Clear favourites unlikely to be Manager?

kiltarlity

Interesting what Burley has to say in todays press re Butcher.

He claims he would have to be made a excellent offer, to come to us and that he dosen't know how his long term contract with Setanta would fit around, or be compensated for.

This dosen't sound hopeful for the Butcher supporters, as I think it unlikely the board will be willing or able to table a offer that will be able to allow him to give up Setanta. I put it to you that he couldn't look after ICT and do Scotland and Setanta jobs.

Meanwhile Robbo is now being touted by Barry Wilson in the press as the man for the job, but I cannot help feeling he won't be back because of Sutherland. (who lets face it will have the final say).

Looking at the poll on here both are on like 30% clear favourites with the fans by a long shout.

So realisticaly, if as I suggest both are out of the running. Who are we left with untried and inexperienced. Or perhaps Knox as the next best candidate.

Edited by kiltarlity

I think you are correct about Butcher, that leaves me, Robbo and Ossie. I don't think Ossie is being serious and Robbo has had his differences with Mr Sutherland, just call me gaffer guys I will be appointing IHE as assistant/ psycho.

I think you are correct about Butcher, that leaves me, Robbo and Ossie. I don't think Ossie is being serious and Robbo has had his differences with Mr Sutherland, just call me gaffer guys I will be appointing IHE as assistant/ psycho.

Might as well offer you the chance...you can't be any worse that what's gone before or what's on offer at the moment.

Might as well offer you the chance...you can't be any worse that what's gone before or what's on offer at the moment.

Been sitting by the phone all day waiting but still no interviews :rotflmao:

What's yer phone number and I'll get Robin Galloway, err, no sorry, eh, I mean Graham Bennet to give you a call.

0898 treble x directory

You spend way too much time on here Birdog - are you supposed to be working too?!

Merchant seaman mate, more time off than the queen :rotflmao:

At present 28 weeks per year rising to 30 after our last pay negotiations.

Edited by birdog

Butcher is a highly unlikely candidate he will be on a very good wage as Burleys assistant. and tied up with satanta also.

When the word Ossie is mentioned, the name Neil Warnock springs to mind, who also put HIMSELF in the shop window as a manager looking for work.

Now, let me think of a few seamen jokes....

Here's a seaman joke.

Strewth that takes me back a few years - the 1995 Cup Winners Cup Final - I remember seeing that goal being scored on a ferry that had just left Santander in Northern Spain heading to the UK. Managed to see the whole game before we were too far out and lost reception. I also remember that we stayed a couple of nights at a camp-site that was located on the cliffs overlooking San Sebastian and was amazed that you could get british football commentary on the car radio albeit not the best reception quality.... :rotflmao:

This is now a political internal battle - Ordiles is a smokescreen (guess who from ?) - Robbo will take over - Shearer may be the political No 2 - Wilson or Park will overtake - and if one party has there way it would be Robbo/Wilson and CC - guess which one.

But I will take over from Mike Smiff.

You spend way too much time on here Birdog - are you supposed to be working too?!

Merchant seaman mate, more time off than the queen :018:

Two on three off's the future man :rotflmao:

ATM we are 2 on/off with a six week block once a year come Jan '10 it will be 2 on/off with 2 six week blocks off. I think I'll stick with that :thumb04:

Edited by birdog

Merchant seaman mate, more time off than the queen :thumb04:

Two on three off's the future man :018:

ATM we are 2 on/off with a six week block once a year come Jan '09 it will be 2 on/off with 2 six week blocks off. I think I'll stick with that ;)

:rotflmao:

I hate you both.

Do you get paid for the off time, though?

Edited by alimci

If it make you feel any better alimci I got my years mixed up it's Jan next year I get another 2 weeks extra leave.

But to get back on topic I see that the Northants Evening telegraph has Ian McColl as the new favourite to become manager. Also naming Austrian coach Bern Krauss as an applicant.

Partick Thistle manager Ian McCall is the new favourite to become manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, with veteran Austrian coach Bern Krauss also set to apply to become Craig Brewster's replacement. (The Sun)

But the Highland club may also approach Scotland assistant manager Terry Butcher about the vacancy at the Caledonian Stadium. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

Edited by birdog

If it make you feel any better alimci I got my years mixed up it's Jan next year I get another 2 weeks extra leave.

But to get back on topic I see that the Northants Evening telegraph has Ian McColl as the new favourite to become manager. Also naming Austrian coach Bern Krauss as an applicant.

Partick Thistle manager Ian McCall is the new favourite to become manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle, with veteran Austrian coach Bern Krauss also set to apply to become Craig Brewster's replacement. (The Sun)

But the Highland club may also approach Scotland assistant manager Terry Butcher about the vacancy at the Caledonian Stadium. (Daily Express/Daily Star)

With all the bullsh!t the board continue to spout about the difficulties in trying to attract personnel to this far flung corner of the British Empire, just south of Iceland, it's amazing how many people there are out there, who would be prepared to move north for this job....

With all the bullsh!t the board continue to spout about the difficulties in trying to attract personnel to this far flung corner of the British Empire, just south of Iceland, it's amazing how many people there are out there, who would be prepared to move north for this job....

You are indeed correct, I think that excuse can be sent to the recycle bin from now on. I think the fact that we have been an SPL club for a while now makes us more of a prospect for managers and players than we were previously.

You are indeed correct, I think that excuse can be sent to the recycle bin from now on. I think the fact that we have been an SPL club for a while now makes us more of a prospect for managers and players than we were previously.

Absolutely...

Totally agree with you..... as always!

:rotflmao:

McCall !!! NO NO NO NO please god no , worst piece of journalism ever i hope. would rather have Butcher than him, and i dont want Butcher

I really do think it is amazing that our club have come so far that we can have fans saying things like this. ICT certainly have come of age now.

McCall is never has been and i do not think will take us any further forward, Butcher is more interested in his Scotland job and his Setanta job. Its only my opinion but i do think this could be the most important managerial decision we will ever have to make, we are an SPL club and need to be looking at someone who is ambitious, forward thinking and determined. I do not think that either of those 2 fit the bill.

ROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOR

OBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROB

BOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBO

ROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBORO

BBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBOROBBO