FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

todays game gave me hope, the second half was just great entertainment...top class goals from Pavel & Imrie. Played the ball on the deck, some nice 1-2's and took the game to Hearts. Esson stood out for me, some great saves despite the 3 goals he let in and he kept us in the game right to the end

The Ref was shocking though and his linesmean clearly went to the same opticians as him

we were too busy celebrating to see the Hearts 3rd, but reminded me of last seasons 5 goal thriller at Tynie when we won 3-2

Edited by BornCaley

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BoysInMaroon

If Caley show the same grit and determination as they did today then you won't go down. I thought the ICT players were a credit to themselves and the club. At the end of the day it's still a defeat for caley but the result flattered Hearts as caley deserved atleast a point from the match. Imrie's free kick has to be the best goal i've seen at Tynecastle, and iv'e been a season ticket holder for 17 years, absolutely stunning. Hearts' pen was a stonewaller but, the boy that got sent off didn't think so and he didn't hold back, telling the linesman exactly how he felt and he ended up being sent off, can't complain really.

All you need is a manager to keep your side playing like this and you will be off the bottom of the league in no time and, keep your support up as you where good today.

Firstly to solve the confusion over formation...it was a 4-1-4-1

On the subject of McBain....despite scoring an OG and conceding the penalty he was still a contender for my MotM until getting sent off. His sending off was/is a bit baffling....the claim seems to be "using foul and abusive language" towards the linesman....however the linesman was 20 to 25 yards away and with the Hearts fans making racket in the background then I would say it would be near impossible to pick if he was saying anything, far less make out what it might have been. The penalty looked soft, and given the reaction of ALL the ICT players at the time they appeared to think the same.

I said before this game that if we showed sings of change/progress and playing with a bit of fight and spirit then I would be happy....and that's exactly what we got today, especially in the second half. No sign of heads going down on conceding and even after pulling it back twice and losing the third you could see the determination of the players in getting the ball up to half way quick and ready to commence battle.

Things seemed to conspire against us...first with the news of injuries resulting in an "experimental" line-up (which was as effective as we could have hoped for, IMO) and then the early injury of Gattheusi and the knee-jerk substitution of Proctor, when a little more thought might have seen Tokely moved to RB, Duncan in to do the man marking and Black on in Midfield. Topped off with appears to be an uncharacteristic reaction to a situation by McBain (perhaps brought about through having a bit too much fight in his belly) and the red card.

I certainly don't think McBain will be unpopular with his team mates...nor should he be, and I think some of the comments by those not at the game are a little out of order.

What we need now is a Manager who can channel that fight and passion and turn it into results.

Glad I made the trip today as it re-enforced my belief that we have a capable squad (maybe with the addition of an experienced forward) who are far from giving up.

Firstly to solve the confusion over formation...it was a 4-1-4-1

On the subject of McBain....despite scoring an OG and conceding the penalty he was still a contender for my MotM until getting sent off. His sending off was/is a bit baffling....the claim seems to be "using foul and abusive language" towards the linesman....however the linesman was 20 to 25 yards away and with the Hearts fans making racket in the background then I would say it would be near impossible to pick if he was saying anything, far less make out what it might have been. The penalty looked soft, and given the reaction of ALL the ICT players at the time they appeared to think the same.

I said before this game that if we showed sings of change/progress and playing with a bit of fight and spirit then I would be happy....and that's exactly what we got today, especially in the second half. No sign of heads going down on conceding and even after pulling it back twice and losing the third you could see the determination of the players in getting the ball up to half way quick and ready to commence battle.

Things seemed to conspire against us...first with the news of injuries resulting in an "experimental" line-up (which was as effective as we could have hoped for, IMO) and then the early injury of Gattheusi and the knee-jerk substitution of Proctor, when a little more thought might have seen Tokely moved to RB, Duncan in to do the man marking and Black on in Midfield. Topped off with appears to be an uncharacteristic reaction to a situation by McBain (perhaps brought about through having a bit too much fight in his belly) and the red card.

I bumped into a player on the way home from the game tonight and he said that Duncan did very little, however there was a bit of history between the linesman that got him sent of and ICT

Think it can be anything between 1 and 3 for Foul and Abusive Language.....but don't quote me on that.

I bumped into a player on the way home from the game tonight and he said that Duncan did very little, however there was a bit of history between the linesman that got him sent of and ICT

You mean McBain not Duncan?

Tell said player you bumped in to that I'm going to buy him a copy of the Green X Code so he can learn what footpaths are for :rotflmao:

Agree CD. The fight was back today, such a contrast from the dire performance of last week.

The players showed they ARE good enough, and with a bit of luck we'd have deservedly got something from today.

Despite losing, I feel confident, with the right manager, we can get ourselves out of this mess.

Think it can be anything between 1 and 3 for Foul and Abusive Language.....but don't quote me on that.

You mean McBain not Duncan?

Tell said player you bumped in to that I'm going to buy him a copy of the Green X Code so he can learn what footpaths are for :rotflmao:

Yes sorry McBain, yes I will think he was still in a daze from the game :thumb04: :018:

Totally enthused by our players and their effort and commitment today. If we can produce this kind of performance every week from now on in then there's no way we'll go down. Aye, it's going to be a fight but these boys are fighters (as I said earlier in the week on another thread).

:rotflmao:

Black should have been in the team today as a centre midfield pairing of Duncan & Mcbain has to be the weakest in the SPL :thumb04:

McBain was left back. I though he was better than Hastings but it's irrelevant now as he's suspended. I also thought Duncan had a decent game.

I stand corrected from reading earlier posts I thought we were playing a 3-4-3

Still despite an og, giving away a penalty and a red card apparently McBain was great :rotflmao:

Cant speak with authority as I obviously wasn't at the game and didn't have the benefit of seeing BBC Alba but from my normal vantage point of listening to the game via Internet Radio Scotland whilst trying to get the updates ready, I have to say it was thoroughly entertaining - especially the second half. Pavels sounded a decent goal and the commentator might have needed a wee tissue to mop things up after describing how good he thought Dougie's goal was. Its a shame they went straight back up the park and got a winner, but such is life ..... and football.

To all those who think the ICT fanbase - especially the naughty 20 - are nothing more than whingers, I would say to you to read this thread ...... we are disappointed at getting nothing from the game that's for sure, but virtually everyone is making positive comments that despite this defeat, the players are to be applauded for the effort they put into it and the fight they showed (a little too much from you though Roy !) ...... Well done lads, more of the same please. With that effort and a few breaks we WILL climb the table.

Great game. Haven't enjoyed a game of football so much since we did them 3-2 a year ago.

This game had all the drama and theatre of that day, but we lost this time.

The desire of the ICT team and some of the football we played in the second-half gave me belief that we will stay up - something i haven't had for the last month or so.

If ICT keep playin the way they did yesterday they`ll have no problem in stayin up and i`ve said that all along but i even expected yous to get in the top6 this season so i`m surprised really where your at at the moment but i really do hope you get some kind of good run goin and yes i have a soft spot for ICT and goodluck

Cant speak with authority as I obviously wasn't at the game and didn't have the benefit of seeing BBC Alba but from my normal vantage point of listening to the game via Internet Radio Scotland whilst trying to get the updates ready, I have to say it was thoroughly entertaining - especially the second half. Pavels sounded a decent goal and the commentator might have needed a wee tissue to mop things up after describing how good he thought Dougie's goal was. Its a shame they went straight back up the park and got a winner, but such is life ..... and football.

