FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

"No rush to sign players up on new deals"

RiG

Reading between the lines I think that syas that Zander has a chance but bye bye to the rest cos I dont like them. 

?It is a two-way thing. It has got to suit the players and it has got to suit the club."  :023:

?I don?t think anyone has thought about how the chairman?s departure would affect the club."  :029:

?Caley Thistle is a well-run club"  :023:

?I think things will continue as smoothly as they have in the past."  :sillywave:

?The club will move on. It is not about any individual. It is about the entire club progressing." - except Crair Brewster  :018:

?The board will work closely with Craig Brewster to see that we move forward in the SPL.?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

"The manager has talked to various players about aspects of their contracts and he is very good at dealing with the players."  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

THIS GETTING BEYOND A JOKE  :008:

Disrgaceful! Shameful! Outrageous! Clueless! Scandal! Resign! Worst manager ever! Boooo Charlie! Booo Brewster! Boooo Niculae! Boooo Grassa! Boooo Savage! Boooo Malkie! Boooo the goalkeeping coach! Boooo 'invisible man' Roy McBan! Booooo pathetic Zibi! Booooo useless McGuire! Waste of money! Embarrassing! Not fit to wear the shirt! Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!  :baby01:

:sleep01: :sleep01: :sleep01:

I thought this was supposed to be an ICT supporters forum? It's getting more and more boring by the day. 

Disrgaceful! Shameful! Outrageous! Clueless! Scandal! Resign! Worst manager ever! Boooo Charlie! Booo Brewster! Boooo Niculae! Boooo Grassa! Boooo Savage! Boooo Malkie! Boooo the goalkeeping coach! Boooo 'invisible man' Roy McBan! Booooo pathetic Zibi! Booooo useless McGuire! Waste of money! Embarrassing! Not fit to wear the shirt! Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!  :baby01:

I thought this was supposed to be an ICT supporters forum? It's getting more and more boring by the day. 

More fool you for coming here then!

As an ICT supporter I am  :008: not  :012: and I aint  :rotflmao:. Are we not entitled to ask  :symbol_question: -  :029: You would have to be an  :alien03: not to be concerned about some of the  :crap01: that is being spouted out of the  :moon2: of the management at present. It is enuff to  :driving01: us to  :drinking09:

You're not in the least bit concerned that there is no rush to sign any of the players on a new deal?

You're not in the least bit concerned that there is no rush to sign any of the players on a new deal?

I wouldn't be concerned if I thought there were players coming in of better quality. As it is I see no sign of that happening.

The players we've had coming in recently have not been the best that Caley could do! Maybe the exceptions, Cowie (definately more so than the rest and proving to be 1 of the best we have), Niculae and... well thats about it. My mate (Celtic fan) has always accused Caley of being a club with no ambitions when it comes to the transfer windows. And I completely agree! We constantly find lower league clubs, out of contract players who are out of contract for a reason, raid County season in season out (once again Cowie, Rankin, a few others here now that did well but still...look beyond the kessock bridge!) and generally look out for a bargin that WE THE SUPPORTERS AND NOT SUPPOSED PROFESSIONALS know before they even arrive will not make the impact NEEDED in the SPL. ? ? ?, blah blah blah... yes we don't have the best wages, are located a bit out of the way, and other excuses we wheel out to make it seem ok but it doesn't mean we shouldn't TRY to prove we have a bit of ambition even if we knocked back!

I'm extremely annoyed over this whole Chester argument. Not because Chesters accusations or the fact that it may bring some negative attention on the club (but then again it might be needed just to boot the board up the F***ing @rse and to keep an eye on things) but WHY OH WHY do we go to a lower league english club to watch players that even Brewster (king of the bargin bin) doesn't see fit for the SPL. What a waste of time!!!!!! It proves my point!

As for the players going out, I could name some better replacements in that list of players to get out the door. Then again, when will we see anything that the fans acknowledge, actually happen?? There's been plenty players that we've let go due to the managements complete ignorance to the stuff that matters the most and thats the performance on the park!

Sorry if this is a bit messed up and some bits don't make sense. I'm really stressed out just now and this is a fun way to vent  :023:

When it comes to signing players ambition always has to be offset against affordability.  Whilst I welcome the idea behind bringing in players such as Niculae we have to accept that this will, for a long time to come, be the exception as opposed to the rule.

Keeping the club solvent should be viewed just as much as an ambition as the signings we target, the day we forget that we really are fooked.

I know this is mentioned in another thread but it makes sense to have it here:

*Trio can win new deals*

No mention of Xander.....

I read that article and the only thing that comes to my mind is......WTF has Brewster been up to since he came back as Manager if he is only now looking at what these guys can do with a view to keeping them?

Wyness had already earned a new contract by all accounts and if we believe what we were told it was withdrawn because of a disagreement over some of the details....if the club were being consistent with their story then surely it is only a case of negotiating price with Wyness.

Not to mention the total disrespect that an article like this conveys when your dealing with guys who have given a good few years of service to ICT.....if nothing else they do not deserve to be patronised with public statements of "you've got 5 games to prove yourself"....they've proved themselves through years of service at this Club, a **** site longer than you, Brewster, and if we're basing futures on runs of 5 games, what about the 7 losses in a row or 11 games without a feckin win under your stewardship....should you not be showing yourself the door based on numbers like that.

wyness has earned a new contract when the couple of games ive seen him hes been disapointing and i haven missed a home game this eason he hasnt been as good since he came back for one im glad we made a effort to resign duncan been a satlwart in the middle of the park

I hate to say it but I think the club are quite right to make out of contract players work for a new contract. Dennis has been poor this season and has not made the best of the chances he has had. The club must get the best out of the players and letting them walk into new contracts does not help the situation. I think the whole Marius situation has had an effect but we have done that subject to death.

As for lower league and Chester-type players, I always admired Tommy McLean at Motherwell for going into the lower leagues and buying their best players.  Players have to start somewhere.  Just because they are missed by Killie or Hibs or whoever first time around doesn't mean they are poor players.  It may just mean they haven't been spotted.  Rangers signed Davie Cooper from Clydebank.  A poor signing?  David Platt came from Crewe (psst no-one mention the utd connection).  If you think only decent players have already been signed up by EPL and SPL clubs from schoolboy, quite frankly you know nothing about football!  :018:

Say what you like about Brewster, but we're higher up the league table than we were when he joined us and I would suggest that he hasn't yet been given sufficient time to prove himself. If we're struggling come January then perhaps we can start calling for his resignation, but give the man a chance.

Also I think those who have been given a mere 5 games to prove themselves have been made a pretty generous offer, especially those who have been pish since October!

I hate to say it but I think the club are quite right to make out of contract players work for a new contract. Dennis has been poor this season and has not made the best of the chances he has had. The club must get the best out of the players and letting them walk into new contracts does not help the situation. I think the whole Marius situation has had an effect but we have done that subject to death.

That's fine, if a player isn't performing or is past their best then they shouldn't expect to just walk into a new contract, but it's extremely amateur on the part of the Manager to say that he will be judging them on the last 5 games of the season when he has been working with them for so long.....what has Brewster been doing all season if not constantly judging his players and working out which ones are the best and which ones he wants to keep?

We constantly hear how Brewster should be judged on the full season blah blah blah, yet here he is saying that the rules for him are different than the rules for everyone else....a "do as I say, not as I do" scenario.  I think Wilson and Wyness deserve to be treated with a little more respect than that, especially when you consider the service they have given the club.  If your going to let them go then at least do it with a little more dignity, and if there's a chance they will stay, then do so, but don't go to the press saying your basing your decision on 5 (almost) meaningless matches....that just makes you look like a fool, and in turn the club.

As the saying goes...."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

As for lower league and Chester-type players, I always admired Tommy McLean at Motherwell for going into the lower leagues and buying their best players.  Players have to start somewhere.  Just because they are missed by Killie or Hibs or whoever first time around doesn't mean they are poor players.  It may just mean they haven't been spotted.  Rangers signed Davie Cooper from Clydebank.  A poor signing?  David Platt came from Crewe (psst no-one mention the utd connection).  If you think only decent players have already been signed up by EPL and SPL clubs from schoolboy, quite frankly you know nothing about football!  :018:

i completely agree with this point you only have to look at examples like michael kightly to know this is the case

brewster is NOT a fool for looking at league 2, he is a fool for looking at shrewsbury v wrexham instead of a team like peterbrough who have aaron mclean a quality player destined for the top

Although Caley D never says he agrees with  Scarlet on anything it must be said that since I am older, wiser and more generous than the average poster on here  I wish to inform you that Caley D makes  sense with his  references to lack of dignity and particularly his telling comment that if players are to be judged on only a few recent games then Brewster himself must also be judged by the same yardstick.

But this certainly smacks of end-of season stuff and frankly I also think that currently we are scraping the bottom of the barrel for any scraps of real information that can dissipate the groaning ennui of recent events.

Do you not agree Caley D? :002:

Go on, luv, gladden an old m  m m m mmman's heart. Damned alzheimers.! :029: