FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster hits back at officials!

MissICT

Anyone read the highland news?

Found and interesting article on the back page. Final Brewster says something that I agree with!

He's saying that the officials have been making us drop points!

what do you all think about this!

Anyone read the highland news?

Found and interesting article on the back page. Final Brewster says something that I agree with!

He's saying that the officials have been making us drop points!

what do you all think about this!

If you had supplied a link to the article then I may have commented doh !!

Here are his midweek thoughts, from the official club site.

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1444824,00.html

"I feel we have been unlucky in recent weeks, we lost a goal against Motherwell which was never a free kick, we go out of the cup because of an offside goal and penalty decision not given. Whereas on Saturday we lose the first goal to a debatable free kick, we just hope these things even themselves out over the course of the season."

He makes good points and any team or person can have a ghastly run of luck where nothing seems to go right and when you are down that is when you get your next kick in the pants , etc.

However, if the team scores more goals than the other team then they win.

"reasons " for not winning are acceptable in the short term but not in the long term because by then a definite trend becomes established. :rotflmao:

C'mon the Caley Thistle.

The problem is we're utterly crap.

If you're good enough on the field, you don't need to whinge about one offside goal, you go and and create chances and pull back into the game. I guess the refs in the previous cup games must have been making things really difficult as well? :rotflmao:

I feel he has a point, they might even out over a season, but lately we have seen a number of very poor decisions from ref's that have had a bearing on a games result, of course we need to score more than the opposition, that goes without saying but it must be galling for a manger to see his team be victims of shyte refs poor calls week in week out.

Brewster blaming everyone but himself, who'd have thunk it?... :rotflmao:

Here's Munros thoughts: Link

Although admitting they were not nearly good enough against Rangers, Munro did say that people shouldn't forget the gulf in resources between the two clubs.

IMO this is more pish to the tune of: "We should just be thankful we're in the SPL and that's that."

A statement that includes that, suggests that folk expected something from Ibrox be it 1 point or 3. I can honestly say that I know of not one person who expected anything other than a decent effort and in the end, we didn't even get that. I have never criticised Munro as I believed him to be the right choice for the captaincy but that statement has earnt a black mark against his name from me. I'm not angry he decided to say it, just plain disappointed.

I would have had a lot more respect if someone had just come out and said something like this .....

"We were terrible, we got it wrong, and all of us - players and management alike - have to take some of the blame. Moving forward, we want to put this game behind us, learn from our mistakes and try to make sure it never happens again. The only saving grace - if there is one - is that this performance was against one of the OF and realistically, although we have snatched results from them before, we never "expect" points from these fixtures".

I would have had a lot more respect if someone had just come out and said something like this .....

"We were terrible, we got it wrong, and all of us - players and management alike - have to take some of the blame. Moving forward, we want to put this game behind us, learn from our mistakes and try to make sure it never happens again. The only saving grace - if there is one - is that this performance was against one of the OF and realistically, although we have snatched results from them before, we never "expect" points from these fixtures".

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

And while your right we cant realistically expect points it is the level of performance that irks people the most, when we lost at home to Celtic it wasnt all doom and gloom as the team performed as well as could be expected.

Everyone knows that the management and players got it wrong on Sat, put their hands up and say ok we got it totally wrong

And while your right we cant realistically expect points it is the level of performance that irks people the most, when we lost at home to Celtic it wasnt all doom and gloom as the team performed as well as could be expected.

You are bang on. When we played Celtic we lost. No-one called for anyone's head, no-one asked which players should be out the door in January, and why was that? It was because the team gave 100%, battled through the game and lost to the (arguably) better side on the day. On another day we might have won, or snuck a draw, but it didnt happen. Last week we basically laid down for Rangers and allowed them to do whatever they wanted. There was none of the heart, spirit or passion from the Celtic game and no apologies, just excuses. If we played every game like the Celtic game, we would be a lot higher up the table and win or lose we would be able to write screeds of positivity about our team ........

You are bang on. When we played Celtic we lost. No-one called for anyone's head, no-one asked which players should be out the door in January, and why was that? It was because the team gave 100%, battled through the game and lost to the (arguably) better side on the day. On another day we might have won, or snuck a draw, but it didnt happen. Last week we basically laid down for Rangers and allowed them to do whatever they wanted. There was none of the heart, spirit or passion from the Celtic game and no apologies, just excuses. If we played every game like the Celtic game, we would be a lot higher up the table and win or lose we would be able to write screeds of positivity about our team ........

Who'd have thought it, our Brew turning into the consummate politician? There's so much spin in that press conference that I feel like I've just got off the Waltzer - queasy, disappointed and with no appetite for another go. The journalists must have stronger stomachs than I, because I hear they just found it amusing.

I'm probably hallucinating but I recall this same guy saying that league position doesn't lie and that, to a degree, you make your own luck. Still, it's easier to blame the officials than the strike force which you, personally, hand-picked and which, after months under your guidance and tutelage, couldn't hit a bloody barn door.

I accept Scotty's 'lack of effort' above BUT the rest being surprised at the result is a load of nonsense.

Look at the prediction league offerings, by our own knowledgeable fans, very few predicted a draw never mind a win and the winning score was even predicted. Be fair, we were all expecting to be done over but hoping for a wee result, I predicted a draw with my heart, not my head!!

I accept Scotty's 'lack of effort' above BUT the rest being surprised at the result is a load of nonsense.

Look at the prediction league offerings, by our own knowledgeable fans, very few predicted a draw never mind a win and the winning score was even predicted. Be fair, we were all expecting to be done over but hoping for a wee result, I predicted a draw with my heart, not my head!!

Did you read the article? It's as much about Brew bemoaning dodgy refereeing in the 'Well and Bairns games as the 5-0 humping. It happens, but scoring goals stops it from mattering. That doesn't seem to have registered with grey'ead.