To all those who think the ICT fanbase - especially the naughty 20 - are nothing more than whingers, I would say to you to read this thread ...... we are disappointed at getting nothing from the game that's for sure, but virtually everyone is making positive comments that despite this defeat, the players are to be applauded for the effort they put into it and the fight they showed (a little too much from you though Roy !) ...... Well done lads, more of the same please. With that effort and a few breaks we WILL climb the table.

Well said. No-one's written much about the support yesterday, but it was excellent - maybe 300 strong and giving loads of encouragement throughout, especially when we went behind. There was a really upbeat feel throughout as well, whereas last week there was a real mood of desperation, even though the backing was great. I was hoarse at the end of the game, and I'm not normally very vocal - it was impossible not to get caught up in it because both fans and players gave so much.

As for the game itself, I'd echo Caley Stan's comments - the most exciting game since the previous 3-2 at Tynecastle. It had everything except the right scoreline. Was slightly surprised to see the stats - would have thought there were more shots - but there was real quality from both sides in midfield in the second half. Vigurs' back heel was a great moment, and Duncan tried something similar later on, unbelievably. No-one could believe it when Tokely lined up in the centre of midfield, but he did a pretty good job: it was glorious when Aguiar went off half way through the second half, having been utterly dominated by Rosscoe, to sarcastic applause from the ICT support. Although they were both a little quiet in the first, Imrie and Cowie came on to their best games for us for ages. There was still fragility at the back, obviously, but we were also unlucky: I felt the first goal was a foul on Esson, and the third came from the left back area, where Munro had been forced to deputise for Roy (although the whole side was probably culpable for losing concentration after Imrie's goal). Esson had a tremendous game, and Pav is already a god.

The unity and adventurousness the team showed yesterday just brought home the damage Brewster has done to the club in the past few months - the players performed like a weight had been lifted and really seemed to be enjoying just playing proper football. At the end, although they looked gutted, they also looked like they still had some pride and self-belief; a week ago, they went off looking like a team that has acepted relegation. The team still has spirit and still has skill - whoever takes over has a responsibility to bring these qualities out of the players.

That was a really positive game yesterday, shame about the score. From the radio you could tell we were playing a good game of football and it is a shame about the scoreline. Lets take at least a point next week. You can do it lads!

Felt sick yesterday after coming back to 2-2, giving abuse to the Hearts fans and then they go up the field and score, then them returning a lot more abuse. :thumb04:

I don't think I've ever seen a home support go that mad in the SPL after scoring a goal, especially against 10-men relegation candidates. :rotflmao:

http://esports.lv/futbols/legionari/interv...em_pat_neprieca

a little interview with Pavels Mihadjuks after match against Hearts yesterday.

He is not very happy with his goal, because team has lost again, and that's bad. Atmosphere was outstanding. He really waits for next match against Celtic - that team he usually has watched only on TV :rotflmao: And about national team Latvia he doesn't think - nobody has called him about the national.

btw Latvian striker Andrejs Butriks yesterday has flown back to Latvia. He was on trial in Inverness, has showed a good performance, but there is nobody, who can make decisions about player transfers, because head coach Brewster is gone, but new coach isn't there yet. Maybe Butriks will come another time on trial, when the new coach comes.

sorry about my English

Edited by Kalnietis

[btw Latvian striker Andrejs Butriks yesterday has flown back to Latvia. He was on trial in Inverness, has showed a good performance, but there is nobody, who can make decisions about player transfers, because head coach Brewster is gone, but new coach isn't there yet. Maybe Butriks will come another time on trial, when the new coach comes.

maybe john doc will have seen enough to alert the new manager to him,pavels could do with a fellow latvian to keep him here a few season,s

If ICT keep playin the way they did yesterday they`ll have no problem in stayin up and i`ve said that all along but i even expected yous to get in the top6 this season so i`m surprised really where your at at the moment but i really do hope you get some kind of good run goin and yes i have a soft spot for ICT and goodluck

Cheers jammykev , i'm sure the fans appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback .

Its very encouraging to come from opposition

Thanks again mate :rotflmao: