FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Markus

frank_the_tank

I really thought we should have got rid of him a few months ago and not given him an extension to his contract. For me, he was too scaried to get involved and never won (or went for) a 50/50 ball. I think we have wasted quite a bit of money on him in the last few months - I would guess he is on about ?1000 a week for say 4 months, so that would be approximately ?16,000 ?? And for what return?

signed from Cowdenbeath(?), there is no way he would be paid that much but agree does seem like a waste of money. I am more disappointed at the player than the club though, it seems he asked to terminate the contract after ICT paid money to help him recover, which is a big slap in the face IMO. I hope the club have agreed the termination in condition that he doesn't spring up at another SPL club i.e Hibs, in the next few weeks

for what it's worth I thought he had the potential to be a decent player if he wasn't so injury prone

In my view for January we need a tall centre back, im thinking go for McPake again. And we need a fast wide player, also some proper cover for the strikers.

Edited by ajsict92

Im disappointed that Markus wasn't able to put his injuries behind him, as I always thought he was a decent player with good potential.

However given his injuries I think an amicable parting of ways is the sensible choice.

Good luck Markus, Really hope you get your career back on track :rotflmao:

There are people who think the club done wrong to give the lad an extension. There are those, like me, who think it was the right decision. Either way ICT gave Markus the opportunity to recover and try and win a place at the club. The prognosis appears to be that the lad wont be recovered and back fighting for a place before the year end so he has requested his contract be terminated and ICT have agreed.

I would like to think that he has taken that decision because he feels he doesn't want to take wages knowing he wont make the deadline and that his thoughts are for the club that tried to help him. I see that as being an honest action to take and not, as Harry suggests, a slap in the face for ICT. He got injured working for the club and nobody at ICT, at Raigmore or, indeed, in Finland was able to predict his recovery time. It may well be that the lad never plays competitive football again. Whatever happens I'm sure we all wish him well in the future.

I would like to think that he has taken that decision because he feels he doesn't want to take wages knowing he wont make the deadline and that his thoughts are for the club that tried to help him. I see that as being an honest action to take and not, as Harry suggests, a slap in the face for ICT.

I tend to agree.

I see that as being an honest action to take and not, as Harry suggests, a slap in the face for ICT. He got injured working for the club and nobody at ICT, at Raigmore or, indeed, in Finland was able to predict his recovery time. It may well be that the lad never plays competitive football again. Whatever happens I'm sure we all wish him well in the future.

so do you expect him to request to be re-signed with the club once he has recovered from his injury??

or he could have requested to stay with the club but reject his wage while being injured if he felt that guilty

Most clubs have insurance for their players incase of injury so a proportion of the wage is covered, I doubt there would have been much guilt involved in his decision

can't believe some people on here are having a go at markus...the poor guy has had no luck with injuries, he has obviously decided it's best to resign from the club for whatever reason, i doubt it's for any reason other than the right one in his and the clubs mind.