FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline Finished?

SMEE

The money due to HMRC is the least of their problems to be honest.  It accounts for only about £134k of a total debt in the region of £8.5M.

As most of that is owed to Directors etc, then they will be desperate to avoid liquidation as they'll lose the lot....if they haven't already.  However, it's very difficult to see how they could trade their way out of trouble with that level of debt, so it would seem fairly inevitable.

Be interesting to see if they do go to the wall...and restart as a newco, if they are allowed to keep everything the same and even their history and honours as Rangers did

If Dunfermline Athletic go into liquidation there will be no newco as there is no seperation between club and business like at Oldco Rangers. But someone could buy up the assetts and start a new club based at East End Park but the history and honours of the old club would not be transferable.

I hope it doesn't have to come to this and the club can recover.

Dunfermline is not in the same situation as Rangers was. Yes they owe the taxman but I think someone will come along and pay that bill. The rest of their debt, as CaleyD says, is loans given by people close to the club. What the club really needs to survive is for Yorkston to cut his losses and hand over control to the Lieshman syndicate or a buyer willing to take on the debt. If that doesnt happen then I believe they will die. Someone may start a new club in Dunfermline but it wont start as a Scottish league club. It wont be a newco. Instead I feel that if those owed monies decide to pursue their claim the grounds will be sold off. Probably to put a few new houses there.

Personally I think it would be very sad if Dunfermline FC disappears.

If Dunfermline Athletic go into liquidation there will be no newco as there is no seperation between club and business like at Oldco Rangers. But someone could buy up the assetts and start a new club based at East End Park but the history and honours of the old club would not be transferable.

I hope it doesn't have to come to this and the club can recover.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad indeed. Good luck.....I think you will need it. Dunfermline was always a good day out with the best pies in Scottish Football.

Who is next I wonder?

Ask not for whom the bell tolls ?

It tollls for thee - John Donne