FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Replacement

ICTBTTH

When brewster does finally decide he aint up to the job who would you like to replace him.

I think maybe Terry Butcher or Maurice Malpas.

Thoughts?

Butcher= good shout! Rioch? Jimmy Nicol? Billy Dodds? Ally McCoist? Robbo?

Rioch - Is this the same Bruce Rioch who was one time Arsenal manager and manage a team in the Champions League about 6 weeks ago? It's never going to be him.

Nicol - Could be a good shout but I think he would be happy to stay with the Dons.

Dodds - No way

McCoist - He's next for the Rangers job

Nicholl has said only the NI job would split up his partnership with Calderwood.

No way for Dodds. Can't stand him as a pundit. Let alone potential manager and Malpas would be worse than Brewster.

Bruce Rioch, Craig Brown, may'be Paul Lambert. I know his record at Livingston was poor but his record at Wycombe was pritty good.

Really don't want Robbo back. We can't keep going back it is being proved right now. Somone new has to be brought in, someone never associated with us before.

Lambert is only newly in a job.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One argument often used against Brewster was that he failed at Dundee utd.

John Robertson has failed at Hearts, Livingston and Derry City. The Ross County fans weren't enamoured with him but he was only there a few months. I also recall that fans would regularly complain about the **** football we played under Robbo, despite us winning the league etc.

To be honest, I'd rather have him back most of the names on this thread. Kevin MacDonald would be a great appointment but is he not assistant manager of the Republic of Ireland? Might not fancy giving up two jobs to take one, especially one that could end with us in real relegation trouble.

Why did Robbo fail at Hearts? Coz he walked rather than take Romanov? Was Burley a failure too then? Thought he did pretty well at Derry too. The main gripe appeared to be that he was away too long looking after his terminally ill mother. Look where they started, look where they finished.

Kevin McDonald would be good, I would imagine Martin O'Neils enthusiasm has rubbed of on him too,IF he wants a pay cut.

Do you want a manager who reads the game well, gets the best out of the individual players, motivates the team and has a good eye for signing undervalued players in the transfer market. Looks like Robbo then.

Butcher would be good but he and Burley would have to be sacked from their current posts first.which would not be good either.

Mcoist likes to be Mr popular, I cant ever see him being a manager of any team and will stay where he is for as long as possible. Managers have to get used to taking a lot of stick and I don't think he could take it.

Anyway we already have a manager.

Right now probably John Robertson. Was a breath of fresh air on the Forum here recently. Surely there would also be a place for Barry Wilson too?

Robbo could then secure the Managership at the end of the season if he did well.

How could he do worse? The only way is up. A couple of encouraging draws followed by several wins on the trot would be the bees knees right now.

Eh? :rotflmao:

onistly john aint the man for the job

he f*cks up other clubs now we dont want him to f*ck up ict

barry should take over :rotflmao:

then bring on top 6

:thumb04:

Name one club Robbo has fecked up!

I would certainly like to see Barry in a coaching role at the club but I think now may be just a little too early for him to take the tiller.

Get someone new. Stevie Frail, Gary McCallister. Don't buy into all this crap of getting in an "old" manager.

If the board do get Robbo back I hope it is on a temporary basis until the end of the season only with a view to a more permanent contract thereafter. Would be interesting to see how the players would react to Robbo, although I am sure it would be a more positive reaction to him than Brew.

Get someone new. Stevie Frail, Gary McCallister. Don't buy into all this crap of getting in an "old" manager.

If the board do get Robbo back I hope it is on a temporary basis until the end of the season only with a view to a more permanent contract thereafter. Would be interesting to see how the players would react to Robbo, although I am sure it would be a more positive reaction to him than Brew.

Robbo is highly thought of by the players.

I do believe that Robbo would quickly resolve any reported issues in the dressing room. He is respected by the players. I also think he might have the pulling power to get us some decent January signings and hopefully hang onto Blackie (may be too late for this one) and Cowie.

Give him until the end of the season and see where we are then. We need a good cup run and I think Robbo and Barry might just give us that. Right now I am very worried about the Partick Thistle game and they will be more than up for it given our home form. It's no secret that Barry would love to get to a cup final with ICT, this just might be a chance to realise this dream, even if it's not on the park. He could extend his playing contract if there was a change of manager, but I would like to see him in a coaching role.

I do believe that Robbo would quickly resolve any reported issues in the dressing room. He is respected by the players. I also think he might have the pulling power to get us some decent January signings and hopefully hang onto Blackie (may be too late for this one) and Cowie.

Give him until the end of the season and see where we are then. We need a good cup run and I think Robbo and Barry might just give us that. Right now I am very worried about the Partick Thistle game and they will be more than up for it given our home form. It's no secret that Barry would love to get to a cup final with ICT, this just might be a chance to realise this dream, even if it's not on the park. He could extend his playing contract if there was a change of manager, but I would like to see him in a coaching role.

Has he not already got his eye on a few players for "his next job". :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I'd like to see Jim Duffy given a chance. He'd get respect within the dressing room, he's got experience of managing clubs in the bottom half and he's got good tactical awareness!

This is the problem the board face - where are the obvious replacements? It's clear Brewster has to go and that he's lost the dressing room, but I'm not at all optimistic about us geting a good replacement.

Gordon Chisolm didn't do well at Dundee Utd and I doubt he'd be keen on coming north anyway - he's effectively relocated QoS to Glasgow apart from match-days. Stevie Frail did OK at Hearts in difficult circumstances but he also knew the club inside out, was devoted to it and had the trust of the players. Ian McCall I actually think is a good manager at First Division level, but he doesn't have the self-discipline to do it in SPL, IMHO: on the Monday after the first day of the season, I passed him having a fag outside the Elephant and Bugle - possibly the least salubrious pub on Maryhill Road - at 1 pm. I'd expect our manager to still have the players in training at that time.

Despite scorning the idea at first, I've been persuaded by talking to a couple of others that Craig Brown could do a decent job, at least in the short term. He's the sort of manager who would put an arm around the players and boost their confidence but also command respect; he should be able to improve the defence, based on his past record; his name and reputation might attract players to the club; and he would be a good mentor for a potential longer-term candidate such as Barry Wilson or Charlie Christie, were either asked to work alongside him. I don't think the football we would play under him would be the most exciting, and I don't necessarily think he's the man who could take us to the next level, but at the moment we are in crisis and the priority is staying at this level. I expect this suggestion to get shot down in flames, but I'm standing by it.

If Robbo were to get the job, he would have my absolute support, and I know how much he cares about the club, but I can't help thinking, as I said when Brewster came back, that managers returning to former clubs almost never works out.

AIDY BOOTHROYD!! I've said him so many times already but no one is taking notice. He is the perfect manager for us. Young ambitious, proven to be an excellent manager, friendly, works well with the fans and wages wouldn't be too much of an issue.

isnt he the fave to take over at Leeds Utd?

AIDY BOOTHROYD!! I've said him so many times already but no one is taking notice. He is the perfect manager for us. Young ambitious, proven to be an excellent manager, friendly, works well with the fans and wages wouldn't be too much of an issue.

From Wiki: The good start could not be sustained and a poor run of form in second half of the season saw Boothroyd coming in for criticism from supporters for his team selections, direct style of play and dealings in the transfer market. One win in thirteen going into the last game of the season saw Watford in danger of missing out altogether on a play off spot but a 1?1 draw against Blackpool was enough to secure sixth place on goal difference ahead of Wolverhampton Wanderers

Seems to me there's a lot of similarities between Boothroyd and what we've got.

A few people have mentioned Barry Wilson for manager.

What evidence are they basing this on?

Wilson was a great player, arguably our best ever player. That does not mean though that he will make a good manager, take Brewster for example - great player, shockingly bad manager.

I still think that SPL management should be earned and not handed to someone on a plate (CC,Brew(twice)).