SACK THE BOARD

TopSix

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

er - I think that's what I said.  It's the same statement.  But what the statement does not do is to to say that the Board has given its backing to Foran although the headline suggests it does.

Agree and normally the devil is in the detail and we are not privy to that!!!!

The difference in referring to a special meeting, compared to a standard weekly Board Meeting, as being highly suggestive of  the fact that the  members of the Board are wanting a decision to be finally made about firing him (or finding another position for him within the club) is like suggesting that they have never previously communicated and discussed the whole issue between each other prior to this point.  Which is really rather ridiculous.  Right this minute it evidences as much indecision and severe hand-wringing as much as anything.

And, if they did have this special meeting,  they would most certainly have to have another manager's name in front of them on which to make a decision  wouldn't they? After all, they can't sack Richie if they have no one  to put in his place? IF they did have this other potential Manager agreeing to take over  what incentives did they offer him to do this? On that point it does seem likely that there are few really attractive things on offer though? 

Therefore, if they did have a special meeting we might  reasonably conclude that they were  finally very seriously about to make a decision as to whether to release him or keep him on. But  the absence of that at this point might equally suggest  that they are still desperately hankering to find a way out of sacking him or changing his duties from Manager to ...what?  And, if they do fire Richie, who are they going to put in his place? John Hughes? That's the $60,000 question and no mistake.

This Board seem to be in a cleft stick type of situation in which they have a very unenviable decision to make and it has to be be taken sooner rather than later. And drifting to the end of the season without having made it Is as possible as the reverse and could be fatal for the future progress of ICT. Clinging on in the Premiership might well happen but what about next season and the one after that? 

12 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

The difference in referring to a special meeting, compared to a standard weekly Board Meeting, as being highly suggestive of  the fact that the  members of the Board are wanting a decision to be finally made about firing him (or finding another position for him within the club) is like suggesting that they have never previously communicated and discussed the whole issue between each other prior to this point.  Which is really rather ridiculous.  Right this minute it evidences as much indecision and severe hand-wringing as much as anything.

And, if they did have this special meeting,  they would most certainly have to have another manager's name in front of them on which to make a decision  wouldn't they? After all, they can't sack Richie if they have no one  to put in his place? IF they did have this other potential Manager agreeing to take over  what incentives did they offer him to do this? On that point it does seem likely that there are few really attractive things on offer though? 

Therefore, if they did have a special meeting we might  reasonably conclude that they were  finally very seriously about to make a decision as to whether to release him or keep him on. But  the absence of that at this point might equally suggest  that they are still desperately hankering to find a way out of sacking him or changing his duties from Manager to ...what?  And, if they do fire Richie, who are they going to put in his place? John Hughes? That's the $60,000 question and no mistake.

This Board seem to be in a cleft stick type of situation in which they have a very unenviable decision to make and it has to be be taken sooner rather than later. And drifting to the end of the season without having made it Is as possible as the reverse and could be fatal for the future progress of ICT. Clinging on in the Premiership might well happen but what about next season and the one after that? 

It's not that long ago we had Duncan and Kel in temp charge.  Tho they must be ok what they do, Brian Rice is probably the best and cheapest temp ootion. I would do it now but the board have stuck their heads in the sand so they must face the financial cost of relegation and either get thir hands into their pockets or resign.

• Agree 1

On 12/04/2017 at 4:40 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

Certainly a defined and effective statement or indeed rallying call aimed at focusing minds in the face of desperate danger would be beneficial and very probably overdue. The main problem is that in terms of delivering it, Winston Churchill has been dead for over 50 years! To continue that analogy, this is like when the Germans were continually bombing the airfields during the Battle of Britain. One can only hope that Hamilton and/or Motherwell do Inverness a favour and make mistakes such as bombing London instead. One or two Churchillian exhortations wouldn't go wrong either though.

Quite frankly, there aren't too many options left now and you can analyse what did, or didn't, happen in the past until you're blue in the face but it won't make one iota of difference. The ONLY options that remain are those which will maximise the points take between now and the end of the season - especially in the three games against Hamilton and Motherwell. I also believe that a certain sector of the Inverness fans need to take a look at themselves in all this. Constant undermining of players and management in various ways, including booing at matches, will have done nothing to boost confidence and morale. This is without doubt a "perfect storm" scenario where a number of adverse factors have conspired together but the reaction and to be blunt, the Holier Than Thou self-righteousness of SOME fans has most definitely contributed.

True that most fans of other clubs would clap there idols of after a 0-3 humping at home NOT

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

It's not that long ago we had Duncan and Kel in temp charge.  Tho they must be ok what they do, Brian Rice is probably the best and cheapest temp ootion. I would do it now but the board have stuck their heads in the sand so they must face the financial cost of relegation and either get thir hands into their pockets or resign.

Rumour has it that some did resign this week at the routine meeting !

regarding hands into pockets unlikely as no sugar daddy at our club unlike County who had another £800k written off in latest accounts

2 hours ago, rocky1 said:

regarding hands into pockets unlikely as no sugar daddy at our club unlike County who had another £800k written off in latest accounts

Sugar daddies are great while they are there but when the plug is pulled, the consequences are devastating. You just have to look at Gretna, Rangers and Nairn County to name but three. It isn't sustainable. I must also say again that I find this expectation that directors and wealthy people should be expected to subsidise loss making football clubs. The root cause of the problem is that players just about everywhere are paid more - often far, far more - than their realistic market rate.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Sugar daddies are great while they are there but when the plug is pulled, the consequences are devastating. You just have to look at Gretna, Rangers and Nairn County to name but three. It isn't sustainable. I must also say again that I find this expectation that directors and wealthy people should be expected to subsidise loss making football clubs. The root cause of the problem is that players just about everywhere are paid more - often far, far more - than their realistic market rate.

So a future of part time players at ICTFC? 

4 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Rumour has it that some did resign this week at the routine meeting !

Yes and they've brought back the psychotherapist who helped them win the old 1st Division in 2010. May be he can psyche up the players enough to go on a winning run until the end of the season and overhaul Dundee by 12 points again. Positive thinking or am I dreaming? 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Row S said:

Yes and they've brought back the psychotherapist who helped them win the old 1st Division in 2010. May be he can psyche up the players enough to go on a winning run until the end of the season and overhaul Dundee by 12 points again. Positive thinking or am I dreaming? 

Can the fans get access to psychotherapy too? I'm in need of a good dose of positivity too!:crazy:

On 12/04/2017 at 7:10 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

Interestingly, STV made no reference at all to the club's statement on their 6pm sport bulletin.

Only Interesting to someone with a not so hidden agenda 

Those that abide in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Dougal

7 hours ago, Row S said:

Well, it can't do any harm and, in our current situation, anything that gives us even the slightest edge is worth trying.

17 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Our fortunes will change today just watch.

When you think of the goal scoring capabilities of 8+ of the players picked for the team and the new found strength in defence then you may well be right.

Jeepers were you guys all at the phsycotherapy session too.:amazed: Positivety is fine but it's tactics we need for 6 boring one nil wins and I'm not convinced the board / RF has grasped that point. Hoping I'm wrong, starting today. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, rebelwithoutaclue said:

Jeepers were you guys all at the phsycotherapy session too.:amazed: Positivety is fine but it's tactics we need for 6 boring one nil wins and I'm not convinced the board / RF has grasped that point. Hoping I'm wrong, starting today. 

Totally agree, Rebelwithoutaclue. Correct team and formation. Nick a goal and shut up shop. Only problem is, I don't think anybody has a scooby what our best team and formation are. Billy Mckay is allegedly injured too, which is another spanner in the works.

Will be interesting to see how the club word the forthcoming statement on the director resignation which followed Wednesday's board meeting, which obviously had nothing whatsoever to do with discussing the manager's future.....

Raging. Here it is on the line: I will not be going back to TCS until our amateur manager is punted. Nor will I renew my season ticket. Time after time this season he's selected bizarre lineups and left decent players on the bench nd hor out of position. We have looked a total shambles organisation-wise for months with an unbelievable array of "formations". No wonder the players look confused! Remind me how many games we've won with Draper, Tansey and Vigurs across the midfield...none. The only time we've looked anywhere near half decent was with Polworth in the hole, Draper and Tansey holding and with pace out wide. And yet you can count on one hand how many times we've used that formation. What about Fisher? All that time we were struggling for a striker and he never got a look in? He's looked half decent whenever I've seen him. Sticking with the likes of Vigurs and Warren regardless of form has killed us and that is all down to Foran.

Gutless board at ITCFC - are you listening? People will lose their jobs either way, but I'd prefer it to be Foran than hardworking backroom staff.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 3