FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Red or Black?

Kirishima

Having heard several different versions I am a little confused. Are we broke or do we have a transfer kitty?

Does anybody know for example how much money ICT get from Setanta/Season ticket holders/Sponsorship and Advertising and if this is more or less than ICT wage bill etc?

The SPL accountants say we operate with "no debt" although that is probably down to the generous benefactor. Did Marius's transfer give us lots of moolah?

If the housing crisis caused our generous benefactor to cut back would we survive handsomely or, well, the opposite?

Generally, our outgoings are could be as much as a few hundred thousand pounds a year greater than our income. Which is not good.

In recent seasons we have been able to cover these cash losses by getting a windfall from somewhere, in the form of:

- a good, lucrative cup run

- selling off our most valuable players (in recent seasons Brown, Rankin, Niculae, and best of all Brewster as manager)

- a shareholder injecting further funds.

None of these windfalls seem likely to arise this season, which means we will have to cut our cloth accordingly. So there is little money for transfer fees, or for paying off the management team.

The main expenditure must be wages, for playing and non-playing. If Setanta, season tickets, advertising, sponsorship and league money cant cover that then that is a problem, no?

Surely wages at the club dont exceed all the above income sources?

It's not just players wages but other staff as well as all the othersorts of overheads any busuiness has. On top of that football clubs have substantial bills for policing and stewarding.

Generally speaking, given the size of our gates, it's a constant struggle to break even. It's been done in the past through transfer money, compensation for parting managers (not very likely this time), SKY Scottish Cup matches and the like. In past seasons in the SPL we've also had decent bonus money for respectable league finishing places (again not likely this time).

Unless we go on a run to at least the Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup and get a couple of live TV games on the way, we're likely to post another loss this financial year despite getting Marius off the wage bill.

I don't have figures to hand but we still have money in the bank and could probably survive a loss the same as last year again without hitting the red. So, things not as bad as some might have you believe, but could easily and quickly get that way if we can't match last seasons income at the very least.

Shurely - the Savage verus Sutherland battle has been a major cause of our financial problems - let the Marius deal be known NOW - let the petty boardroom wrangle and its financial iplications be known NOW.

Stop our Board hiding the facts and let the public know the truth.

BRING BACK SAVAGE

As Alan P would say, thats a hot potato, catch!

Is there nowhere where we can see some figures.

I have already seen the yearly financial summary but that has no detail.

Under Freedom of Information etc, can we see things like setanta money, cup money, league money etc?

Also, the wage bill must be public knowledge no? ICT is a PLC, then surely it accounts are open?

Last season the club ran at a loss. If I remember correctly, from the accounts, there is around ?250k in the bank so we are in the black. For this year what money there is from Niculae plus tv enhancements plus the money from the excellent run we will have in the Scottish cup will be reflected in next years accounts.

Perhaps we may even manage to sell a player come january to boost the coffers.

Wages and matchday costs are the biggest expenditure for any football team. Looking at the hoardings around the stadium I'd say we've increased our sponsorship. So all in all we're probably ok.

As Alan P would say, thats a hot potato, catch!

Is there nowhere where we can see some figures.

I have already seen the yearly financial summary but that has no detail.

Under Freedom of Information etc, can we see things like setanta money, cup money, league money etc?

Also, the wage bill must be public knowledge no? ICT is a PLC, then surely it accounts are open?

ICT is a Private Limited Company. They provide, to shareholders, a breakdown of accounts but dont have to detail where every penny came from or went to. Generally only the accountants and account auditors see such detailed information.

Jesus Alex - do you really think that in the long-term that would be most financially prudent thing to do?

We have to take a financial risk this year and reject any January offers for Blackie or Cowie as they could be the difference between staying up and going down.

Jesus Alex - do you really think that in the long-term that would be most financially prudent thing to do?

We have to take a financial risk this year and reject any January offers for Blackie or Cowie as they could be the difference between staying up and going down.

With the fanbase we have we need to be a selling club to survive.

I see. so 250k seems to be the common denominator.

ICT owe Tullochs about 1.3m (although im sure that is not really a loan that will ever be repaid) However, with current economic climates as they are, housing markets and so on, one never knows. If ICT benefactors were to pull the plug it would be Gretna-like dire straits. Again, cant ever see it happening, but never thought my bank, HBOS,was in trouble either.

Positives- ICT has no major debt, not like Hearts or Gretna, Tullochs is a pretty big company insulated from current goings on, and the honcho is ICT through and through. Setanta is going from strength to strength, and will continue to do so as we enter the compulsory digital age.

Negatives - Flybe hopefully wont follow XL or Zoom, no sponsors at West Brom and West Ham is unusual. Falling attendances arent helping. due to tightening belts/poor performances. Poor cup run and league position could hurt if the squad isnt strengthened. Credit crunch could affect overdrafts, further cutting into transfer budget. Setanta may see a fall in subscribers as people tighten belts.

Overall, i think that things are ok financially once we are informed about the ins and outs of Niculaes money. But i think that there is no more money to come from Tullochs, as they are having their toughest time ever, thus that 250k may need to be set aside for emergencies. A new sponsor may be harder to come by if the recession hits harder.

i dont think there will be much spending in January, maybe 50k

I won't argue with that Alex, but if we're in the bottom three in January then we must hold onto our best players to keep us up - even that means losing them for nothing at the end of the season. The 50-100 grand bids that we can expect for Blackie and Cowie are a drop in the ocean compared to the loss of income that relegation would bring.

Shurely - the Savage verus Sutherland battle has been a major cause of our financial problems - let the Marius deal be known NOW - let the petty boardroom wrangle and its financial iplications be known NOW.

BRING BACK SAVAGE

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

I won't argue with that Alex, but if we're in the bottom three in January then we must hold onto our best players to keep us up - even that means losing them for nothing at the end of the season. The 50-100 grand bids that we can expect for Blackie and Cowie are a drop in the ocean compared to the loss of income that relegation would bring.

It may be better to take the hit now and get some funds, it looks like either way we could be heading back to Dingwall again next season unless we get rid of Mr Ego

BRING BACK SAVAGE

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

Now you are beginning to appreciate sarcasm. ;) :018: