FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clear favourites unlikely to be Manager?

kiltarlity

McCall is never has been and i do not think will take us any further forward, Butcher is more interested in his Scotland job and his Setanta job. Its only my opinion but i do think this could be the most important managerial decision we will ever have to make, we are an SPL club and need to be looking at someone who is ambitious, forward thinking and determined. I do not think that either of those 2 fit the bill.
I totally agree, I am just amazed that we have gotten to the stage of discussing it in this way, when I think back to 1994 I had dreamed we would be here but........

I thought this thread was about people UNLIKELY to become our new manager?

Certainly McColl must come into this category, as will Ardiles, as will Shearer and Irvine, and Pele.

I thought this thread was about how the fans favourites of Robbo and Butcher were unlikely to become manager.

it's amazing how many people there are out there, who would be prepared to move north for this job....

Although we don't know for sure who, if anybody, really would be prepared to move north. I think that has been an issue in the past, candidates have been approached and would be happy to be our manager but without making that geographical commitment.

it's amazing how many people there are out there, who would be prepared to move north for this job....

Although we don't know for sure who, if anybody, really would be prepared to move north. I think that has been an issue in the past, candidates have been approached and would be happy to be our manager but without making that geographical commitment.

Having lived for most of my days in the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas.... also Fife, I can't begin to understand how anyone can find a higher quality of life in the cental belt, compared to here in Sneckieland.

Would you consider relocating to Inverness, Yngwie, or would you prefer to remain in Perth?

the six figure salary on offer

Really? Time to update the CV and print off some screen shots confirming my success in football management.

For some reason I thought we paid about ?70k, I'm sure that was the figure at some point in the past. Unless they now add on "defeat bonuses"?

Got this from a German friend re Krauss:

He was very successful at M?nchengladbach, getting the sack in a very

controversial way over a row with the board, I think. They not only were

in the top half of the Bundesliga, they also played nice attacking

football. Then he was reasonably successful at San Sebastian at first. After

results got poorer he was sacked. After he became manager

of Dortmund where he was sacked with the poorest record for a Dortmund

manager ever iirc (1 win?). His return to Spain didn't change fortunes

that much and his stint at Mallorca didn't last very long either. Not sure

what he did since.

Butcher has all but ruled himself out by saying he would not be applying for the job. Got the feeling the club are just going through the motions before giving the position to Robbo. Sutherland will be able to save face by claiming he wasn't the first choice and claiming he left the decision up to the Board.

Butcher has all but ruled himself out by saying he would not be applying for the job. Got the feeling the club are just going through the motions before giving the position to Robbo. Sutherland will be able to save face by claiming he wasn't the first choice and claiming he left the decision up to the Board.

A bit different from the manner in which Brewster was appointed... BUT

I sincerely hope you're right.