FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grumpy Old Men...

caley100

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you do with junk mail is you put all the gumph in the supplied pre-addressed envelope and send it right back to them. That way the company is charged for postage. Allegedly.

If everyone did that there probably wouldn't be any junk mail.

Or if there was, there'd be no pre-addressed envelopes with it!

:003:

What you do with junk mail is you put all the gumph in the supplied pre-addressed envelope and send it right back to them. That way the company is charged for postage. Allegedly.

Used to do that with AOL CDs when I figured I had enough coasters/frisbees ..... it took a year or more but eventually they stopped sending them ....

Cold call tele-sales.

Worse than that ... cold-call telesales from a machine that plays a recording !!! or an obvious telesales call that connects at my end but the sales agent isnt quick enough and you end up saying "hello, ... hello .... hello .... $#@&&^%$# !!!"

MBNA are not content with me using their credit card, they want me to start using their cheques as well!!  twice a month i recieve a letter containing bumph and a sheet of cc cheques to use( which i rip up)  talk about wasting trees... :008:

' People who never seem to have access to a car on match day '

:015:

And when they do.... the feckin brakes dont work!

People who refer to their dog as "my baby".

As well as being biologically unlikely, it has sinister implications of inter-breeding across the species divide.

Plus it annoys the crap outa me!

Young people in Canada who raise their voice at the end of a sentence...like.

I don't understand Australians anyway so I don't give a tuppeny toss whether they do this also?

Slow drivers who get in my way when I am doing 120kph on my way to work. travelling illegally in the HOV lane. That and slower drivers who occupy the HOV(High Occupancy Vehicles ) lane on the freeway when I want to pass. They are usually small, wear hats, are myopic  and will never ever get into the inside lane voluntarily. Best way to shift them--hang back 40 yards so that your high beams hit them straight in the mirrors..Hoch! Hoch!

Scarlet's world is so crazy he doesn't really care about anything bothering hin nowadays --oh, yes, one exception- long-time customers of your business who know you well, love your work, will pay eventually but need begging letters to part with the money.

Thinks...another exception or two--dishonest persons, bad-mannered persons and traitors.

Otherwise life is ........a ruddy big challenge. Grrrrr! :clapping04: :

Scotty--worse than yours is where these pre-programmed machines call you up with a sales pitch--you pick up the 'phone then put your finger on the button to stop the call; nothing happens and you have no choice but to listen to the whole spiel before you can get rid of this intrusive menace.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched a woman walking her dog... dog has a crap in the verge, woman pulls out plastic poo bag, lift crap, ties the handle and then thows the feckin bag back onto the verge!!!!!!!!

What the feck is that about?

Dog crap -decomoses in 3-4 weeks

Crap in bag - decomposes in 11 years.

Apparently, 740 tons of dog sh!t are deposited on the streets and verges of the UK by K9s every day. So where does it all go to... why isn't there some enormous pile of dog mercury out there?

Guest donmac298

English newsreaders who add an "r" to the likes of India® or China® yet can not pronounce the "r" in water (wata). 

• 2 weeks later...