FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is Blackie Injured?

davieB

Was he injured last night then?

I know he came off on Saturday, and seemed to be rubbing his shoulder again.

Yet according to MFR yesterday, we had a full squad to choose from, minus McGuire. No mention of Blackie being out. And there he was last night, on the pitch before the match having a kick about with the subs. Then he just stepped over the wall and came up and sat with his partner. He certainly didn't look injured.

IF he wasn't injured then that was a serious mistake by Brewter.....Blackie has been our one consistently good player this season. If he'd been on the park, then the Falkirk midfield wouldn't have got the acres of room they were getting most of the game.

So anyone know if was injured or dropped?

Yet according to MFR yesterday, we had a full squad to choose from, minus McGuire. No mention of Blackie being out. And there he was last night, on the pitch before the match having a kick about with the subs. Then he just stepped over the wall and came up and sat with his partner. He certainly didn't look injured.

IF he wasn't injured then that was a serious mistake by Brewter.....Blackie has been our one consistently good player this season. If he'd been on the park, then the Falkirk midfield wouldn't have got the acres of room they were getting most of the game.

Not what I hear, though still a wee bit sore, not sore enough Not to play, I believe he thought he would be in the squad, so what happened, yet to find out, when I do i'll let you know, and you are spot on we did miss him. Big time.

So my info was correct, has anyone read the DAILY MAIL page 117, this beggars belief, to quote the reporter, ""surprisingly dropped his fine form in the urrent campaign made his midwek exclusion all the more galling.""

Galling is not the word I would use, sheer madness or is it again that he cant stand Blackie, he is, one of the best we have he is a play maker, passes well, can read the game, for f--- s--- what are we doing, why is this happening, I am sitting here this morning, greeting my eyes oot, the frustrating thing is I can do nothing, we can do nothing, will he play him today, ? Yes I think so, not to play him is, for Brew, the biggest mistake of his career, ""Blacks futures far from certain""

why is this? again I say I told you so.

:thumb04:

So my info was correct, has anyone read the DAILY MAIL page 117, this beggars belief, to quote the reporter, ""surprisingly dropped his fine form in the urrent campaign made his midwek exclusion all the more galling.""

Galling is not the word I would use, sheer madness or is it again that he cant stand Blackie, he is, one of the best we have he is a play maker, passes well, can read the game, for f--- s--- what are we doing, why is this happening, I am sitting here this morning, greeting my eyes oot, the frustrating thing is I can do nothing, we can do nothing, will he play him today, ? Yes I think so, not to play him is, for Brew, the biggest mistake of his career, ""Blacks futures far from certain""

I agree , Blackies one of our best players in fact probably the best we've got , i really hope he signs new contract :rotflmao:

It looked to me like he was taken off against Well' with a shoulder problem, if he was played against Falkirk he could well of agravated the problem and make himself unavailable for the Rangers game.

I would prefer to see him at Ibrox fit and ready.

Why are you lot always looking for the controversy and conspiracy?

:thumb04:

I agree , Blackies one of our best players in fact probably the best we've got , i really hope he signs new contract :rotflmao:

I think we all agree, have you read the paper, to say I am gutted is putting it mildly, Brew neds to put his personal feelings aside and think of the team, can I say if I was him I would be thinking of myself and playing my best players, I am only there as long as I can produce the results.

It looked to me like he was taken off against Well' with a shoulder problem, if he was played against Falkirk he could well of agravated the problem and make himself unavailable for the Rangers game.

I would prefer to see him at Ibrox fit and ready.

Why are you lot always looking for the controversy and conspiracy?

Read the paper, even if it is paper talk and the reporter is mis quoting there is still an element of truth in it, I am not looking at this as a conspiracy or being contreversal, I am facing facts, read the interview and then say I am being contriversal.

Do you not think that newspapers try and stretch the truth a bit? a story about an internal feud will sell more copies than one telling the boring truth.

