FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

lose

tm4tj

Practically everybody is at it now. I can't take anymore. The word loose is in use more than the word lose. ICT will lose the game at home. Brewsters coat is on a loose peg. And lose is difinitely correct, yes thats right, definitely correct, which means that loose is the wrong word to use as is definately. Loose noose. Theres a moose loose about the hoose.

thank you.

I think you could well be right that it is THE most misspelled word, but as I have a total mental block when it comes to Their, There and They're then I'm not best placed to be criticising anyone. In fact, I am so concious of my failings on this one that I often reconstruct sentences so as I don't need to use them. I've had it explained a 1000 times and I can tell you the proper use for each....I just can't get the fingers to comply when typing.

I think you could well be right that it is THE most misspelled word, but as I have a total mental block when it comes to Their, There and They're then I'm not best placed to be criticising anyone. In fact, I am so concious of my failings on this one that I often reconstruct sentences so as I don't need to use them. I've had it explained a 1000 times and I can tell you the proper use for each....I just can't get the fingers to comply when typing.

Yes,CD, I've been too polite to point out your failings in the their/there/they're department. I suggest that once you've typed the dreaded word, that you always change it to one of the other two. That way you will have a 50% chance of being right, as, currently you always seem to get it wrong!

Maybe this sentence will help :

They're (as in they are) going to put their (as in belonging to them) rubbish in the bin over there (as in a place).

• 2 weeks later...

Manfer --are you losing it?

Trust you to bring in the Canadian references. I have replaced my pet moose with a reindeer courtesy of hie Royal Red Highness.

When I told my young girl friends that you were a loose man they all wanted to clamber for your email address.

:rotflmao: Lucky Man-fer. Ha!

Guest Spectre

Practically everybody is at it now. I can't take anymore. The word loose is in use more than the word lose. ICT will lose the game at home. Brewsters coat is on a loose peg. And lose is difinitely correct, yes thats right, definitely correct, which means that loose is the wrong word to use as is definately. Loose noose. Theres a moose loose about the hoose.

thank you.

Looser.

loos, bogs, urinals, heads (for the canadian mafia), bathrooms (for the staff at work who don't go to the toilet), toilets, crappers, sh1tters, etc..

Point being, at no point is there an apostrophe for a plural.

A bit too pedantic, even for me. :thumb04:

Just dawned on me Alex (the sun isn't even up yet so give me a break) you can only be in a loo or toilet or crapper, not loos unless you are God (cue scary religious music) and omnipresent, in which case you can do what the **** you want. :rotflmao: