FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foreign players

Yngwie

We fielded 5 foreign players yesterday which must be a record for us.

I'm struggling to think if we had previously ever played as many as 3 in a game.

Yes I think that would have been the record yesterday, we might even manage to put together our all time top foreign team made from players past and present now!

I'm struggling to think if we had previously ever played as many as 3 in a game.

Cameroon, Latvia, Portugal, Canada, Ireland and France makes that six Foreign nationals.

Djebi-Zadi wasn't on the field the same time as Hastings though.

Guest aldalzz

Cameroon, Latvia, Portugal, Canada, Ireland and France makes that six Foreign nationals.

Djebi-Zadi wasn't on the field the same time as Hastings though.

you trying to say that djebi-zadi was playing football lol, thats like saying brewster is tactically astute. the boy was on the pitch thats all you could say, mind you tokelys been doing that for years, roy mcbain was on fine form though.

9 Nationalities representing ICT in a single game and not an Englishman in sight :rotflmao:

One question though....are we losing our "identity"?

We've always taken pride in the fact that we've had a team of predominantly Scottish Players and have probably fielded more "all Scottish" line-ups in the past 15 years than anyone else (supposition, I have no facts to back it up and willing to be corrected).

Does the influx of foreign players bother anyone from that point of view, or is it a case of whoever can do the job to take us forward?

Personally, so long as the backbone of the club remains Scottish and we don't go down the road of ignoring more local talent for imported players as a matter of course, I'm not overly concerned. I want the best for the team, and if we have to look further afield for that from time to time, then fine.

6 it is, I'd just forgotten that Rooney came on.

9 Nationalities representing ICT in a single game and not an Englishman in sight :rotflmao:

We've always taken pride in the fact that we've had a team of predominantly Scottish Players and have probably fielded more "all Scottish" line-ups in the past 15 years than anyone else (supposition, I have no facts to back it up and willing to be corrected).

Does the influx of foreign players bother anyone from that point of view, or is it a case of whoever can do the job to take us forward?

Personally, so long as the backbone of the club remains Scottish and we don't go down the road of ignoring more local talent for imported players as a matter of course, I'm not overly concerned. I want the best for the team, and if we have to look further afield for that from time to time, then fine.

I suppose the odd thing is that we have had more home grown players come through over the past 12 months than at any other time in the clubs history (e.g. Wood, Vigurs, Duff) coinciding with an influx of foreign players.

I would suggest that this shows that it is incredibly hard to transfer in Scottish players from other clubs due to various reasons (one of which is geography). I know from personal experience that it is easier to convince people from outwith Scotland to move up here (including people from south of the border).

I know what your trying to say CaleyD, but i think that in a way trying to maintain a Scottish Identity has been a problem for us IMO. Scottish Players havent really been setting the football world on fire in recent years, so i think our recent additions is the right way in order to compete with other SPL teams, as long as ICT dont start fielding an all foreign team

I think our board has has a "keep it local" mentality of recent years, which im sure you will agree is football suicide..Sorry but you cant compete on a national stage with a local team.

We do seem to have a good crop of youngsters ( Wood, Duff, Vigurs) and these guys have proven their good enough to compete for their place

anyway i dont want to turn this post into a negative thread...on to Hamilton for a badly needed league win

Edited by BornCaley

I couldn't care less about the nationalityof our players, as long as they can actually play.

Exactly

there are too many people these days complaining about too many foreigners playing for british clubs

they should actually be respected they are leaving there home land that they are use to and there familes and learn different languages to do what they want in life, to play football so it is hard enough for them to do that. People giving them abuse for there colour or whatever is the last thing they need.

WOW!!!!!!!

Not wanting to tempt fate, but almost a full page of posts which all agree ;)

Cue the smart erse coming in to mess it up (I did see IHE around somewhere) :lol:

Nope I actually agree - players like Duff, Vigurs, Sutherland and Wood can only gain from training with the foreigners and they may also be helped to play more regularly in the first team. Duff will get his chance - Sutherland can sit back and learn - as can Wood - but I would be playing Vigurs every week and Rooney is one that I would be playing more often as well.

By the way are there any travelling people in Cameroon, Latvia, Portugal, Canada, Ireland and France before I offend any **** ? :D :thumb04: :rotflmao: :015: :018:

If they can play i dont care where their from. But i still feel it's important to have a local core to the team. With a Scots majority.

Im trying to think when we may have had 3 or more foreigners in the team at once.

I think Hastings and Xausa, then Hastings and Juanjo, then Hastings and Rooney. Then my mind goes blank. Have we played Hastings, Zadi and Rooney together?

If they can play i dont care where their from. But i still feel it's important to have a local core to the team. With a Scots majority.

Im trying to think when we may have had 3 or more foreigners in the team at once.

I think Hastings and Xausa, then Hastings and Juanjo, then Hastings and Rooney. Then my mind goes blank. Have we played Hastings, Zadi and Rooney together?

Hastings and Zadi together - fer fecks sake dont give Brewster an idea ? :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Well the reason for the influx of foreign players at caley is due to Brew's cunning plan of buyin foreigners in the hope the increasing number of immigrants in Inverness will come support us if we play a player from their country :D . So he will get more money to waste from increased gates

Brew:Tactically a moron but sly as a fox

Anybody want to guess how long until we sign a pole? :021:

:P :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015:

Boruc on loan ?

know something? when i first started reading your posts i thought to myself - here's a man who knows what he's talking about.

now i wonder if you're delusional....

As Yasutani Roshi once said to me - ?The fundamental delusion of humanity is to suppose that I am here and you are out there?