FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Snow

MissICT

I wish we had your weather here Scotty....coz you get proper snow

Trust me, you do NOT want our weather (in winter at least). Its a nice idea until you actually have to drive in it or have to clear your driveway daily or spend 20 minutes scraping an inch of ice off the windscreen before you can drive to work !!!! Last year, in the space of 4 months we had a total of about 9 FEET of snow !!!

This looks quaint, calm and peaceful

post-2-1225198853_thumb.jpg

But this is the reality when you realise work doesnt grind to a halt because of snow !

post-2-1225198870_thumb.jpg

thought this was going to be an advert for illegal powders............then I remembered yon white cold stuff we used to get six foot of lasting three months of the year. Nowadays we get a hard frost and the whole country comes to a standstill.

hmmmm nope w aint got any snow here. had some thunder and lightning but no snow

mind you it is still 20 odd degrees

No .... but it is only 3 and feels like -3 because of winds

Spoke too soon .... we got a dusting last night, about an inch on the car this morning but nothing on the ground .... must have melted. As Glebe mentioned, Ottawa seems to have got the worst with a 15-25 cm dump in that area.

Guest couchpotato

I came in and overheard the wife commenting on the climate change to her mate on the phone, she say's it's been a while since she's seen more than a couple of inches.

• 2 months later...