I couldn't agree more, you are spot on, However, the point I am making is there is ALWAYS an element of truth in what they are saying, and again the point I am making IS Blackie could have played on Tuesday, the question is would he have changed the result, A Huge Possibility, do we continue to be on the receiving end of Brews Ego or do we try to do something about it, again the question is what, I will say again, I believe, Brew may have what it takes to be a good manager, but his personal feelings MUST be left at the door when he enters ICT stadium, he also needs decent back up around him, the numpties he has are useless, whatever he feels about Blackie has to be put aside for the best of the team, a manager in whatever field, Has to be able to look past the insecurities he has, listen to advice, take it on board, and lets face it who better than the players themselves to tell him what is wrong, the decision at the end of the day, IS STILL HIS, I want him to take advice but make his own decisions, BUT NOT at the expense of OUR team. Blackie is a hot head, and lets face it we are missing that at the moment, he is passionate about what he does, good at it, and he tells it as it is, some will say it is because he is young, immature, well even if it is I dont know if I want that to change, the bottom line, end result, whatever you want to call it HE wasn't playing on Tuesday, and he should have been, and IT MIGHT have kept us in the cup< and IF playing today he might help us win or draw or be part of the loosing side, which ever way we need him like it or not. I wont be discussing this any further, I seem to be hitting a brick wall, and it is only my personal opinion, I only ask that the interview be read and people make up their own minds, and yes remembering that reporters will write what they feel will sell newspapers, but with a big hint of truth in it and that for me at least, is worrying.

Black is the kind of player who you'd need to shoot to put him down, and would play on through an injury if he possibly could....such is his desire to play. Sometimes a manager/coach has to step in and say no, because if they don't then there's a risk of causing longer term injury.

Nobody knows if that is the case or not, but Black has taken a couple of hard knocks in the last 3 or 4 games so it wouldn't surprise me if Brewster felt he could do without a midweek game to allow an extra couple of days for healing.

Certain (justifiable) doubts as to what Brewster is or isn't doing right and why exist, but I think that this one might just be grasping at straws a bit too much and like it or not, we have to give Brewster the benefit of the doubt on occasion, especially when there's ample evidence to suggest Black was missing from the squad for genuine reasons...i.e. recovering from the knocks he's sustained recently.

Black might disagree, we may disagree, but sometimes a manager has to make a tough call like this for the well being of the player and the long term benefit of the team. Missing Black against Falkirk wasn't ideal, but it would be worse for us to see him out for an extended period, especially when it could have been avoided. Can you imagine the uproar we'd have had if Black was carrying a knock and Brewster played him, only for it to be aggravated and Black to be out for weeks as a result?

I'm no fan of the way Brewster is running the team, but sometimes chit happens and he is forced to make decisions we don't like, but for the right reasons. I think this could well be one of those times.

Your summing up of Black , thats whats funny. Problem?

It's not my summing up of Black. Its what he brings to a 4 man midfield chasing the game. Contrary to the opinions of most, Black is not an attacking minded midfielder. He works best when he is the anchorman of a 5 man midfield, where he can boss the game as he see's fit. He always shows himself to the defenders, turns, and looks wide for Cowie/Imrie/Wilson. He has wonderful balance, and he plays the game at his pace, spreading the ball across the middle of the park. In games againts more talented opposition, he is frequently, if not always our best player. When played in a game where we should be the team on the front foot, he struggles, he is not a defence splitting passer of the ball, and he doesn't drive forward with the ball the way Cowie and Imrie do. IMO

Problem?

i completely agree chris123.

when chasing a game blackie isn't the type of player that will turn it around for us, he is a side to side and back player, not a forward pass in him, but that's not a bad thing we need players like blackie. its the likes of imirie, vigurs and cowie that can change a game for us with the assist of blackie. i think we rely on blackie too much. we didnt lose the game on tuesday just because blackie wasnt playing we lost it because brew got it wrong along with half the team plaing very under par. whether blackie was injured or not he cant play every single game otherwise he will just burn out.