FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Amatuer Football

I currently play for Smithton hotel in the Welfare League 1st Division.

We're currently bottom of the league (6 points from safety) with 2 games to go... both games against the top 2.

We also have a cup final this coming saturday v pheonix (3pm kick off at ardersier).

We've been looking for players since the start of the summer league, and are unable to sign new players - but we'll no doubt need more players come next season still.

We play our final 2 matches at Culloden pitches next friday and the monday after that... i think. you're welcome to come along and speak to the gaffer

I currently play for Smithton hotel in the Welfare League 1st Division.

We're currently bottom of the league (6 points from safety) with 2 games to go... both games against the top 2.

We also have a cup final this coming saturday v pheonix (3pm kick off at ardersier).

We've been looking for players since the start of the summer league, and are unable to sign new players - but we'll no doubt need more players come next season still.

We play our final 2 matches at Culloden pitches next friday and the monday after that... i think. you're welcome to come along and speak to the gaffer

You sound as bad as the Sunday Uni league team I play for!  :007: What position do you play? I play CM.

I'd love to get involved in something similar through in Aberdeen but reckon I'd get sent off most of the time. Think I should stick to trying to enter a league at Goals or something.

9-times-from-10 I am on the bench, and usually play the last few minutes up front.

Had 2 full games this season (as we only had 10 players turn up each time) and played down the right flank both times - not good when we usually stick to the left!!!

Problem with our side is that we dont work as a team. It's either ball hogging or long ball stuff. rarely any inter-playing.

I kind of feel like the Rory McAllister of our squad (only better ! ) - always waiting for a start, forever waiting on a decent delivery into the box and not got a goal all season. lol

Oh - and if any of the ICT coaching staff are reading this, kick off is 3pm saturday, Ardersier pitch (next to Gun Lodge Hotel) - so if you want to pop down for a bit of scouting *ahem* then I belive a former trialist *ahem* may get a game *ahem ahem* (**** cough) :blah01: :rotflmao:

I know the feeling about the style of play. Too many of our lads whack the ball away with no real thought and don't look for passes when they are making them or receiving them. They also flounder under pressure. We have a solid backbone to the team going through midfield but our left and right flanks are abysmal with players frequently out of position. Same silly mistakes each weekend. When they started their season they were getting thumped 14 - 0 by the end of the season we had won one game but had least started challenging other teams and had some close games with our remaining improvements. Got better as the season wore on.

we've had it rough this season. we won our first match of the season, but suffered 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 defests. one match we were 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go, and somehow managed to loose 5-3.  :018:

but our cup runs have been our better time of the season. we played the league leaders in the semi final of the division 1/2 cup - trailed 4-1 with 20 to go and won 5-4. Was by far the best game I have seen/been involved in years.

Too many players trying to act like Ronaldo, ronaldinho and drogba - so many times i have found myself in space, shouted for the ball only to see it somehow head back to our own goalkeeper...  kind of like when we played county on tuesday!!! :023:

can't get more amatuer than this................

Divison 1-2 cup final postponed (re-arranged date yet to be confirmed)

the reason...............

Head of the amatuer league forgot to book a dam ref :029: :018:

can't get more amatuer than this................

Divison 1-2 cup final postponed (re-arranged date yet to be confirmed)

the reason...............

Head of the amatuer league forgot to book a dam ref :029: :018:

Is it still big George ?

indeed is is mate.

We were given a date back in early june for the final. Pheonix rejected the date as they would be unable to field a team. the revised date we had to reject as we would be short. after much confusion both team agreed saturday - and now this.

christ knows when we'll get our winners medals now  :001: