FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Romanian Provisional Squad Officially Announced

Guest stevico64

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely daniel nicaule would start

I would have expected both D Niculae and Marica to start but when I was speaking to Romanian assistant manager a few months ago he said at the time their ideal strikeforce would be Marius and Mutu together up front, we will see as I am still not convinced he will start.

...he said at the time their ideal strikeforce would be Marius and Mutu together up front, we will see as I am still not convinced he will start.

Yes, Mutu was pretty ineffective against Rangers, so I don't think he should start either  :001:

IT'S OFFICIAL - MARIUS IS IN!!! (Source - Reuters)

And he gets his number eighteen shirt as well, according to wikipedia.  Freaking magic.  Do us proud, big man.

Link to Source ?

The only reuters story I can find from today says "Romania coach Victor Piturca on Tuesday dropped uncapped midfielder Ciprian Deac from his provisional Euro 2008 squad. Midfielder Ovidiu Petre and goalkeeper Danut Coman, both injured, have already pulled out of the squad and with Coman replaced by Eduard Stanciou, Piturca must drop another player by the squad announcement deadline on May 28."

Link: http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootbal...724386420080527

Oh ****, have I jumped the gun?  I saw Deac had been dropped, and the numbers on wiki have Moti dropped as well.  On the other hand, that could be wishful thinking on somebody's part?

Oh well, I guess I can wait till tomorrow before celebrating on his behalf.

Well... Panini better release an updated Euro 2008 sticker album then, cause he's not in that  :016:

Must update my work diary to include what days the Romania games are on...

"....... Goal from Marius Niculae........ Niculae plays his football for (little) Inverness in the SPL. Inverness is supposed to be one of the places where they speak the most perfect English in the land ... talking of English, I wonder whether this Romanian team will ever be good enough to win the world cup like England did in 1966 ........" descends into reminiscing about England, Beckham and how tournament is devalued without their presence ......

Guest stevico64

"....... Goal from Marius Niculae........ Niculae plays his football for (little) Inverness in the SPL. Inverness is supposed to be one of the places where they speak the most perfect English in the land ... talking of English, I wonder whether this Romanian team will ever be good enough to win the world cup like England did in 1966 ........" descends into reminiscing about England, Beckham and how tournament is devalued without their presence ......

Surprise, surprise, where did you get that from Scotty

I wonder if the national newspapers are going to give us more than a paragraph on Marius's call up, since it looks like it'll just be him, Boruc and Vinegar of Castlemilk representing the SPL?

It would be ace if he had one of those "Marius's Euro Diary" columns like they do with players before the Scottish Cup final.

... and IF the club is looking to sell him on, then the added publicity will surely do more good than harm  :023:

Surprise, surprise, where did you get that from Scotty

the deepest darkest recesses of my addled brain ..... its a prediction  :015: