FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen Clearout

EWS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovell is an excellent finisher, however, there is no way he is on less than Marius is.

I always thought he was on less than Miller was getting which was between ?3k - ?4k a week.

Lovell is an excellent finisher, however, there is no way he is on less than Marius is.

I always thought he was on less than Miller was getting which was between ?3k - ?4k a week.

Hmm

Wyness and Deano would both probably need to go (both must be earning a tidy sum considering their previous clubs) but if he is earning so little, he might be worth the gamble.

As for Nicholson, was he not rumoured to be on up to 7k a week during the whole contract rebels saga?

Is Aberdeen like some kind of Celestial City now...?  Last time I was there the place was full of winos, beggars and down & outs.. The city council has got itself in a complete mess regarding basic services the rest of us in civilisation take for granted.

Why shouldn't Nicholson want to come to Inverness & and ICT...? He would be working with a manager he got on well with as a player.

We have already demonstrated we can attract top European Internationalists here...  Why would Nicholson not be interested...?

Wyness and Deano would both probably need to go (both must be earning a tidy sum considering their previous clubs) but if he is earning so little, he might be worth the gamble.

As for Nicholson, was he not rumoured to be on up to 7k a week during the whole contract rebels saga?

I think if we could afford Lovell we may as well make a move. I reckon he would do well for us.

As for Nicholson I do seem to mind he was being offered/was wanting something daft from Aberdeen so you might be too far off with the ?7k figure.

I dont know how anybody rates Soutar - He is totally hit and miss as the Cup Semi proved - I rate him on a par with Zibi but he has just had more first team experience of late. I would agree with RIG that Lovell is practically the only player who could be within our sphere of capturing and who I would welcome.

Without upsetiing the sulky scholar too much - I cannot believe that we are not looking at the boy Fleming from Gretna and, as I alluded to in ma Gretna report, the boy Kissock on loan from Everton looked absolute class - if he was fitter and leaner - WOW. So why arent we on the blower to Davie Moyes - shurely a season with us would be better than Gretna.

lets think about this aberdeen failed to make the top 6 this season the top 6 is where we want to be so why are we wasting time even considering buying rejects who are not good enough for aberdeen everyone is saying that lovell is class but i dont consider 19 goals in 69 games for aberdeen to be particularly outstanding. in other words hes scored 19 goals in 2 seasons which is NOT good enough

lets think about this aberdeen failed to make the top 6 this season

:017:

why are we wasting time even considering buying rejects who are not good enough for aberdeen

What about buying rejetcs not good enough for Saint Johnstone (Dods) or indeed Aberdeen in the past like Duncan? They've done well for us.

everyone is saying that lovell is class but i dont consider 19 goals in 69 games for aberdeen to be particularly outstanding. in other words hes scored 19 goals in 2 seasons which is NOT good enough

I don't think it's that bad at all. Given that a lot of those are appearences off the bench I think a return of about 10 goals per season is pretty **** good for someone playing in the middle of the league team. It's better than any of our strikers this season and perhaps better than any of them over the last two seasons. Dargo had a fantastic run for us but who else at ICT has a similar scoring record.

First of all Barry Nicholson would never come to us and he says he wants a move to the Championship, second is that Steve Lovell is sh1te (something like 20 goals in 3 years), I would rather play Rory than him!!!!!  :029:

First of all Barry Nicholson would never come to us and he says he wants a move to the Championship, second is that Steve Lovell is sh1te (something like 20 goals in 3 years), I would rather play Rory than him!!!!!  :029:

How many goals has Rory gotten in the last 3 years?

Guest birdog

I think that any of the names mentioned would ultimately be a better signing than Barrowman from C*unty but there are a few on this forum who still think that Barrowman would be a good signing  :017: the Aberdeen players are all experienced SPL footballers (I don't really fancy any of them at ICT) but Barrowman could not even break through into the Killie first team. Putting things into perspective there is a lot of slating players who are better than some that would be welcomed by the ICT support.

Guest birdog

In fairnees to him, was he not trying to make it at Killie at the same time as Naismith and Boyd??

Ok I'll be fair he has scored a heap of goals in Division 2 but if you look at his record for in Div 1 for QOS then he scored 1 goal in 20 or so games.