FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen Clearout

EWS

Now I haven't put this in the rumour section because there is no rumours about it.  Aberdeen have announced that 6 players will be leaving the club in the summer.  Seeing as they are most likely living in the North East City, should we be attempting to tie some up on deals?  Of course they will have to take pay cuts, but some might be willing to do that in order to stay in the area and play first team football.

Attempting to put aside the negative aspects that seem to be happening, lets try some actual constructive discussion on here for once.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

Attempting to put aside the negative aspects that seem to be happening, lets try some actual constructive discussion on here for once.

I'll get my jacket....... I am leaving this thread.

I'll get my jacket....... I am leaving this thread.

Well recently the discussion on this board is either IHE spouting his pish (no doubt he will talk some in here), people criticising Brewster (done to death) people wanking / attempting to destroy Marius and most recently the board room troubles.  I have just got sick of it, and thought that we should maybe try a different type of thread for once.  An actual discussion about the merits of taking people from another club and integrating them into our own.

But no doubt it will descend into a farce.

Yet more personal insults - I must be doing my "job" -  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Feckin great psychology - I have got nearly everything spot on this season and I get abuse from the jealous ones - Why cant peeple just accept that I am a true SEER.

As fer this thread - Absolute garbage from a distant bitter student.

The club is in a feckin mess - If ya didnt feckin notice.  :018: 

Getting back to the football, are there any players just released by the Dons who might be of interest to us or is Caldo a shrewd operator who gives no hopers the boot ? I describe Caldo as shrewd with some reservations as I'm sure Aberdeen fans have plenty of other adjectives for him !

:tic01:

Guest CaleyJaggy

Yet more personal insults - I must be doing my "job" -  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Feckin great psychology - I have got nearly everything spot on this season and I get abuse from the jealous ones - Why cant peeple just accept that I am a true SEER.

As fer this thread - Absolute garbage from a distant bitter student.

The club is in a feckin mess - If ya didnt feckin notice.  :018: 

If you throw as much **** as you do some of it is bound to stick.  You don't happen to post as Stuart Dickson on Pie and Bovril do you?  You two seem to share very similar posting styles.

Guest birdog

I hope to feck we don't go for Duff, he's the type of sh1te that Brewster would try to sign though. Sorry EWS tried to be positive but it just aint happening.

:029: I'll get my jacket.....................again

I for one think we should be going for Derek Soutar.

Please tell me you are joking? The six players leaving are Derek Soutar, Greg Kelly, Richie Byrne, Dave Bus, Jonathan Smith and Steve Lovell. Barry Nicholson has turned down a new deal and Lee Miller might not be offered a new one.

Of the six who are leaving without being offered a new contract I would take Richie Byrne Steve Lovell. I think he could be a smashing signing for us. Miller and Nicholson are obviously out of our reach. The rest are garbage.

Being positive isn't all of it, it's about a proper adult (shock) discussion on an issue.

The question that needs to be asked is that are any of these players better then ours?  I would say most would be.

RIG - Soutar is much better then Zibi.

Now I haven't put this in the rumour section because there is no rumours about it.  Aberdeen have announced that 6 players will be leaving the club in the summer.  Seeing as they are most likely living in the North East City, should we be attempting to tie some up on deals?  Of course they will have to take pay cuts, but some might be willing to do that in order to stay in the area and play first team football.

Bus - Not after his display up here a few weeks ago

soutar - hit and miss, can be good but similarly can be gash

Kelly - never heard of him but if it was a choice between him or Zibi then no contest  :023:

Byrne- no better than we have, good going forward but ropey at the back

Johnathon Smith - never heard of him

Steve Lovell - would be a great signing but i think his wage demands would be very high

The question that needs to be asked is that are any of these players better then ours?  I would say most would be.

Out of the 8 players I mention only Nicholson, Miller and Lovell would be good additions to the squad and we can't afford two of them.

We might not even be able to afford Lovell but if you were to say which one of the players released offers the most realistic target for ICT in terms of the likelihood of him coming and ourselves being able to afford him I would say it would be Lovell.

RIG - Soutar is much better then Zibi.

Definitely but he would likely command a heftier wage and is it worth it for a back up to Fraser who is better than both?

We already got one player (manager) from the Dons this season and look where that got us.

Good point, Brew is bound to know these lads and I reckon he will sign anyone just for the sake of signing them such as mcguire who is good for at least a goal a game for whoever we are playing :029:

Heaven help us :020:

steve lovell please . not because i rate him,  just so we could take some revenge for all those late goals by replacing the flybe half time challenge with the kick lovell in the nuts half time raffle. im sure it would prove a good earner and relieve some anguish for the lucky winners