make a move to Aberdeen seem like a much more attractive proposition than a move to Inverness. But that doesn't make Aberdeen any nicer a place in which to live than Inverness.

Guest CaleyJaggy

What does the city of Aberdeen have to offer that Inverness can't..?

A proper lap dancing club  :001:

Bugsy Browns FTW  :004: