FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Replacement

ICTBTTH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When brewster does finally decide he aint up to the job who would you like to replace him.

I think maybe Terry Butcher or Maurice Malpas.

Thoughts?

Malpas is just as bad, he proved that at Motherwell, I would quite happily take Robbo back.

When brewster does finally decide he aint up to the job who would you like to replace him.

I think maybe Terry Butcher or Maurice Malpas.

Thoughts?

Butcher= good shout! Rioch? Jimmy Nicol? Billy Dodds? Ally McCoist? Robbo?

Rioch - Is this the same Bruce Rioch who was one time Arsenal manager and manage a team in the Champions League about 6 weeks ago? It's never going to be him.

Nicol - Could be a good shout but I think he would be happy to stay with the Dons.

Dodds - No way

McCoist - He's next for the Rangers job

No way for Dodds. Can't stand him as a pundit. Let alone potential manager and Malpas would be worse than Brewster.

Bruce Rioch, Craig Brown, may'be Paul Lambert. I know his record at Livingston was poor but his record at Wycombe was pritty good.

Really don't want Robbo back. We can't keep going back it is being proved right now. Somone new has to be brought in, someone never associated with us before.

Edited by ajsict92

Robbo would be, IMHO, 'the' ideal replacement.

He lead us to the SPL, had a great season leading to his departure and was doing well at hearts before mad vlad stuck his nose in. His times at Livi, Derry and County weren't as good but he didnt have the resources and time he had at the other two aformentioned clubs.

For him to come back would be excellent. A fans fave, an self-confessed ICT fan and someone who would have almost instantanious repect in the dressing room. He has been on these forums stating how he ran the club when he was here, and the structure was far more solid than that of our current management team.

He is a mans man, a genuine guy and open and honest as much as he can be within constraints of club/spl/legal terms. Something we have been waiting for at ICT since his departure.

He would work very closely with CC/BW/Parky as his assistant. All 3 have great respect in and out of ICT circles.

Anyone new would not have time to dig us out of the hole we are in in time to keep us alive, especially with the rumoured departures of Black and Cowie (and possibly others). Reason being they would need a couple of weeks to look at the teams training schedules, performances on the park, their individual work ethics and therefore not much time to poach players in the transfer window - some of our current targets may be gone by then should they wih to persue them.

Anyone new would not have time to dig us out of the hole we are in in time to keep us alive, especially with the rumoured departures of Black and Cowie (and possibly others). Reason being they would need a couple of weeks to look at the teams training schedules, performances on the park, their individual work ethics and therefore not much time to poach players in the transfer window - some of our current targets may be gone by then should they wih to persue them.

Spot on Jnr... :rotflmao:

My first choice would be Gordon Chisholm but if we were not able to secure him for whatever reason how about John Robertson with Charlie Christie as assistant ?

I know Charlie resigned due to the pressure of being the front line manager but he showed great potential as a coach in leading us to our best ever SPL finish. Robbo has shown that he has no problem in handling the pressure side of things. A duo with some potential surely.

It's starting to become apparent that brewster doesn't have what it takes to fix the problems with the team, ideally we'd want someone to come in with a bit of charisma and some new ideas to freshen the place up. Our current form is as bad as the run of results that preceded the resignation of Charlie Christie.

Can anyone honestly say we've made progress since brewster came back? I don't think so. The average age of our first team has decreased, fitness levels have improved, but that's about it.

Those calling for a 'total clearout from top to bottom' are fools. I don't think we're that far off being a good team, our problems are mainly psychological and tactical. We have a very talented young squad (brew deserves some credit for signing imrie, rooney and esson, and promoting vigurs, sutherland and duff) with lots of potential. Yes we are crying out for an experienced defender / striker and a new home system, but wholesale changes to our playing squad are not required IMHO.

For whatever reason (motivation, communication, tactics, organization, training etc) the current manager simply isn't getting the best out of our players and as a team ICT are playing far beneath the level they have shown they are capable of in spells in the recent past.

Ian Mcall, Mauris Malpas, Billy Stark, Craig Brown, Paul Lambert, Sandy Clarke and Jimmy Nichol are all absolutly useless and shouldn't even be on the radar sceen quite frankly. If anything they would take us backwards!

John Robertson knows the side well and would be an instant hit with the vast majority of fans so I think he's the most sensible option. Ideally I'd like to see Steve Paterson back as I think he's a far more talented manager than Robbo, but with his recent personal problems I doubt he will be considered unfortunatly.

Kevin McDonald? Reserve team coach at Villa (born and brought up in Inverness)

He's out of our league wage wise.

Spot on Jnr... :rotflmao:

I concur.

But what's a mans man? I thought Brew was one. :thumb04: